Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Finally joined the hit and run club...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM
FastBrickZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally joined the hit and run club...

So yeah everybody it finally happened to me.All that time I spent taking care of my 03 brickyard Z and it all went to hell with a quick trip to chevron.Let me begin my story...So I had just gotten off work Sunday night in Stockton and was driving home to Modesto to meet up with some friends for drinks.I was feeling a little tired so I met up with my friend at the chevron on sisk rd. in modesto.As I pull into the parking lot I notice in the parking lot two cops and a primered 1973 pos 4-door chevelle.In front of the chevelle was a tow truck so I shrugged it off and figured pos chevelle guy didn't have a license and was getting his car towed.I parked right in front of the doors to the store and greeted my friend who was already waiting for me there and walked in to buy an energy drink.As we are paying for our items I hear schreeching in the parking lot and look up to see that the owner of the pos chevelle(i keep saying this because it looked beat to hell) is trying to run over the cops with his car and get away.He makes a wide U-turn in the parking lot at full throttle and hits the chrysler sebring that was parked next to me so hard that the sebrings rear smashes into my Z's right quarterpanel.The driver then proceeds to try to get away with the two police officers in pursuit and I'm standing there in front of my Z in shock.The driver of the sebring rushes out of the store and immediately starts crying, something you don't expect from a 40-something year old.I pop open my sugar free Monster and start drinking it slowly trying to get a grasp on what just happened when out of nowhere the idiot in the pos chevelle comes racing back into the parking lot with what is now about 12-13 cop cars chasing him.His front left wheel had the tire missing and he was driving on the rim until the rim broke and he was on the spokes of the rim and couldn't drive anymore.All the cops rush the car and pull him out to arrest him.It was actually entertaining because it seemed like an episode of cops until I looked back down at my car.The whole rear quarterpanel was smashed to hell and all I could think was 'I hope this guy has insurance'.An officer then approached me and the driver of the sebring and asked if those were our cars that had been hit.We tell him yes and he apologizes for the damage that was done to our vehicles.He asks us for our licenses,proof of insurance,and the whole shebang and after we give it to him he goes to his squad car.My buddy,who's dumb STi was miraculously was not hit, asks me if I'm alright and I faint.Lol no not really I was just really spaced out and tell him to cancel our little party night.After all is said and done, it turns out the driver of the pos chevelle did have insurance so the officers told me not to worry that my "beautiful Z" would be repaired on the idiots' insurances dime.So here I am sitting here telling my fellow Z enthusiasts that when you make a quick stop at a gas station,make sure theres no one getting there car towed in the parking lot lol.I'll try to post some pics of the damage tomorrow because I'm not too computer smart so I'll have my little brother do it.So be safe out there Z fam and god bless....
Old 01-13-2010, 06:22 PM
DB350

But really, that sucks. Almost sounds surreal in the middle there, but if you has pics I will believe.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your OK, too bad about your AX8. Insurance should take care of the damage.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear....
Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks man..... glad you are ok and I hope you get your car up running really soon. time for custom paint :P jk
Old 01-13-2010, 06:58 PM
hiz-n-herz

Sucks.. really sorry.. I was the victim of a hit and run on an expressway right before Christmas and no one got the dumb a$$ chicks plate # (nothin against chicks since I am one!) but come on.... I was stunned and she took off like a friggin banshee, I was in my SUV (prb a good thing because my Z would of been totalled as it was my QX56 received a big rash, and cracked bumper and headlight.. That damage on that big of a car... Anyways she got away, cops said they are seeing more hit and runs and road rage then ever before.. I am stuck with damage and if I want to get it fixed I pay.. so I get screwed by her again....... anywaya sorry I feel your pain.. sux man!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:19 PM
huyrua

Originally Posted by ITOzann
that sucks man..... glad you are ok and I hope you get your car up running really soon. time for custom paint :P jk
What's wrong with brickyard color?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 PM
ITOzann

Originally Posted by huyrua
What's wrong with brickyard color?
NOTHING I love it. My 03 was brickyard as well. Paint after almost 7 years is not the same as fresh paint; specially on the Z's. If it could be free, why not a change the tone or get everything re-painted as oem color lol...

Last edited by ITOzann; 01-13-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Damn... I would have asked the chevron for a copy of the surveillance tape. Sorry to hear but at least he had insurance.

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Sucks.. really sorry.. I was the victim of a hit and run on an expressway right before Christmas and no one got the dumb a$$ chicks plate # (nothin against chicks since I am one!) but come on.... I was stunned and she took off like a friggin banshee, I was in my SUV (prb a good thing because my Z would of been totalled as it was my QX56 received a big rash, and cracked bumper and headlight.. That damage on that big of a car... Anyways she got away, cops said they are seeing more hit and runs and road rage then ever before.. I am stuck with damage and if I want to get it fixed I pay.. so I get screwed by her again....... anywaya sorry I feel your pain.. sux man!
The reason for the rise in people not having insurance is because of the high unemployment rate. Cant pay for things without a job so people start cutting corners.

I suspect road rage has to do with the overworked people that got to keep their jobs...
Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM
BornSlippyZ

Ugh! That sucks Op.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM
TheFarmer

Man that sucks but glad nobody was hurt in the whole ordeal. And you should def. get a copy of that surveillance tape just to have.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 PM
junl350z

Default Sorry about your Z... At least the guy has insurance.

You do have a story a good tell for years to come...
Old 01-14-2010, 07:49 AM
CRIDDA

Sorry to hear about the Z. What a story though.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:02 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good story, but Monster doesn't make a sugar FREE drink, only a low-carb, which still has 12g of sugar per can.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
FastBrickZ

Originally Posted by scotts300
Good story, but Monster doesn't make a sugar FREE drink, only a low-carb, which still has 12g of sugar per can.
Lol yeah I had meant a low-carb Monster the one with the blue logo.Nice catch So anyway quick update the damage was estimated at a little over $4000 so hopefully the repairs begin early next week so I can have it back by the middle of February.The shop I'm taking it to asked if I wanted any kind of new paintjob but I politely said no because there is no color out there better than Brickyard on a nice sunny day .So yeah everyone thanks for the support and I'll try to have pics up of the damage asap.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

$4,000

It seems ridiculous to me how expensive it is to repair the rear quarter panels on this car.

Sorry about your mis-fortune.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
xzotklr

Good story......paragraphs would have helped. Hope it all works out.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:45 AM
CRIDDA

make sure to check if you state offers diminished value, as that Z is now no longer worth what it should be. I am almost sure CA does.

Chris
Old 01-15-2010, 10:57 AM
loudrims_inc

Sry to hear about this...hope all goes well

Some B!tch hit me on Thanksgiving Day weekend and scratched my entire passenger side front door, quarter panel, and rear bumper!! I should have my Z back next week...

btw, this B!tch made a U-Turn into my car!! Who the fvkk does that!?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
FastBrickZ

Originally Posted by loudrims_inc
Sry to hear about this...hope all goes well

Some B!tch hit me on Thanksgiving Day weekend and scratched my entire passenger side front door, quarter panel, and rear bumper!! I should have my Z back next week...

btw, this B!tch made a U-Turn into my car!! Who the fvkk does that!?
You should have punched her in the esophagus.I was going to do that to the guy that hit my Z but the cops beat me to it

Quick Reply: Finally joined the hit and run club...