Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011 | 08:49 AM
Jermy

Originally Posted by Junkster
paint them camo!

Send em to diptech and have them do the digital camo on it...that would be so HARD
that would actually be a really cool idea. i could do the car a flat silver and do camo wheels!
Old 04-21-2011 | 08:51 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Jermy
that would actually be a really cool idea. i could do the car a flat silver and do camo wheels!
That could be sick...i never was a fan of flat paint but i have seen some cars that i really liked with that style...

Ive always wanted to do like a wood grain dip on some wheels for my 510 haha....that would be wierd lol
Old 04-21-2011 | 09:13 AM
Jermy

That could be sick...i never was a fan of flat paint but i have seen some cars that i really liked with that style...

Ive always wanted to do like a wood grain dip on some wheels for my 510 haha....that would be wierd lol
haha that would look so crazy
Old 04-21-2011 | 09:29 AM
Junkster

haha that would look so crazy
Yea i think that would be dope on the right wheels..who knows ill probably do it eventually...

Diptech isnt too cheap tho
Old 04-21-2011 | 10:41 AM
JZ33

okay, well, i've noticed/heard of 2 or 3 other Z's around town that decided to paint their **** green after mine, so, i kinda no longer want green......... seeing it online and them living states away is one thing, same town? fkn lame...

so...heres some new color options. thoughts?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrxftw/...7626419279571/

some are common colors, like black, bronze, gold, etc. those would just be to no longer stand out and just fade back into the crowd.
let me have the green ones... and F*CK i wanted to do glow in the dark! why do we always have the same ideas... heres and idea... paint them a bullseye scheme haha and we have to hang sometime man... I think im going to really hate the color of my new wheels... ive already looked into multiple color choices but i really want to somehow do a Titanium like color on the entire wheel, saw it on a BMW online somewhere and i love it haha

PS: the guy with the green painted G35 wheels is the one that has your exhaust, SS roadster.... and he isnt a good guy either... just FYI... and just my opinion but i KNOW its your exhaust...

Last edited by JZ33; 04-21-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: goodies
Old 04-21-2011 | 11:46 AM
Junkster

like he stole the exhaust?? i do not understand lol
Old 04-21-2011 | 11:57 AM
iNi_REALiZED

Finally got around to washing the car today. Snapped a couple of photos with the cell.

BTW.. I think I'll be hitting up the DA meet!
Old 04-21-2011 | 12:12 PM
Junkster

Hmm is that an AAM single out? I will look out for your car when i go to the meet, i have yet to hear any single outs in person...i kinda wana trade my gemini true dual for a single out...

I will most likely be driving my black 510. So look for a 4 door with CF hood and CF trunk

Found some used Megan Street coilovers for 400 bucks picked up...temptingggggg lol
Old 04-21-2011 | 12:20 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Hmm is that an AAM single out? I will look out for your car when i go to the meet, i have yet to hear any single outs in person...i kinda wana trade my gemini true dual for a single out...

I will most likely be driving my black 510. So look for a 4 door with CF hood and CF trunk

Found some used Megan Street coilovers for 400 bucks picked up...temptingggggg lol
I'll keep an eye out for you! As for the exhaust.. I just recently got it. It's the greddy ti-c. IMO its too loud. I've had louder cars before, but I miss my HKS true dual. A lot of the signature 350z sound is gone as well. I do however like the look more, especially with the bumper tuck

The member I got this from in stockton also has the AAM ti available. He was asking 550 OBO I believe. I found him on craigslist so I don't know his SN.
Old 04-21-2011 | 01:46 PM
Spider Monkey

like he stole the exhaust?? i do not understand lol
Well Jermy did say it disappeared. I have no idea how that would happen, but...
Old 04-21-2011 | 02:01 PM
Junkster

Originally Posted by iNi_REALiZED
I'll keep an eye out for you! As for the exhaust.. I just recently got it. It's the greddy ti-c. IMO its too loud. I've had louder cars before, but I miss my HKS true dual. A lot of the signature 350z sound is gone as well. I do however like the look more, especially with the bumper tuck

The member I got this from in stockton also has the AAM ti available. He was asking 550 OBO I believe. I found him on craigslist so I don't know his SN.
I dont know if i want to do a swap on exhuast right at this moment, i really need to get my wheels, then LSD, THEN coilovers and all the goodies that come with slamage lol. Of course this could all change if i find a fantastic deal...but boy does it really suck having a base model NON LSD Z...not like VLSD is any better lol but at least its some sort of limited slip!

Who all locally has coilovers and what kinds? I really wouldnt mind getting a ride to get a feel for what certain CO's feel like on the Z...i havent had that experience yet

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Well Jermy did say it disappeared. I have no idea how that would happen, but...
man that sucks...how does something like exhaust dissapear though? lol was it laying around his yard or something? haha, sounds like someone just up and walked away with it but it wasnt on his car....lol
Old 04-21-2011 | 02:45 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Who all locally has coilovers and what kinds? I really wouldnt mind getting a ride to get a feel for what certain CO's feel like on the Z...i havent had that experience yet
I have d2 coilovers. They ride good, mine are on the hardest settings so it can be a little harsh at times. As far as handling, they handle similar to my old tanabe sustec pro 5's, but I like the true coilover in the rear. I mainly went with d2's because the lowering capability. Also the price is nice too My car is super slammed, and I can go in inch lower all around, and thats not even messing with preload yet. I can probably go another 2" with preload, but my car would literally be on the ground!

Old 04-21-2011 | 03:18 PM
JZ33

im interested in your findings with the coils too because i dont really know which ones to buy...
Old 04-21-2011 | 03:34 PM
Junkster

I was pretty stuck on either function form type 2's or fortune auto coils...but I'm still up in the air about it (no pun intended)

I have ridden in alota of other cars with d2's and ksports but not a z, they seem pretty dramatically different frm car to car lol

Maybe we can meet up sometime and I can cop a rode in your z?
Old 04-21-2011 | 03:36 PM
Junkster

How much did you pay for ur d2's btw?
Old 04-21-2011 | 03:44 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Well.. there was kind of a fiasco. I ordered them originally from a company for $720 shipped. Never received them. After that I bought them off of a buddy of mine's G for $500. A steal for everything you get. True coilover in the rear, 32 way adjustable, preload adjustable, and super height adjustability. I think msrp is around $1400 but you can usually find them for around $800.
Old 04-21-2011 | 03:45 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Oh and for sure on the ride. We can meet up sometime and you can take it for a spin!
Old 04-21-2011 | 04:07 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by JZ33
let me have the green ones... and F*CK i wanted to do glow in the dark! why do we always have the same ideas... heres and idea... paint them a bullseye scheme haha and we have to hang sometime man... I think im going to really hate the color of my new wheels... ive already looked into multiple color choices but i really want to somehow do a Titanium like color on the entire wheel, saw it on a BMW online somewhere and i love it haha

PS: the guy with the green painted G35 wheels is the one that has your exhaust, SS roadster.... and he isnt a good guy either... just FYI... and just my opinion but i KNOW its your exhaust...
yeah dude, we need to get together ASAP! my days off are now weds. thurs. and fri. so anytime of those days im up for whatevs! just pick something and i'm down to roll out haha.

as for the ***s, if they're on the forum: "**** you" if not, if anyone see's them, relay the message! haha

we have to have the same ideas, we have the same name, same kinda car, same setups almost, its just natural at this point hahaha. which wheels are you getting? when do they go on the Z??

Last edited by Jermy; 04-21-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2011 | 04:29 PM
JZ33

i ordered the new XXR 527's in Chromium Black... but i know im going to get bored of them... FAST... unless by some miracle i really like how they look haha and they will go on the day that i get them, but all the shop will tell me is that they should be before the end of the month... so as far as an exact time i have no idea...
Old 04-21-2011 | 04:36 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by JZ33
i ordered the new XXR 527's in Chromium Black... but i know im going to get bored of them... FAST... unless by some miracle i really like how they look haha and they will go on the day that i get them, but all the shop will tell me is that they should be before the end of the month... so as far as an exact time i have no idea...
damn i hate that ****. i always need tracking numbers, im **** about it looool

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners