Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

good/bad dealers for these Japanese makes in the South Bay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 03:04 AM
cwerdna

Default good/bad dealers for these Japanese makes in the South Bay?

My mom's car got rear ended by some girl driving a BMW. It's likely totaled so she'll be in the market for a new car very soon.

Given what I think she'd like, I'm looking for dealers that you'd recommend/not recommend in terms of their sales department for the brands below. We don't care so much about the service department yet. They live in San Jose, so it's preferable that they're in the South Bay.

Toyota
Lexus
Nissan
Honda
Acura (maybe)
Infiniti (maybe)
Mazda (not too likely)

They've bought cars from Piercey and Capitol Toyota before. I've gotten one from Toyota Sunnyvale (my buying experience was great). I've heard bad things about Stevens Creek Toyota.

Last edited by cwerdna; 02-06-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: added Acura
Old 02-07-2008 | 10:46 PM
cwerdna

Sorry to bump... nobody? Not even comments about Nissan dealerships?

I bought my Nissans while I was in another state so I don't know either.
Old 02-07-2008 | 11:12 PM
Kuruma-san

Well for Nissan I hear Elk Grove Nissan is pretty competitive, I went to Future Nissan in Roseville and they were pretty good too, the Nissan on Fulton Blvd in sacramento sucks though. Thats all I can offer since I have no experience with dealers in the bay, sorry.
Old 02-08-2008 | 01:48 AM
cwerdna

Originally Posted by Kuruma-san
Well for Nissan I hear Elk Grove Nissan is pretty competitive, I went to Future Nissan in Roseville and they were pretty good too, the Nissan on Fulton Blvd in sacramento sucks though. Thats all I can offer since I have no experience with dealers in the bay, sorry.
Woah! Those are WAY too far away. It'd have to be MANY hundreds of $$$ less to be worth the time to go there.

Thanks anyway.
Old 02-08-2008 | 04:28 AM
Kuruma-san

Originally Posted by cwerdna
Woah! Those are WAY too far away. It'd have to be MANY hundreds of $$$ less to be worth the time to go there.

Thanks anyway.
If you go to a isloated *** town that hasnt sold a car in a while, and they have a car that you want you can sometimes get a killer deal
Old 02-08-2008 | 04:42 PM
Kevins350z

I've had good experience with Stevens Creek Lexus. It took me less than 20 mins to get my new Lexus in 2002 and their service was top notch. not sure about now, but you might wanna try them if you're going for Lexus.
Old 02-08-2008 | 05:25 PM
Changvi

Originally Posted by Kevins350z
I've had good experience with Stevens Creek Lexus. It took me less than 20 mins to get my new Lexus in 2002 and their service was top notch. not sure about now, but you might wanna try them if you're going for Lexus.
+1 with Steven's Creek Lexus. I"ve had nothing but great experiences with them , and the service dept is like heaven compared to the Infiniti dealership. Extremely friendly and courteous. Their rental Lexus are very nice as well...
Old 02-10-2008 | 09:01 PM
cwerdna

Default bad experience w/Capitol Nissan today; pretty good w/Lexus so far

Well, we just had a bad experience w/Capitol Nissan today. We told them upfront that we're just doing research and it was our first day looking.

Salesperson and test drive went ok. The sales guy went to get this (his?) manager and the eventually, they said, how about we sell you this car for x amount of $. The price seemed pretty good, I said "woah" but it's not my $ nor is the car for me, it's my parents decision. They weren't prepared to buy yet and the salesman basically stormed off and said that we're not going to buy anything now (duh).

We asked for his card and he said he didn't have any as he was walking off. The manager guy had no card either but gave us his name and cell #. I've never encountered such treatment before. It's not like we've come in 10x test driving this and that. Needless to see, I don't think we're going to go back there.

Surprisingly, they also had a # of new 07 (still) Altimas. They didn't seem to wanna bother moving those and mentioned that the incentive is $250 more on those. I wouldn't bother getting and 07 if the saving is only $250.

Maybe the attitude of their sales dept. is why they still have 07s left.

We also did go to Stevens Creek Lexus (and some others). The salesman was very friendly and not pushy at all.

Last edited by cwerdna; 02-10-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2008 | 04:03 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju
Premier Member

capitol nissan can suck *****. i've bought two nissans there, a sentra and my Z.

both times they had decent pricing....nothing more....
Old 02-12-2008 | 05:03 PM
Changvi

Avoid these Dealerships at all cost...
1. Capital Nissan
2. Superior Nissan (Fremont)
3. Steven's Creek Nissan
Old 02-12-2008 | 11:06 PM
cwerdna

Originally Posted by Changvi
Avoid these Dealerships at all cost...
3. Steven's Creek Nissan
Interesting... someone on Tivocommunity posted about a positive experience at Steven's Creek Nissan. I guess YMMV.
Old 03-26-2008 | 01:48 PM
chopsu3i

just went to capitol nissan to look at some Z's and after 20min of walking around someone finally came upto me. asked me what i was looking at and i told them a 350 and he kinda laughs at me and walks away. great customer service...definately will NOT be buying from them when it comes time to get that 350
Old 03-26-2008 | 02:07 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by chopsu3i
just went to capitol nissan to look at some Z's and after 20min of walking around someone finally came upto me. asked me what i was looking at and i told them a 350 and he kinda laughs at me and walks away. great customer service...definately will NOT be buying from them when it comes time to get that 350
Superior Nissan in Fremont FTW!!!

I walked in to do service on my Altima and drove off with a 2008 350Z + I paid under sticker price out the door. It was a weekday and was slow but I honestly could say I got Superior Service. Avoid getting the paint protection from this dealer, their detailer isn't worth $**t. Whom ever details cars at this dealer sucks a$$. BTW this is a kind of old thread you just revived...
Old 03-26-2008 | 02:33 PM
chopsu3i

hehe only a month old!