Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Calaveras Run/Mt. Hamilton Feeler

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:16 AM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Calaveras Run/Mt. Hamilton Feeler

Going to be running Calaveras Blvd later tonight. It's a great drive, lots of twisties and a few hairpins along with a nice scenic view of the bay at the end. If it rains, we might have to take it a bit slower is all.

Also on another note, who would be interested in a full Mines Rd run into Mt. Hamilton exiting into San Jose? We ran it once with a couple other Zs, and it was fun. It's a pretty long road, but we'll probably stop midway somewhere and chill in the mountains for a minute too. I'm trying to get an eastbay meet & greet going where we actually go driving as well. Maybe next Friday or Saturday at the same In-N-Out on automall we met up last time at?

If interested in the Mines/Mt. Hamilton run post up here. If interested in running Calaveras tonight, post up here, and PM me your number.

SEE PAGE 2 FOR June 6th Meet/Drive INFO

Last edited by mcarther101; 05-26-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 PM
ozzie007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm down to go. What time you plan on meeting up??
Old 11-09-2008, 01:45 PM
mcarther101

Calaveras was fun last night, a bit damp though. Just me and a friend like usual however, and I oversteered like a **** and snapped twice coming out of a turn .

Anyway is anyone else interested in meeting up next Friday or Saturday in the the bay? We could meet, eat, and drive. Calaveras, Mines, or Mt. Hamilton are all good roads. I'm open to suggestions, just trying to get some more people to drive the roads with us.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:35 PM
djwatts

yo man wats good, so me and ozzy are going up their this sat, you guys still down? around what time you guys going to be their at and where exactly?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:31 PM
mcarther101

Yeah, come on through tomorrow. I'll tell my friend, and we'll do a run in the late evening. We usually go any time from about 11PM to 2AM. The reason is there's hardly traffic, and if there is you can see them coming with the headlights, and hear them... it's just safer. We used to run daytime, but had some close calls. I'm gonna PM you my number.

I'm thinking 10pm or 11pm tomorrow, so you guys don't get back to the Monterey Bay too late.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:26 AM
divine 350z

so wen r u guyz bout to run calaveras again?? i do alot of touge in the bay and it would be fun to touge with other z enthusiasts haha
Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
djwatts

hey so who is still going to the run this sat? 370z revealed? am down to go as long as i kno ppl are showing up also.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 PM
mcarther101

Originally Posted by divine 350z
so wen r u guyz bout to run calaveras again?? i do alot of touge in the bay and it would be fun to touge with other z enthusiasts haha
I'm getting new tires tomorrow, my rears are bald, and 1 is leaking air. So maybe tomorrow, or next weekend. PM me your name & # and I'll text you before whenever we go for a run. It'll be interesting to see another Z on the roads.

I'll be there for the 370z run from SJ to Sac, and show-n-shine parking. Hopefully I'll have my car washed if I do decide to run Calaveras the day before :\ damn gooey-tar-asphalt-pebbles... there's a thread dedicated to the event btw djwatts
Old 11-21-2008, 11:04 AM
divine 350z

have u ever heard of redwood road down in castro valley? i run that road alot..its not as long as calaveras or any of those other roads but its a good place 2 touge....minus the deers haha
Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 PM
mcarther101

Nah, I'll have to google it. We ran into a deer last night lol, poor little guy was scurrying on down the road away from us.

I just noticed your in hayward, PM me your # and I'll text you next time me and my friend go for a run.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:17 AM
divine 350z

were u that 4......somethin number? someone txted me about the calaveras run but i didn't answer lol my bad nxt one for SURE
Old 11-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys that drive Mines road are you lowered in 19"s? I've ridden that road a few times on sportbikes and I'm fairly convinced it would tear the sheet out of my car.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:58 PM
mcarther101

I'm lowered on 19"s, and didn't have a problem with Mines Rd. I'm not slammed or anything though, just a .7" drop. Soon as I get my car out of the shop, and some new tires we should get something going.

PS... no skyline... cops are ftl there.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:29 PM
anotheraznguy

hell i go to skyline hwy 9, etc.. car is lowered and kitted. i bottom out ALOT.. but eh..
Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM
mcarther101

Were we just unlucky or what? Like my 4th time up there, and 1st time from that direction and whammo "whoop whoop!"
Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 PM
anotheraznguy

eh who knows..
Old 03-09-2009, 10:40 PM
TYC

You guys are crazy going up there on Calaveras driving like that. I just did some rolling shots with a bike up there one saturday and thought it was during the day, traffic was kinda steady. The corners and curves are scary but I assume at night time there's literally no traffic? What about other guys like you coming from the other direction and you guys meet at the turn going about 40mph?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 AM
anotheraznguy

mcarther does calveras
for me the road is too tight and i'd bottom out on every turn.. but at night you see the headlights and there is hardly any traffic.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
jt2

Originally Posted by divine 350z
have u ever heard of redwood road down in castro valley? i run that road alot..its not as long as calaveras or any of those other roads but its a good place 2 touge....minus the deers haha
Ever heard of racing on a race track?

So were you in one of these retarded touge races when you passed a car on a blind curve on Pinehurst a few days ago and almost killed a motorcyclist?

Take that kind of thing to a track - there are a lot of us out there that want to be able to enjoy a ride on a nice day without being taken out by some wanna-be racer.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=288183
Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

DIVINE Z....

Funny, I have had a few people ask me about him. The dumbest one was an incident during rush hour.

What sucks is that people are labeling us a ricers and now when I ride any of those roads I have to worry about getting brass knuckles smashed into my car instead of the usual peace sign or wave. Its one thing to drive those roads to enjoy the awesome views and the surroundings but come on, racing around blind turns.

Thanks DIVINE Z for screwing it up for those of us that drive those roads to enjoy in a way that we don't impose on others. Now when I drive those roads I will have that "I feel like somebody is always watching me" feeling (Im sure it wont be the geico money). Thanks to you now some of the riders over @ BARF are talking about posting in LEO forums attracting negative attention to my350z. The jacked up thing is that some of us call them runs but for the most part its just some spirited driving with no passing. I guess the younger generation has been watching "Fast and the Furious".

I hope those guys over @ BARF understand that they have a few "DIVINE Z" characters over there also and its unfair to screw the whole my350Z community over for no reason.

Quick Reply: Calaveras Run/Mt. Hamilton Feeler