Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Vibration in the front chasis.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006 | 10:10 PM
Changvi

Default Vibration in the front chasis.

My car is vibrating like crazy afterthe shop installed front camber arms and rear camber kit....I think my Kinetix plenum is rubbing against my front STB which is causing my front chasis to vibrate when accelerating. You could actually hear something is touching the front. So i did a clearance check on the plenum against STB. The passenger end of the brace has plenty of room. The other end had no room to slide a thin card in between the plenum and the brace. I'm going to bring the car back to Zcargarage to have them adjust the brace. I had camber kit installed and dyno tuned today. I think they might have forgotten to adjust the brace or something. So what do you guys think? Could it be the clearance?
Old 09-09-2006 | 07:07 PM
MyZNeo

I had the same problem when I installed the Motordyne spacer and I didn't use the STB spacers it came with. I had the same clearence about the size of a card, it is definately the plenum hitting the STB. Bummer is that I have a polished upper plenum that has 2 marks from the STB rubbing aganst it....

Get the STB adjusted, I finally went with the Stillen STB. Had to get rid of the plastic cover but I think it looks better without it anyway.