Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011 | 06:54 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Originally Posted by Max-G
went to euro sunday with my buddy in his golf for a minute this morning. i swear those exotic car guys are just as bad as ricers. every single one of them drove like an asshat when they left the meet.
Yeah ... but it's the younger guys .. you know,
LOL ...

Last edited by inqui-Z-tor; 07-25-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-25-2011 | 06:58 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Originally Posted by Junkster
I think they caught on to the Kit car thing a while back and forced alot of R34 owners to give up their registration and stuff...I forget who was making the "kit" cars thought...meh...

I think you can register a R33 and R32 here in Cali though, just need to do some very minor things to get it legal i thought...One of my Coworkers drives his R33 to work quite often and its fully registered and everything...
I think you're correct. R32s and R33s seem to have the registration process in-place. You can google that information.

MOTOREX was the only company in CA that was supporting the R34s, but I don't think they're in business anymore.
Old 07-25-2011 | 07:15 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
I think you're correct. R32s and R33s seem to have the registration process in-place. You can google that information.

MOTOREX was the only company in CA that was supporting the R34s, but I don't think they're in business anymore.
Yea i think your right...didnt all the buyers of the R34's get notices in the mail stating that they couldnt drive their cars on the road anymore? Eventually all their customers for the R34's had to give em up im pretty sure....dont remember the details though
Old 07-25-2011 | 08:05 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Originally Posted by Junkster
Yea i think your right...didnt all the buyers of the R34's get notices in the mail stating that they couldnt drive their cars on the road anymore? Eventually all their customers for the R34's had to give em up im pretty sure....dont remember the details though
I only know (or knew) 1 or 2 R34 owners .. and as far as I recall. Both of them were sold - or registered for "off-road" use only.
Old 07-25-2011 | 08:06 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Free zoo admission for orange-clad enthusiasts Saturday
Orange clothing is the key to free admission to the Sacramento Zoo Saturday (30July2011), when a cheese company will be hosting a promotional event at the Land Park destination.
Tillamook Cheese is launching its second-annual cross-country "Loaf Love Tour" and will be returning to Sacramento this week. The "Loafster," a new convertible Volkswagon bus made to resemble the company's Baby Loaf, and a pair of 1966 standard Volkswagon Microbuses will be rolling around the region beginning today until Aug. 14, a Tillamook news release states.
The tour will visit grocery stores, farmers markets and events, offering cheese samples and passing out promotional material.
On Saturday, Tillamook will be giving away free admission to the Sacramento Zoo to the first 100 people wearing orange. The zoo opens at 9 a.m.
The brighter the orange, the better.
Orange-clad fans who arrive after the quota is reached will receive $1 off admission, the release states.
Cheese samples, coupons and other promotional swag will be given out at the event.
Old 07-25-2011 | 02:33 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Fresherest
But I don't get it cause there are plenty of cars that are wicked that u can get no problem... im just baffled by cali's hatin on skylines....
More like hatin on Nissan in general. How come a Honda can sport a turbo and we can't?!?!?
Originally Posted by JZ33
figured I would post these for anyone that didnt get to see them...
Wow. I would not have even thought that was your car. Looks completely different!
Old 07-25-2011 | 02:42 PM
JZ33

haha im hoping in a good way? I still need to adjust the hatch but I'm happy with her for now
Old 07-25-2011 | 02:43 PM
Spider Monkey

haha im hoping in a good way? I still need to adjust the hatch but I'm happy with her for now
Totally in a good way. Had no idea those wheels would make such a huge over all impact.
Old 07-25-2011 | 03:13 PM
JZ33

I honestly didnt either, and I didnt think they would actually look as good as they do either.. at least to me..
Old 07-25-2011 | 03:20 PM
Spider Monkey

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BROS!

Reading in the business journal right now that Cali may end tailpipe emission testing!!!!

Instead they will just plug into the onboard computers.
Old 07-25-2011 | 03:59 PM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
HOLY FUCKING SHIT BROS!

Reading in the business journal right now that Cali may end tailpipe emission testing!!!!

Instead they will just plug into the onboard computers.
I'm not sure but I'm assuming that's good? Either way, would love to be bonked over the head with the reason(s) why it is or isn't.
Old 07-25-2011 | 04:07 PM
JZ33

me too, If we have to get all of our cars retrofitted to do this its not worth it... I'm looking into starting a petition to up the "classic" car year as well...
Old 07-25-2011 | 08:22 PM
06CPV35

Hmmm...Checking ECU would pick up a tune not at factory parameter settings, AFR's for example.

Leave it to CARB. All that really matters is what comes out the tailpipe and now they're not gonna do that? They should drop all other tests (visual too) and only do the sniff. What retards

JZ...I'll be your first signer on that petition. I've always and still do think it should've stayed 21yrs or older = smog exempt like back in the good ole days. What was your idea?
Old 07-25-2011 | 08:52 PM
RyebreadZ

Smile

JZ33 your wheels look sick man. Those really make your car look nice. Are you still looking to buy a set of 25mm spacers. I have a set that I might sell.
Old 07-25-2011 | 09:44 PM
JZ33

yes I would be very interested in the 25mm!

as for the petition, I feel the smog laws should be in accordance with the date of the vehicle, as it used to be. These cars are now being referred to as "junkers" (not to be confused with Junkster) are vehicular history! One glaring example that comes to my mind for instance is the RX-7, especially the SA and FB RX-7's. Even If the law was changed to allow for all cars 35 years and older, that is still a step in the right direction because then, eventually, any car will become exempt and have to ability to be kept on the road and preserved. Another example would be Z's like Alan's. Sorry for the mini-rant, but I am very passionate about this haha.
Old 07-26-2011 | 07:17 AM
Junkster

me too, If we have to get all of our cars retrofitted to do this its not worth it... I'm looking into starting a petition to up the "classic" car year as well...
Good luck with that! Never going to happen...

yes I would be very interested in the 25mm!

as for the petition, I feel the smog laws should be in accordance with the date of the vehicle, as it used to be. These cars are now being referred to as "junkers" (not to be confused with Junkster) are vehicular history! One glaring example that comes to my mind for instance is the RX-7, especially the SA and FB RX-7's. Even If the law was changed to allow for all cars 35 years and older, that is still a step in the right direction because then, eventually, any car will become exempt and have to ability to be kept on the road and preserved. Another example would be Z's like Alan's. Sorry for the mini-rant, but I am very passionate about this haha.
YUCK at the rotory madness, FB's = ugly!! lol

You have to realize that even if they were to bump up the exemption, eventually all of these "classics" are going to end up in a junk yard or out rusting away in some field/garage anyways. Japanese cars dont hold the same "prestige" as do other cars (IMO). Lack of aftermarket teamed with a dwindling supply of NOS replacement and used parts in general will claim the demise of most of the japanese cars on the road anyways.

Nevermind the fact that the percentage of people that even take a "restoration" SERIOUSLY on such an old car will probably end up hacking up the car and basically just using the chassis for some kind of newe motor swap lol...

My 510 for example, i did the BEST i could to do everything right and as perfect as i could and its still not "perfect". I know for a fact that there are very few people in the states that are willing to even take on a 510 build to the extent that i did...

We are a very small select group of people (ie minority) lol

Its sad...but unfortunately true...

Last edited by Junkster; 07-26-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2011 | 08:04 AM
inqui-Z-tor

LA officials: Disregard red-light camera tickets
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES -- Officials say Los Angeles motorists can disregard red-light camera tickets.
The last red-light camera citation would be issue Sunday if the City Council votes to end the program.
Police Commission executive director Richard Tefank told the city's Budget and Finance Committee on Monday that the tickets are part of a voluntary payment program and there are no consequences for drivers who fail to pay fines.
The committee has urged the City Council to endorse an earlier Police Commission recommendation to end the red-light camera program. The council was deadlocked over the fate of the program last month.
The Los Angeles Times says the committee also recommends that city agencies work with camera system contractor American Traffic Solutions to remove equipment from 32 intersections.
Old 07-26-2011 | 08:10 AM
JZ33

I only stated a couple Japanese cars as example, whether we are a small group or not, and the fact it would jump the year up for ALL cars. The reason people restore older cars is because it was their childhood and those are the cars the knew and loved, or because their parents showed them the cars and talked about them and taught them and then they wanted one. Why would any newer generation be any different? Yes, I've grown up with both the classic American cars and the newer Japanese car craze, but that newer craze is going to be to out generation what the muscle cars and classic American cars were to our grandparents and parents. It is not just about trying to be able to do whatever we want to a car because the state can't touch us, it is about preserving the history. I know plenty of people that would restore a 510, and even late 70's early 80's American cars. Either way, there is no harm in trying, the worst they can say is no.
Old 07-26-2011 | 08:31 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Flyinion
I'm not sure but I'm assuming that's good? Either way, would love to be bonked over the head with the reason(s) why it is or isn't.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
me too, If we have to get all of our cars retrofitted to do this its not worth it...
Bro, your car has 128 computers on board. You're good to go. lol
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Hmmm...Checking ECU would pick up a tune not at factory parameter settings, AFR's for example.
Exactly. It is way easier to just remap your ECU back to factory settings than it is renstalling acceptable exhaust, for example. This will make it way easier to modify our NAWZ machines and get them back to passing status before testing them for smog.
Old 07-26-2011 | 08:57 AM
Junkster

I only stated a couple Japanese cars as example, whether we are a small group or not, and the fact it would jump the year up for ALL cars. The reason people restore older cars is because it was their childhood and those are the cars the knew and loved, or because their parents showed them the cars and talked about them and taught them and then they wanted one. Why would any newer generation be any different? Yes, I've grown up with both the classic American cars and the newer Japanese car craze, but that newer craze is going to be to out generation what the muscle cars and classic American cars were to our grandparents and parents. It is not just about trying to be able to do whatever we want to a car because the state can't touch us, it is about preserving the history. I know plenty of people that would restore a 510, and even late 70's early 80's American cars. Either way, there is no harm in trying, the worst they can say is no.
I agree, then again preserving the history would require to keep the cars as stock as possible...which IMO is lame lol...

I guess its all in how you look at it. I guess im kind of an exception to the rule since i never had anything passed down to me as far as my car craze addiction is concerned...Only reason i wanted to get a 510 is cause i love the way they look, they are unique, and they have so much racing history behind them. Regardless of its cult-like following, the first thing i wanted to do to my 510 was drop in a newer FI engine in it. Sure i liked my old vintage LZ setup but man that motor was such a PITA! lol...

I guess if you really follow the history though, Japanese cars hold more of a hotrod/ratrod kind of nostalgia than they do anything else...

After all, i dont think its possible to ever get ANY japanese car to be worth as much as lets say a matching numbers survivor GTO with low miles lol...

Although it would be bad azz for Barett Jackson to auction off an old Z or hakosuka at one point in our lives...lol

For some reason i think thats very unlikely though

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners