Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 12:34 PM
SE5spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TOB? ^
Old 10-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by Junkster
lol havent had to claim anything under waranty yet...althought i should have for the leaking coolant line TSB but i just moved the bracket a bit and it stopped...so forget it lol...

I just wish they had a quiet TOB for the HR's!! i hate that noisey POS lol...
This isn't the first time I've used the warranty. Got a new driver side window motor a couple months ago after the factory one bombed out. At least it got stuck up and not down lol. Oh and before that was the crank position sensor went out last year, on the freeway. That was fun, pull off at I-5 and Richards and get towed to Maita.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:26 PM
JZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my crank position sensor is acting up now...
Old 10-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by JZ33
Mine just flat out died out of nowhere. Car was 2 1/2 years old if that. If it's just acting up and flaking out briefly or something, I'd replace it fast before you end up stuck on the side of the road.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 PM
JZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

haha thats one of the reasons I havent been driving my Z...
Old 10-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by JZ33
What the heck is a crank position sensor?

Last edited by Spider Monkey; 10-19-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
What the heck is a crank position sensor?
I don't remember all the details but I believe it's part of or what tells the engine how many RPMs it's doing. When mine died.....on the freeway which was fun........you could hit the gas and get nothing out of the engine. No revving, no mph, nothing. Sometimes I could start out with really low RPM and it would get above 2K or so and the computer would pretty much try to kill the engine. Like hitting a rev limiter but worse.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Flyinion
I don't remember all the details but I believe it's part of or what tells the engine how many RPMs it's doing. When mine died.....on the freeway which was fun........you could hit the gas and get nothing out of the engine. No revving, no mph, nothing. Sometimes I could start out with really low RPM and it would get above 2K or so and the computer would pretty much try to kill the engine. Like hitting a rev limiter but worse.
Sounds like what happens to mine when the SKIP light flashes, or what ever it says.

When I'm doing something the car deems as stupid, that is. lol
Old 10-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

A crank position sensor is an electronic device used in an internal combustion engine to monitor the position or rotational speed of the crankshaft. This information is used by engine management systems to control ignition system timing and other engine parameters. Before electronic crank sensors were available, the distributor would have to be manually adjusted to a timing mark on the engine.

The crank sensor can be used in combination with a similar camshaft position sensor to monitor the relationship between the pistons and valves in the engine, which is particularly important in engines with variable valve timing. This method is also used to "syncronise" a four stroke engine upon starting, allowing the management system to know when to inject the fuel. It is also commonly used as the primary source for the measurement of engine speed in revolutions per minute.

Common mounting locations include the main crank pulley, the flywheel, or on the crankshaft itself. This sensor is the most important sensor in modern day engines. When it fails, there is a chance the engine will not start, or cut out while running.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by SE5spd
TOB? ^
Throw Out Bearing fooL!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 AM
SE5spd

Throw Out Bearing fooL!
I was gonna come to ELK GROVE yesterday to pick up that car, then dude was like oh wait I lied its sold!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by SE5spd
I was gonna come to ELK GROVE yesterday to pick up that car, then dude was like oh wait I lied its sold!
awe seriously??

so he sold it eh? i told you to hurry up and make up your mind! lol...

that was a nice little car IMHO
Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 AM
SE5spd

awe seriously??

so he sold it eh? i told you to hurry up and make up your mind! lol...

that was a nice little car IMHO
yeah it wasn't meant to be I guess.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Spider Monkey

A crank position sensor is an electronic device used in an internal combustion engine to monitor the position or rotational speed of the crankshaft. This information is used by engine management systems to control ignition system timing and other engine parameters. Before electronic crank sensors were available, the distributor would have to be manually adjusted to a timing mark on the engine.

The crank sensor can be used in combination with a similar camshaft position sensor to monitor the relationship between the pistons and valves in the engine, which is particularly important in engines with variable valve timing. This method is also used to "syncronise" a four stroke engine upon starting, allowing the management system to know when to inject the fuel. It is also commonly used as the primary source for the measurement of engine speed in revolutions per minute.

Common mounting locations include the main crank pulley, the flywheel, or on the crankshaft itself. This sensor is the most important sensor in modern day engines. When it fails, there is a chance the engine will not start, or cut out while running.
You're teaching me more than I ever wanted to know about cars bro.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Spider Monkey

Anyone looking for a new project?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2660926309.html
Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Max-G

i hit a really bad bump on the freeway today and got some air time. gave the guy behind me a nice spark shower. i nearly **** my pants. i'm amazed i didn't break anything besides a couple zipties holding the corners of my front bumper.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Spider Monkey

I went to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm this weekend and clearly took the wrong vehicle. Took me forever to get out of there intact.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Junkster

2+2 = OOOOOooooGgggllyyyy space ship looking garbage lol...

He might as well give it away lol...everything else other than the "4 seater" chassis looks nice though...

Originally Posted by Max-G
i hit a really bad bump on the freeway today and got some air time. gave the guy behind me a nice spark shower. i nearly **** my pants. i'm amazed i didn't break anything besides a couple zipties holding the corners of my front bumper.
lolll, in the miata? or the Q?

I went to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm this weekend and clearly took the wrong vehicle. Took me forever to get out of there intact.
gravel? your not even that low last time i saw your car.... you have the mines front lip right??
Old 10-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Spider Monkey

gravel? your not even that low last time i saw your car.... you have the mines front lip right??
Yea that's me. Not herra low but low enough to excnage carbon fiber with parking curbs. The parking area was all mowed field. Had I mashed through there, I would have left that lip. Also, the road in and out of it is technically one lane (each way) wide, but when leaving, half of the lane is littered with potholes. I had to crawl through waiting for opportunities where there was no one coming in on the other lane, which was rare.

The way lowered bros like Jermy would have had to walk in.

I REALLY need a play vehicle that I can trash.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Junkster

Yea that's me. Not herra low but low enough to excnage carbon fiber with parking curbs. The parking area was all mowed field. Had I mashed through there, I would have left that lip. Also, the road in and out of it is technically one lane (each way) wide, but when leaving, half of the lane is littered with potholes. I had to crawl through waiting for opportunities where there was no one coming in on the other lane, which was rare.

The way lowered bros like Jermy would have had to walk in.

I REALLY need a play vehicle that I can trash.
dont be such a vageenaaaa lol

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners