Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Sacramento spotted thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Spider Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyinion
My complex is pretty good, though a bit pricey, but it's the only one in the area that I feel safe parking the Z at. Homecoming at Creekside at Del Paso and I-5 (just north of Arco). All units have a garage and most are attached, as in pull into garage, close door, unlock other door into your apartment and walk in. 1 bed units have a single car garage, the bigger ones have 2 car garages. It's not a cheap place though, about $1000 a month for a 1 bedroom with a den. 3 bed is $1600+ and 2-3 stories high townhome style.
Yea the Natomas area is an exception because it is all newer. Basically a chunk of Roseville that got misplaced down I-80. I'd park down there and not lose sleep.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Yea the Natomas area is an exception because it is all newer. Basically a chunk of Roseville that got misplaced down I-80. I'd park down there and not lose sleep.
Oh don't get me wrong, I looked ALL around "north" Natomas at apartments, mine is the ONLY one I'd rent from. All the rest have serious management issues or one place I was going to move into over near Del Paso and Natomas blvd/Truxel (Miramonte apts.) had some apartment reviews talking about people having no respect for cars, lots of break-ins to them, and a few times people going through the lot smashing out front windows They do have garages, the ones that sit out in the middle of the lot vs. attached, but you also have to pay an extra charge for them, and that assumes they have any available.

If I didn't work in Downtown Sac, I'd seriously think about moving up to Roseville. I still could but it would require a change in my work hours or finding a van pool or both (probably at least van pool, that would just be too many miles to use the Z as a DD)
Old 05-10-2011, 02:25 PM
JZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nope, lived in natomas once, and i will NEVER go back there.. there is ONE good area, the one you speak of, i hated being there... DAILY i got asked if i wanted to buy grass or if i wanted to start sh*t.. mostly by african americans but not always...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Spider Monkey

Oh don't get me wrong, I looked ALL around "north" Natomas at apartments, mine is the ONLY one I'd rent from. All the rest have serious management issues or one place I was going to move into over near Del Paso and Natomas blvd/Truxel (Miramonte apts.) had some apartment reviews talking about people having no respect for cars, lots of break-ins to them, and a few times people going through the lot smashing out front windows They do have garages, the ones that sit out in the middle of the lot vs. attached, but you also have to pay an extra charge for them, and that assumes they have any available.

If I didn't work in Downtown Sac, I'd seriously think about moving up to Roseville. I still could but it would require a change in my work hours or finding a van pool or both (probably at least van pool, that would just be too many miles to use the Z as a DD)
lolz, I've never seen the apartment areas. They sound drastically different than where the homes are though.....

I use to live up by Colfax and commuted to Jst & 6th (in a fricken Jeep wrangler...). I feel ya on that one. I will never do that again. If I worked in downtown I'd be your neighbor. I don't see that happening though... lol
Old 05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Max-G

My complex is pretty good, though a bit pricey, but it's the only one in the area that I feel safe parking the Z at. Homecoming at Creekside at Del Paso and I-5 (just north of Arco). All units have a garage and most are attached, as in pull into garage, close door, unlock other door into your apartment and walk in. 1 bed units have a single car garage, the bigger ones have 2 car garages. It's not a cheap place though, about $1000 a month for a 1 bedroom with a den. 3 bed is $1600+ and 2-3 stories high townhome style.
wow i jut looked at it. sounds amazing. we might check it out this weekend
Old 05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by Max-G
wow i jut looked at it. sounds amazing. we might check it out this weekend
There's a 1br with a den coming up for rent soon, I'm moving out by probably end of June lol. Nothing wrong with the place, just moving in with the GF and probably renting a friend's house that's just up the street if everything works out. He moved to Texas for a job and his GF owns the house & decided to stick with him, and they want to rent it. I can't complain, I'll get free 50mb up and down fiber internet connection for the small price of letting him keep the servers he has in the corner of his garage.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Zedhead07

I don't see a good enough spattering of rice knats on the front of that Norcal camo paint scheme you got going on! Needs more work!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
lolz, I've never seen the apartment areas. They sound drastically different than where the homes are though.....

I use to live up by Colfax and commuted to Jst & 6th (in a fricken Jeep wrangler...). I feel ya on that one. I will never do that again. If I worked in downtown I'd be your neighbor. I don't see that happening though... lol
It's not that the areas are different, it's that most of the complexes have to let section 8 housing in, and so it gets spread everywhere. That particular complex I mentioned is closer to the not so great areas that start around northgate and east. As far as tenants, most of what I read on review sites anything along 5 north of 80 is pretty decent but a lot of people complained about management/maintenance issues.

For being as close to work as I am though (7 miles one way) I got a pretty good deal at Homecoming. I looked at victorian rentals downtown because there's pockets of good areas, but you still have to deal with the random jackass coming into the area and street parking there.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:59 PM
94BB

Spotted a red 350 w/spoiler and bronze colored wheels (?) heading up Standford Ranch Rd. I think it turned to get on 65.

Last edited by 94BB; 05-19-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by 94BB
Spotted a red 350 w/spoiler and bronze colored wheels (?) heading up Standford Ranch Rd. I think it turned to get on 65.
Wewt! Another local!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Jermy

saw Hal today in his Red 370z, I jumped over two lanes and turned right on washington to wave, even though it was way out of the way lol.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:44 PM
94BB

Silver 350z w/silver "concave" style aftermarket wheels and a lip spoiler @ the intersection of Fairway and Pleasant Grove around 6pm
Old 05-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Jermy

hmm right by my house, havent seen that car before, i'll have to keep an eye out
Old 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM
94BB

Originally Posted by Jermy
hmm right by my house, havent seen that car before, i'll have to keep an eye out
That's funny, I live about 5mins. from that area...

The wheels looked, or are ROTA wheels, like these:
http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=31
Old 05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Jermy

yeah, im not RIGHT by that, i live by woodcreek high, but im over there alot. Ah yeah p45's, could it maybe have been

http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/img...5mattebrz2.jpg

those also?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:29 PM
dr123

Originally Posted by 94BB
Silver 350z w/silver "concave" style aftermarket wheels and a lip spoiler @ the intersection of Fairway and Pleasant Grove around 6pm
That was probably me. I live not too far from there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveandyvonne/5701525693/

Dave
Old 05-27-2011, 10:52 PM
94BB

Originally Posted by dr123
That was probably me. I live not too far from there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveandyvonne/5701525693/

Dave
Yep thats the one. Looks like my guess about the wheels was right
Old 05-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Jermy

haha winner!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 PM
94BB

Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM
94BB

Spotted 3 today (within less than 10mins.). 2@ 24hr. Fitness, around 9am... one was pearl whilte/chrome rims older guy driving. the other was a silver conv. w/black top in the parking lot. Then on the way home another silver one w/chrome (?) wheels heading South around the intersection of Standford Ranch and Fairway

Quick Reply: Sacramento spotted thread