Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Share Your Five-Oh Stories!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:43 AM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Share Your Five-Oh Stories!

So let's hear them, what stories do you all have with your Z's (or other cars) and the Fifty.

Yesterday, in Fremont, I got pulled over for 5% window tint, and no front license plate by a pair of green CHiPs. I rolled the windows down when I saw them pull up next to me on the 880, maybe that was my mistake. I've got some better stories, but want to hear your rants & raves first!
Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 AM
dieselmcore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

waaaaaaaay to many to list

edit: potential fail...
Old 06-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Delted:-)

Last edited by Chad68; 06-06-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:03 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

^^^I thought this was a no no...
Old 06-06-2008, 06:58 PM
mcarther101

Originally Posted by KingBaby
^^^I thought this was a no no...
What's a no no?
Ahh ****, I thought we'd get a humorous list of stories, come on now... I know they're out there! Someone kick it off!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Project DSR

i used to have a FC RX7 turbo II and one day i decided to be a total idiot and was gunning it down the road when all of a sudden coming around the corner like some lurking lion looking for prey was the 5-OHsh**... well i blew past him and i was already screaming DON'T TURN AROUND! and sure enough he did. so in a last ditch effort i sped around the corner found a dirt opening off the side of the road i went in and spun it. I came out of the car screaming OH MAH GOD THE GAS PEDAL GOT STUCK! and the cop was like CALM DOWN SIR ARE YOU OK? and that was my last ditch effort.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:21 PM
rgtopz

Had a friend pulled over by CHP for no front lic plate, and saw some illegal mods and the car ended up in impound.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:26 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Damn California sucks, remind me never to live there...
Old 06-07-2008, 10:31 PM

when i was driving my 04' c-class to the dealer to give them the car so i can pick up my Z, i saw a bike merge onto the freeway from the left hand side and i didn't know what it was. when i got a good look cuz traffic was like 20mph, it was a chp so i lowered my front windows quickly(20% all around) and he pulls up next to me and said, "I saw that already. what's the point?". In the end, he just passed me and i was lucky enough not to get a fix it ticket the last time i drove that car.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:13 AM
mcowger

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
So then why hang around the NorCal section?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:17 AM
mikez97

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
Old 06-08-2008, 02:46 PM
henry j

last nite a yellow lambo pulled up to me, i was minding my own business driving home i heard him down shift and floor it. WOW and holey **** that thing is fcuckin fast!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

This is why I keep my front plates on, my windows have legal tint and best of all, my car remains registered in Colorado, of which I am a legal resident, homeowner, and in the military, so I get to keep my out of state registration.

Oh, and I save the fast driving for the track.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
amf813

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got pulled over driving home with a hot pizza from my favorite pizza joint "Sal's Pizza" when I got pulled over by FHP. I told the officer that I just lived around the corner and I was driving so quickly because I wanted to eat my pizza while it was hot. I offered him a slice but he didn't take it. He took his sweet time writing me a ticket and when I got home my pizza was cold.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amf813
I got pulled over driving home with a hot pizza from my favorite pizza joint "Sal's Pizza" when I got pulled over by FHP. I told the officer that I just lived around the corner and I was driving so quickly because I wanted to eat my pizza while it was hot. I offered him a slice but he didn't take it. He took his sweet time writing me a ticket and when I got home my pizza was cold.
That cop was a ******* a$$hole.....
Old 06-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Control 350z

Originally Posted by amf813
could have been worse. he could have taken a slice and enjoyed the hot pizza while taking forever to write your ticket. and you get a ticket and cold pizza while he is laughing at you the whole day
Old 06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Alright, this one is a long story, but I think it's worth telling. Many friends and employees and family members have had a good laugh at my misfortune when they heard this story.

So about 7 years ago, I was driving a red 1996 Dodge RAM 1500 Sport. I was headed to a friends house and on the US 60 E noticed a white Bronco with 3 men following me very closely. I didn't know for sure, so I decided to get off the freeway at the last second to see if they followed. Sure enough they did and almost caused an accident to follow me.

So I turn right on Dobson and immediately flip a U at the next small light by MCC. They followed me. I was like 19 years old and had nothing for self-defense and these 3 men looked like they wanted to catch up with me in a bad way. I was thinking I'd get to my friend's house and we'd stand a better chance with he and his Husky to even the odds a bit.

I was cruising pretty fast during the middle of the day and they are following very closely and even ran a few red lights to keep up with me. I made a few unnecessary turns to try to find a public place to stop and get help, but couldn't find anywhere in that area (I didn't know the area well). So I decided to call the cops instead of leading these guys to my friend's house. I'm on the phone with dispatch or whatever and pull up to a red light. There is a cop car 2 cars back and to my left. I decide to go ask for his help, since I was on with Chandler PD and this was a Mesa squad car. Here is where the story goes horribly awry!!!

I put the truck in park, I hop out and I walk back to the front of the squad car and move across the front of it to speak with the officer. The 3 dudes in the Bronco got out and started moving toward me at first, so I thought they were right behind me. As soon as I was almost across the squad car I was suddenly body checked into the hood of the squad car and I felt cold steel on the back of my head. Someone yelled "Don't Move!" I thought to myself...either I fight the dude and possibly catch a bullet to the brain or I wait for this cop to help me. Instead of helping me, he is still in his squad car. I'm like WTF! Someone is holding me at gun point and this cop is oblivious. I was slammed so hard that my nose started bleeding pretty badly, so I know he felt the impact.

Long story short...it turns out the car in front of the squad car and 2 other cars behind me were undercover vehicles. In my excitement at seeing a cop to help me, I didn't even look at the other cars very closely. The guy that slammed me was an undercover officer from the car in front of me. He did not identify himself nor did I make any aggressive gestures. I also did not have any weapons. I was cuffed and thrown in the squad car and taken to a parking lot. No rights were read, no accusations made, and no explanation given. They took my wallet, cell phone, and keys and kept me in the car for about 2 1/2 hours while they waited on various officers from Chandler to come talk to them, since it was their jurisdiction.

When I finally dropped enough names and got to call my attorney (my dad), he got a few other attorneys on the phone and figured out exactly what was going on. Apparently, there had been a horrible crime against a very young girl (I think raped and murdered) the night before. Here was the description of the suspect:

Mid-40's (I was 19)
Brown hair (I have brown hair)
About 6'2" (I am 5'7")
About 200lbs (I was about 140)
Late model red truck (if 1996 was late model in 2001, then sure)

Anyway, the guys in the Bronco called it in because they thought I matched the description. The police did their job to a degree, but they should have identified themselves and are not allowed to use force and draw a weapon without cause (IIRC). I was pretty angry about the whole thing for quite some time, but I just let it go.

BTW, I saw 11 people that fit the description of the suspect better than I did, THAT DAY!

Uneducated-hilly billy-wannabe-vigilantes FTMFL!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:40 AM
nismo916

****, I just got a fix it ticket a week or two ago for no front license plate and my led turn lights that blink too fast! The chp officer looked fresh outta the academy like it was his first stop, anyways he told me he pulled me over for my turn signals flashing too fast. He actually counted how many times the blinker flashed and said it was 185 blinks per minute and it supposed to be like around 70. I was like wtf, he also made me pop my hood, luckily I only have a pop charger with a carb sticker, couldnt bust me for that!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:01 AM
mcarther101

Default Damnit...

I just got pulled over by a city cop in Newark. I just wanted to get a slurpee and some chips for a midnight snack. I left the 7-Elleven in a typical fashion, slightly angled to avoid any possible scrapage. I took off normally with VDC enabled, and took 1st gear to around 3500RPM. I saw a squad car parked a couple of plaza entrances ahead of me, sure enough... he pulls up behind me. I go to a red light, stops behind me. A couple minutes later the light turns green, and he follows me some more before finally turning his lightbar on.

He said I peeled out coming out of the 7-Elleven.

If I peeled out coming out of 7-Elleven, why did this jerk wait 2-3 minutes before pulling me over? I didn't burn out, and he knew it. He was just looking for some reason to pull me over, so made up some bogus reason in the time he was waiting at the red light I think.

Cops like this **** me off.

What's this a young guy driving a nice car...? "he must be a purp" let's pull him over, and make sure. "Oh he's not... well I guess we better write him up for something so as to not look like a *****."
Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Arondos

Back in December my 280 was vandalized to the tune of a bout a grand in damage. It took a letter to the editor getting published to get a cop out to take care of the mess. I was pretty fed up with the Modesto PD.

On my way to work some idiot on his cell phone changes lanes with no turn signal and cuts me off. I nail the horn and flipped him off. A few seconds later I notice a motorcycle cop behind me because his flashers come on.

I pull to the right lane thinking thank god this jerk is going to get nailed only the cop stays behind me. I pull all the way over and stop. He comes up and asks me

"Do you know why I stopped you?"

"No idea"

"Well you seemed to be pretty upset with the car in front of you and I didn't want to see a road rage incident. Could I see you license, registration, and proof of insurance please?"

This got a response of something along the lines of.

No you may not. You've got to be ******* kidding me!? Some jackass cuts me off, doesn't use his signal and you decide to pull me the **** over!? I got a car with a grand in damages from vandals and you idiots won't do your job and do anything about it. Then you got the ***** to pull me over for this ******** while you let the guy who broke the law keep on driving down the road. I'll tell you what pucker up and kiss my *** because I ain't showing you a god damn thing. Now if you don't mind I need to get to work. If you plan on detaining me any longer then you are going to need to arrest me.

He stood there for a second and then told me to have a nice day and walked back to his bike.

I was probably real lucky i didn't end up getting arrested but at the time I really just didn't care.

Quick Reply: Share Your Five-Oh Stories!