Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Say hello to the newb.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Heinzanova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Say hello to the newb.

Just picked up a 2004 Daytona* blue base, from up at Boardwalk Nissan. I got them to take the 18s off another one and put them on mine, along with fresh rubber.

First thing is first, I need Xexon/HIDs, preferably in illegal color tempature...

Suggestions?

Oh yeah, I live in Palo Alto. I work as a corporate baby sitter, (Assistant Director of IT at a banking firm). I recently moved here from around the Tri State and NYC area. I grew up on the east coast, so I am a bit hot headed.

My list of prior owns
1G Laser (DSM) Turbo, 2.4LT Stroker w/ a T4 and supporting mods
1G Talon (DSM) Tsi(turbo) 2.0Lt JE internals, hybred T3 with special street mods
1995 240SX, black top SR20DET, bunch of upgrades
1995 Firehawk edition Trans Am, #506 of 560, had a lingenfelter 427 and a paxton pro charger and ice box, 4.11 rear, best time 10.66@135
1998 Audi A4 Quattro Avant, 2.7BiTurbo engine swap, and bunch of mods
a list of beater cars, and now the 2004 350Z.

Questions? Complaints? Wanna buy me a beer? ...

*fixed.

Last edited by Heinzanova; 10-23-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

I didn't know there was an "illegal color temp"? Oh, and Hi newb.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Heinzanova

Originally Posted by Subrwho
I didn't know there was an "illegal color temp"? Oh, and Hi newb.
I am pretty sure in Californiastan, there is a certain temp max, I think 6800. Because once you get up to a certain tempature it becomes more of a annouance for other drivers (10,000+ the light scatters more so in the air and causes massive glaring).
Old 10-23-2006, 08:19 AM
jondimellow

what is royal blue? did they paint ure car purplish? welcome. there is an sjsu meet next weekend. u should go if u wanna meet ppl.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Heinzanova

Originally Posted by jondimellow
what is royal blue? did they paint ure car purplish? welcome. there is an sjsu meet next weekend. u should go if u wanna meet ppl.

Correction

Daytona Blue, man I need to cut back on the crack pipe once it gets late.

Meet up at SJSU eh? I need to get a tuning fast, I am gonna be the newb with the stock set up :-/

Probably see you guys there then.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Noobie! A4 sounded pretty cool, any pics?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:24 PM
ronnie0738
boost ownz ju

hit up darwin @ Carlab Motorsports in Santa Clara for the hids 650-641-019 tell him ronnie sent you

nice choice in color btw
Old 10-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Heinzanova

Originally Posted by bugsbbunny
Hello Noobie! A4 sounded pretty cool, any pics?

It actually wasn't that cool. The only reason I had to replace the 2.8 that was in it, was because I did something stupid, which may have intailed some air... and the engine came off the motor mounts and smashed... yeah never said it was for a smart reason.

I am a big fan of sleepers, so I never did anything to the exterior of it... so not much to look at, only thing you could see was the intercoolers shoved infront center, instead of in the two sides were they would go on a real S4.

It probably was one of the dumbest things todo to a car... It broke everything by having that much more power, and the tranny swap led to nothing but problems with the rear axil and front differentials...

Yes I consider the blue the king of colors for the 350Z.

On the east coast everyone had blue and it pissed me off because I wanted the blue. But it seems Californiastan is the state of silver cars. :-D

PS Thanks for the info on th HIDs I will give him a call this afternoon.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:41 PM
highside107

Hello newbie! And welcome to the forums! DB is my favorite color too, but I consider yellow a very close second. Only thing wrong with the blue is that *everything* shows up on it.. it's just as bad as black. And you're right.. Cali is definitely the state of silver cars.

How long ago did you move to CA? How are you liking it so far? Any fun observations you've noticed about the Bay Area and want to share?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:58 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! I roll with black cuz it is easy to maintain.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Heinzanova

Originally Posted by fowlman01
Welcome! I roll with black cuz it is easy to maintain.

Let me fix that, Easiest to decorate ;-) Anything goes with black.

Thus why you gotta rock black socks homes.

Anyways I disagree, black is awesome, but man anything shows, gotta baby it with only the finest wax (finest as per grit).

The bay area is pretty chill, I like the weather. I can't complain, it is snowing back home, so you know. As per my observations. People are way to soft out here, and dishonost. I grew up in a italian background with alot of people from the streets and well. On the east coast, esp NYC and Phili, people are real. They have a problem with you, they let you know.

I also don't like the gun laws out here, or the car laws, or the pizza, or the ground shaking, the inflated rent, and the fact they try to sneek avacato into anything I order, 101 (nuff said **** rush hour). Every Digital SLR person is a Canon out here, no more nikon friends to swap lenses with.

The Good : Lots of mexican food, I loves me some cheese and chicken and sour cream shoved in some type of wrap and grilled, flat roads, no snow and salty roads, everyone is weird, I mean come on have you been to fry's on a weekend wtf mates, no Holland tunnel, no *******s flying planes into where I work, awesome hat store up in berkley, craig's list casual encounters. I can finally own a scooter (for what reason I have no clue, it seemed like a good idea) with out getting pointed at and snickered.

(True story, pick up missions : Scooter 2 in 5, 350Z 1 in 3... scooter is doing better).

Wow that is scary, living in geekville, I love it.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:49 PM
archspeed

Base Z pride!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:15 AM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by Heinzanova
Let me fix that, Easiest to decorate ;-) Anything goes with black.

Thus why you gotta rock black socks homes.

Anyways I disagree, black is awesome, but man anything shows, gotta baby it with only the finest wax (finest as per grit).

Yeah, that was a joke, black is a biatch.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:02 AM
highside107

Originally Posted by Heinzanova

I also don't like the gun laws out here, or the car laws, or the pizza, or the ground shaking, the inflated rent, and the fact they try to sneek avacato into anything I order, 101 (nuff said **** rush hour). Every Digital SLR person is a Canon out here, no more nikon friends to swap lenses with.

The Good : Lots of mexican food, I loves me some cheese and chicken and sour cream shoved in some type of wrap and grilled, flat roads, no snow and salty roads, everyone is weird, I mean come on have you been to fry's on a weekend wtf mates, no Holland tunnel, no *******s flying planes into where I work, awesome hat store up in berkley, craig's list casual encounters. I can finally own a scooter (for what reason I have no clue, it seemed like a good idea) with out getting pointed at and snickered.
Haha, I like your observations. It's always refreshing to hear what "out of towners" really think about the Bay. Yeah, can't complain about the weather here. Some people don't like it though... there's only 2 seasons here really: spring and fall. Never snows here, but we're only 3.5 hours away from Lake Tahoe. Rain is quite moderate too. I forgot.. East Coasters aren't used to earthquakes! It's not that bad though. Actually, we're WAY overdue for a pretty big (magnitude 7+) earthquake so watch out. It's along the Hayward fault line though so you probably won't feel it as much in Palo Alto.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Heinzanova

Originally Posted by highside107
Haha, I like your observations. It's always refreshing to hear what "out of towners" really think about the Bay. Yeah, can't complain about the weather here. Some people don't like it though... there's only 2 seasons here really: spring and fall. Never snows here, but we're only 3.5 hours away from Lake Tahoe. Rain is quite moderate too. I forgot.. East Coasters aren't used to earthquakes! It's not that bad though. Actually, we're WAY overdue for a pretty big (magnitude 7+) earthquake so watch out. It's along the Hayward fault line though so you probably won't feel it as much in Palo Alto.

I ain't down with the ground moving. How come the only two things I really wish I could stop, are govern by a force I can't change. Head week (gf getting her period) and earthquakes.

It ain't right man, it ain't right.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Heinzanova

Originally Posted by ronnie0738
hit up darwin @ Carlab Motorsports in Santa Clara for the hids 650-641-019 tell him ronnie sent you

nice choice in color btw

YO!
I do believe good sir, we are missing a digit...
Old 10-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

hi
Old 10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
hi
HSN What are you doing in this thread you pathetic loser?

I would probably chose an earthquake over typoon, hurricane or tornado. I don't think there are many places in the US that are not at risk from an earthquake, we just have more activity out here in the ring of fire. It's kind of cool to watch buildings move around. I always like to see if they are going east to west or north to south....you can tell by watching the light fixtures.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by fowlman01
HSN What are you doing in this thread you pathetic loser?
I live north, south, east and west. I have no place to call home
Old 10-24-2006, 05:19 PM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
I live north, south, east and west. I have no place to call home
it's good to have a sailor on the board.

Quick Reply: Say hello to the newb.