Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012 | 08:00 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
What the heck is that? Since when was RPM okay with a bunch of kids hanging out in their parkinglot again??
I heard about these .. opinons? (PM me - only)

Axis Milano wheels

Lug pattern is 5x114.3
Front's are 20x8.5 +15 offset
Rear's are 20x9.5 +22 offset

With Nitto NT555 tire's. 300 treadwear
Front's are 245/35/ZR20
Rear's are 275/35/ZR20
You don't drive in the rain. You'll be fine.
Old 06-14-2012 | 09:29 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
What the heck is that? Since when was RPM okay with a bunch of kids hanging out in their parkinglot again??
I understand your question. From my past experience (a few years ago), RPM wasn't too happy with anyone (or group) loitering in their parking lot - particularly on Friday evenings.

I do know that there has been a group that does meet there on Friday nites for (my guess) the past 2 months (since they were asked to leave the Lowes-Elk Grove area) ?

Maybe (?) the group that meets there generates sufficient business for RPM?

I don't do Friday nites all that much ... maybe 2-3x per year. I've only gone to 1 (this year) and that was at Natomas.

As for the wheels/tires ... LOL .. yeah I try to stay out of the rain .. 20s are a bit large .. IF I go bigger .. I'd probably go 18s (I have 17s now) max.
Old 06-14-2012 | 03:01 PM
Spider Monkey

I understand your question. From my past experience (a few years ago), RPM wasn't too happy with anyone (or group) loitering in their parking lot - particularly on Friday evenings.

I do know that there has been a group that does meet there on Friday nites for (my guess) the past 2 months (since they were asked to leave the Lowes-Elk Grove area) ?

Maybe (?) the group that meets there generates sufficient business for RPM?

I don't do Friday nites all that much ... maybe 2-3x per year. I've only gone to 1 (this year) and that was at Natomas.

As for the wheels/tires ... LOL .. yeah I try to stay out of the rain .. 20s are a bit large .. IF I go bigger .. I'd probably go 18s (I have 17s now) max.
Yea I thought RPM was calling the cops on people that parked in their lots without going in and buying something these days.

My 20s are wrapped in the 555s. Super duper fun in the summer, but crazy slippery in the rain (I love it).
Old 06-14-2012 | 04:23 PM
inqui-Z-tor

^^ Yeah .. same issue with the IN-N-OUT up the street (from RPM). Too many non-customers ...

The RPM lot is much larger and presuming the "meets" are out on the edges of the parking lot (saving the prime spaces for actual customers) .. maybe all is cool. They did put RPM's logo on the flyer .. so maybe some agreements were made?
Old 06-15-2012 | 11:54 AM
Spider Monkey

^^ Yeah .. same issue with the IN-N-OUT up the street (from RPM). Too many non-customers ...

The RPM lot is much larger and presuming the "meets" are out on the edges of the parking lot (saving the prime spaces for actual customers) .. maybe all is cool. They did put RPM's logo on the flyer .. so maybe some agreements were made?
Or they completely ripped it off not realizing what they were doing. I've never heard of a business publically sponsoring a weelking loitering event on their insured property. But hey, maybe this is the exception.

(For the record, on July 6th you guys are not loitering in my parking lot. You're staging.) HAHAHAHA!
Old 06-15-2012 | 02:13 PM
ZeeForce

........(For the record, on July 6th you guys are not loitering in my parking lot. You're staging.) HAHAHAHA!
Thx for reminding me about YOUR parking lot. I have about three months of food waste to squat on YOUR parking lot.....hahaha

Hopefully you will not be the mystery guest this year.

Oh...and hey all
Old 06-15-2012 | 05:03 PM
inqui-Z-tor

Or they completely ripped it off not realizing what they were doing. I've never heard of a business publically sponsoring a weelking loitering event on their insured property. But hey, maybe this is the exception.

(For the record, on July 6th you guys are not loitering in my parking lot. You're staging.) HAHAHAHA!
Yeah .. I don't know .. and won't ask the question .. LOL ..

As for the 6th .. I've copied the PMs and the post .. for reference in case there are questions .. LOL! Besides I won't (well my Z) be there for staging. I'll be pre-pre-staged already!
Old 06-17-2012 | 10:35 AM
SE5spd

heading threw sac today. If anyone sees me, HOLLLA.
Old 06-18-2012 | 08:37 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Thx for reminding me about YOUR parking lot. I have about three months of food waste to squat on YOUR parking lot.....hahaha
Bro, your crazy.
Old 06-20-2012 | 09:05 AM
Spider Monkey

Hopefully you will not be the mystery guest this year.
I will be even more invisible this year unfortunately. I think that forcing us to stay until 10:00 when the whole place dies at 9:00 is redonkulous. Just not in the mood this round. Maybe next year we can be parking spot buddies.
Old 06-20-2012 | 04:25 PM
ZeeForce

Bro, your crazy.
Following your lead

I will be even more invisible this year unfortunately. I think that forcing us to stay until 10:00 when the whole place dies at 9:00 is redonkulous. Just not in the mood this round. Maybe next year we can be parking spot buddies.
The last two years it has been lively, plus you live so close you could walk home and return at 10 pm.
Old 06-21-2012 | 07:08 AM
Junkster

last year it ended alot earlier no?
Old 06-21-2012 | 12:18 PM
Spider Monkey

The last two years it has been lively, plus you live so close you could walk home and return at 10 pm.
Yea, lively until 9:00 and then POOF ghost town.
Old 06-21-2012 | 12:18 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Junkster
last year it ended alot earlier no?
Negatory.
Old 06-21-2012 | 10:21 PM
JZ33

SOMEONE FIX MY BRAKES. Finally got Coils and i cant even enjoy them!!
Old 06-22-2012 | 04:28 AM
RyebreadZ

What's wrong with your brakes man? What coils did you get?
Old 06-22-2012 | 04:37 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Regarding The Fountains event.

Yes, we're asked to stay until 10PM. But if conditions allow .. leaving at 9PM can be accomodated. Note, if you're one of those that think .. you'll need to leave at 9PM .. let me know. I"ll make sure you get staged in a spot where your departure won't mess up the show .. and won't put pedestrians in any harm. (We don't want cars leaving at 7pm, 8pm .. etc .. right in the middle of all the mall shoppers)

If you can't stay until at least 9-930pm .. please give up your spot.

Last year .. the car show cars had to stay past 10pm .. because of all the people still hanging around the cars (mainly due to the flash mob). Mall security moved the people out, and most participants were heading out NLT 10:15PM .. a few straggelers (sp?) ..maybe stayed until 10:45-11:00p.

The Mall people wanted us out .. they have a clean up crew working right after the show. They want to go home too.
Old 06-22-2012 | 09:28 AM
JZ33

Originally Posted by RyebreadZ
What's wrong with your brakes man? What coils did you get?
BC coils, and i dont even know... When i brake now, under 25mph the brakes start to stutter (best word i can think of) and make a weird noise, not grinding or anything high pitch though... AND the previous issue still exists too. long sweeping corners. anything close to 70mph or more and my ABS and SLIP light come on and it tries to brake for me, but not fully (same stuttering like when im stopping ,but MUCH more drastic) and touching the brakes makes it worse...

PS: I see your Z almost everyday, looks good!
Old 06-22-2012 | 07:42 PM
RyebreadZ

Originally Posted by JZ33
BC coils, and i dont even know... When i brake now, under 25mph the brakes start to stutter (best word i can think of) and make a weird noise, not grinding or anything high pitch though... AND the previous issue still exists too. long sweeping corners. anything close to 70mph or more and my ABS and SLIP light come on and it tries to brake for me, but not fully (same stuttering like when im stopping ,but MUCH more drastic) and touching the brakes makes it worse...

PS: I see your Z almost everyday, looks good!
Thanks man! That blows about your brakes. I bet the coils will look sick though
Old 06-22-2012 | 09:43 PM
ZeeForce

Regarding The Fountains event.

Yes, we're asked to stay until 10PM. But if conditions allow .. leaving at 9PM can be accomodated. Note, if you're one of those that think .. you'll need to leave at 9PM .. let me know. I"ll make sure you get staged in a spot where your departure won't mess up the show .. and won't put pedestrians in any harm. (We don't want cars leaving at 7pm, 8pm .. etc .. right in the middle of all the mall shoppers)

If you can't stay until at least 9-930pm .. please give up your spot.

Last year .. the car show cars had to stay past 10pm .. because of all the people still hanging around the cars (mainly due to the flash mob). Mall security moved the people out, and most participants were heading out NLT 10:15PM .. a few straggelers (sp?) ..maybe stayed until 10:45-11:00p.

The Mall people wanted us out .. they have a clean up crew working right after the show. They want to go home too.
Alan you are too nice to put up with all this BS, especially for all the hard work you put in to organize this event.

If people cannot abide by the rules for this once in a year event in the classiest location of Roseville (for that all of Sac) then maybe they should not sign up if all they are going to do is beech all they way to the event. And those they are not in the show should STFU.

Yeh, we were some of the few that stayed until after 10 pm because we still had a lot of spectators around our cars.

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners