Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011 | 01:06 PM
Junkster

Just ordered my PBM Extendable Shiftknob! Called and they just recieved 3 heavy inside inserts (40% heavier)! They have been out of stock for hella long! Thank god i called yeee cant waitt

BTW i got the silver one

Old 08-05-2011 | 02:32 PM
Max-G

^they look super comfortable. i was thinking about getting one but i think i love my little nismo butt plug shift **** too much.

probably the last drift event in the z. it was a good one to go out on
Old 08-05-2011 | 11:30 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
For those NOT going to Stoneridge this evening .. 1st Friday Car Show at The Fountains (Corvette show this time)
Been busy working on Summers End Run details.

In for pics, hope you made it to both or at least was showing at The Fountains. Did Steve W. show his Vette?

Last edited by ZeeForce; 08-05-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: eerrr did not read it was vette night.
Old 08-06-2011 | 06:27 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Been busy working on Summers End Run details.

In for pics, hope you made it to both or at least was showing at The Fountains. Did Steve W. show his Vette?

I didn't make it out to either event. July was especially busy (had an event each weekend) - I decided to take this weekend "off" from car stuff. Stay home and play with the family.

I don't know if Steve W was in the show or not. He didn't mention that he was going to be there ...

I should be out at next months Fountains show though ...

Last edited by inqui-Z-tor; 08-06-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-06-2011 | 08:37 AM
JZ33

i went but didnt see him, but i left early too... there werent that many vettes at all...
Old 08-06-2011 | 01:58 PM
DRFTER_Z

Thanks spider monkey I will look into that
Old 08-07-2011 | 06:04 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Originally Posted by JZ33
i went but didnt see him, but i left early too... there werent that many vettes at all...
Thats what I heard too .. only 26 vettes or so. Just like the one earlier (May, I believe).

It looks like out G/Z and NSX show is the largest (so far) of the season ..

FWIW .. next month's 1st Friday is hosted by EuroSunday.

I "might" be able to get a few spaces if anyone is interested. It's all in "discussion" right now. If anyone is interested in showing again or couldn't make it for the July show .. contact me via email.

I'll create a short list (just incase) ...
Old 08-07-2011 | 09:47 AM
JZ33

ME! haha now that I can actually DRIVE my car!
Old 08-07-2011 | 03:15 PM
ZeeForce

I didn't make it out to either event. July was especially busy (had an event each weekend) - I decided to take this weekend "off" from car stuff. Stay home and play with the family.

I don't know if Steve W was in the show or not. He didn't mention that he was going to be there ...

I should be out at next months Fountains show though ...

Good for you, family is important!

Odd the Vettes would double bill for First Fridays. The Classic Cars should have had first dibs since their June showing was canceled due to rain.

Thats what I heard too .. only 26 vettes or so. Just like the one earlier (May, I believe).

It looks like out G/Z and NSX show is the largest (so far) of the season ..

FWIW .. next month's 1st Friday is hosted by EuroSunday.

I "might" be able to get a few spaces if anyone is interested. It's all in "discussion" right now. If anyone is interested in showing again or couldn't make it for the July show .. contact me via email.

I'll create a short list (just incase) ...
Awesome on Niz & NSX having the best turnout.

Would like to attend for EuroSunday, but will be in recovery mode during that week.
Old 08-07-2011 | 04:04 PM
inqui-Z-tor

Good for you, family is important!

Odd the Vettes would double bill for First Fridays. The Classic Cars should have had first dibs since their June showing was canceled due to rain.
I don't think the Fountains people knew (know enough) about the different car groups. The group that show'd in May was called "Motorsports Image". Supposedly a Camaro, Caddilac CTS and Vette shop. It just turned out that their show .. only show'd vettes.

I know a few of the vettes that show'd in May .. were part of the group showing this month "Just For Corvettes".

Awesome on Niz & NSX having the best turnout.
Just a guess on my part. I know the May show only had about 20 - 30 cars max.

June .. as you know was rained out.

July was our show .. 50 or so cars, not including the "extras" LOL!

August .. 26 cars I'm told.

September .. ES is shooting for 50 cars ..

Would like to attend for EuroSunday, but will be in recovery mode during that week.
You need to rest and recover .. thats most important.

As for the ES show. 1st the call for participants will be to members (membership/passport member) and staff. After that, they will fill remaining spots via ES event attendees (so those that are intersted, in August there will be 2 ES events. The Treffen on the 18th and EuroSunday event on the 28th)

Basically.. if there are spots available. The only way to get on the list is to register at one of the upcoming August ES events.

Last edited by inqui-Z-tor; 08-07-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2011 | 06:10 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Update to my post above ...

Beginning on the 18th (of August), EuroSunday will be emailing those (that have registered on the EuroSunday site) on it's email list .. information about applying for any open spots for the show. So if you can't attend the Treffen (Thursday) or EuroSunday (Sunday) event, there is another opportunity to apply. EuroSunday's FaceBook page will also have information posted on or about the 18th.
Old 08-08-2011 | 06:14 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Different subject .. for you PC tech types.

My home PC (running XP) is having screen issues. I think (?) my video card is going out.
I see a message on the screen indicating no input signal. So the screen is working, just not communicating with the PC.

Q - is it just a simple thing to swap out video cards? And other than ensuring it works with the XP operating system, is there any thing else I should be looking out for?

Also .. I'm thinking it's a good time to swap out one of my CD/DVD drives. I've had a flaky one for years .. this also a simple swap?
Old 08-08-2011 | 06:49 AM
Junkster

My home PC (running XP) is having screen issues. I think (?) my video card is going out.
I see a message on the screen indicating no input signal. So the screen is working, just not communicating with the PC.

Q - is it just a simple thing to swap out video cards? And other than ensuring it works with the XP operating system, is there any thing else I should be looking out for?

Also .. I'm thinking it's a good time to swap out one of my CD/DVD drives. I've had a flaky one for years .. this also a simple swap?
Swapping out video cards is CAKE, and so is replacing a CD drive...

How old is your computer though? Specs? It may just be worth buying a new one. Computers seem to be so damn cheap now adays, unless you build your own machine for gaming or editing you can cop a decent computer for day to day stuff for like 200-400 bucks...

BTW, i think i have a spare CD drive somewhere. You could have it if you want...
Old 08-08-2011 | 06:49 AM
Junkster

BTW, im interested in showing at the fountains next month, whats your email?
Old 08-08-2011 | 08:13 AM
Flyinion

Could be the video card, could be a loose cable, could be the monitor itself. If the cable doesn't seem loose on either end, if you can try the monitor on another computer that is the best first step and then go from there.
Old 08-08-2011 | 08:18 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Flyinion
Could be the video card, could be a loose cable, could be the monitor itself. If the cable doesn't seem loose on either end, if you can try the monitor on another computer that is the best first step and then go from there.
Your right, forgot about that as a possibility

I have had alot of Serial cables go bad on me, so thats def. something worth looking into! Maybe try wiggling the connector as well as the cable to see if you get any kind of intermittent connection...
Old 08-08-2011 | 12:55 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Junkster
sounds fun! i cant do cold water though....ill get hypothermic lol
It was hardly cold my man.
Old 08-08-2011 | 12:59 PM
Spider Monkey

Like playing with adult legos. Plug in, install drivers, and play.
Old 08-08-2011 | 01:06 PM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
It was hardly cold my man.
Hmm interesting, i guess you have a higher threshold for cold shizzz, i cant ever do the river lol...
Old 08-08-2011 | 01:08 PM
Flyinion

Now that my real advice is out of the way, I feel compelled to offer one more piece ................................

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners