Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

NorCal UFO Autox Series at Marina Airport

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:35 PM
ntrinsik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be staying in STX if I stuck to the 3.5. I don't think the update/backdating rules would allow me to stick the 3.7 from the '08 G35s without bumping me into the Street Prepared classes. I hadn't thought about having to go into 3rd if I switched to the 3.7FD.. I'm almost always in 2nd as well and only approach redline on the more open courses.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:50 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

See you Sunday, Anthony?

We had our private autox yesterday in the rain which was great fun! I got to try out the Dunlops (thanks Mike) and I was quite impressed though I didn't know where to set the pressure!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
ntrinsik

Should be there. I'm taking my car to Beshoff tomorrow for warranty service. Found oil in spark plug well #6 so I'm hoping it isn't one of those "have to wait a few days for the part to come in" ordeals. Also the reason I have to delay getting the LSD installed.

I'd like to autox in the rain sometime.. sounds like a ton of fun. Hoping one of the SCCA slush events happens in the rain!

Otherwise I'll be in a stock Mazda 3.

Last edited by ntrinsik; 10-18-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:50 PM
DivZero

It definitely looks like rain this Sunday.

If I am able to make it, it will be my first autox in the rain. Will you guys please lmk if there is anything in particular I need to know about autocrossing in the rain besides the cautions that result from rain on a regular drive? Anything special to bring besides a rain coat? Thanks!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:01 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ntrinsik
Should be there. I'm taking my car to Beshoff tomorrow for warranty service. Found oil in spark plug well #6 so I'm hoping it isn't one of those "have to wait a few days for the part to come in" ordeals. Also the reason I have to delay getting the LSD installed.

I'd like to autox in the rain sometime.. sounds like a ton of fun. Hoping one of the SCCA slush events happens in the rain!

Otherwise I'll be in a stock Mazda 3.
Looks like you might get a chance this weekend! I'm ready!

Originally Posted by Cali*Coast

If I am able to make it, it will be my first autox in the rain. Will you guys please lmk if there is anything in particular I need to know about autocrossing in the rain besides the cautions that result from rain on a regular drive? Anything special to bring besides a rain coat? Thanks!
Overinflate your tires a bit before you leave home, maybe 2 pounds below the max stated on the tire. Bring a tire pressure gauge with you, and lower it if you need to. If there is standing water, you'll want a little more pressure. Umbrella, and a willingness to drive it hard in the rain.

The day should go faster since the turn out will be a lot lower, as I don't expect many of the buggies and trailer cars to show, but we'll see.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:52 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Scott, who is a good person to talk to about checking eligibility? I know there is a rule about track width vs. height, and I wanted to check with someone about that. Rather do it ahead of time instead of driving out there and getting denied.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Scott, who is a good person to talk to about checking eligibility? I know there is a rule about track width vs. height, and I wanted to check with someone about that. Rather do it ahead of time instead of driving out there and getting denied.
You can email Peggy directly - she is good with email: peggy_hale_510@yahoo.com
Old 10-22-2010, 10:01 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by scotts300
You can email Peggy directly - she is good with email: peggy_hale_510@yahoo.com
Great, thanks! I'll email her now.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:22 AM
ntrinsik

Looks like you might get a chance this weekend! I'm ready!
Looking forward to it!

What seat did you get to replace your Bride? I'm looking at picking a new seat up since I have almost no clearance between the headliner and helmet. Was thinking of the Corbeau FX1 Pro in microsuede.. just its on backorder for 4-6 weeks.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by SE5spd
where'd this come from?

A) I spent no where near 25k on my car
B) I don't want sparco harness..wth?
C) I asked about the price of those wheels, thinking he'd want a little money w/ wheels..when he said $1600 or something I said F that
D) so what if I want exhaust and test pipes too? Maybe I also like drag racing??? I never said it'd make me faster around a autox or anything

sup with the hate?
No hate just facts that bother me. Fact: You are shopping for parts after forcing a small club (www.norcalufo.org) to pay you a large sum of money after you skipped the mandatory driver's meeting, then weren't paying attention and got hit by a car coming at you from 100 feet away. You said you needed the $ to pay for your medical bills because you are broke, yet you drive car that has a street value of at least $15k and costs a lot to insure (top 10 in the US).

It has made me reconsider giving fun or instructor rides or even riding along with someone seeing that this kind of thing can happen. I have seen cars collide and a car flip at the same autox location, and I have seen cars go off track and get destroyed at other events. Things happen, and people are there (driving, working, passengers) at their own risk. That's why you sign a waiver of liability! It's the same as when you go to a private track day or the drag races at Infineon - you enter and sign away liability. You don't squeeze them into a settlement to stay out of court.

I see my previous response to your post was deleted. Facts are facts, and here that's all I've stated. At least now you'll have the $35 it costs to autox, but you'll need to find another instructor. Sorry, I simply can't take the risk of you getting hurt if something goes wrong with my run.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:14 AM
SE5spd

No hate just facts that bother me. Fact: You are shopping for parts after forcing a small club (www.norcalufo.org) to pay you a large sum of money after you skipped the mandatory driver's meeting, then weren't paying attention and got hit by a car coming at you from 100 feet away. You said you needed the $ to pay for your medical bills because you are broke, yet you drive car that has a street value of at least $15k and costs a lot to insure (top 10 in the US).

It has made me reconsider giving fun or instructor rides or even riding along with someone seeing that this kind of thing can happen. I have seen cars collide and a car flip at the same autox location, and I have seen cars go off track and get destroyed at other events. Things happen, and people are there (driving, working, passengers) at their own risk. That's why you sign a waiver of liability! It's the same as when you go to a private track day or the drag races at Infineon - you enter and sign away liability. You don't squeeze them into a settlement to stay out of court.

I see my previous response to your post was deleted. Facts are facts, and here that's all I've stated. At least now you'll have the $35 it costs to autox, but you'll need to find another instructor. Sorry, I simply can't take the risk of you getting hurt if something goes wrong with my run.
please get your facts straight before posting..

Last edited by SE5spd; 10-25-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 AM
SE5spd

Sorry, I simply can't take the risk of you getting hurt if something goes wrong with my run.
thats fine, gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

please get your facts straight before posting..
I watched the entire event occur. I saw the car spin, and you in the air. I saw the people working that station get out of the way. To be fair, however, I will say that I could not see what you were doing, as I was 700' away. Witnesses, however, stated that you were standing with a group of buddies facing each other (rather than backs to each other so that you can see all of the course), and that you had your back to the car. As discussed in the mandatory driver's meeting, you never put your back to a car. They all got out of the way, and unfortunately, you didn't.

thats fine, gotta do what you gotta do.
Thanks for understanding.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:28 AM
SE5spd

I watched the entire event occur. I saw the car spin, and you in the air. I saw the people working that station get out of the way. To be fair, however, I will say that I could not see what you were doing, as I was 700' away. Witnesses, however, stated that you were standing with a group of buddies facing each other (rather than backs to each other so that you can see all of the course), and that you had your back to the car. As discussed in the mandatory driver's meeting, you never put your back to a car. They all got out of the way, and unfortunately, you didn't.
ill tell you what happened (btw I was with one friend who thought he was gonna get hit also, and the older guy that was also there, he said his hand slid across the car when he was sliding out (thats what dennis told me)

I was facing the cars going by, didnt have my back turned ever to the cars coming around the corners, when I saw the car spinning out thats when I turned my back towards the car and started running my friend later in the hospital asked me if I knew about the whole thing if a car is coming towards you, you go left or right and not continue running straight, but not once did I have my back turned towards the cars that I was suppose to be watching. I just happened to be the slowest out of the three people and got hit.

that is basically what happened, not I had my back turned and OH NO a car hit me.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Cali*Coast

Did you make it out?

Originally Posted by StuLax18
Great, thanks! I'll email her now.
Did you make it out?

Originally Posted by ntrinsik
Looking forward to it!

What seat did you get to replace your Bride? I'm looking at picking a new seat up since I have almost no clearance between the headliner and helmet. Was thinking of the Corbeau FX1 Pro in microsuede.. just its on backorder for 4-6 weeks.
Not sure on the seat yet, but will shop and do some test-fitting.

BTW, the Dunlop Z1 Star Spec tires are fantastic. They make a bit of noise, but my best run on them was less than 3s off of TToD (Evo on Hoosiers) on a 40s course. I didn't run on the V710s because it was raining so much, but low-and-behold, the track was only wet during am and pm fun runs.

I can't wait to use them at the next 24 hour race in December, as we were on narrower RT615s at the last event.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
1GR8350Z

Is this the car that hit you Sina?

EDIT: You confirmed that it was in the other thread. Do you not see how distasteful it is to post this pic on you FB. It's like you are mocking this car club that you robbed

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 10-25-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 PM
SE5spd

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z

EDIT: You confirmed that it was in the other thread. Do you not see how distasteful it is to post this pic on you FB. It's like you are mocking this car club that you robbed
not even the same club, that picture was taken at another AUTOX event.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z

not even the same club, that picture was taken at another AUTOX event.
That may be at another club's event that he attended, but that IS the Corvette that hit him. There aren't many blue C6 Z06s that do their numbers that way. Same-same.

I do not find it funny that you're making a mockery of the car and the incident, let alone having it as your FB profile pic. After taking the club for $4,000, do you think this is a funny picture?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:49 PM
SE5spd

Steve didn't mind so I kept it..if he didn't want it up (which I asked him if he was OK with it) I would have deleted/removed it.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Steve didn't mind so I kept it..if he didn't want it up (which I asked him if he was OK with it) I would have deleted/removed it.
Somehow, I doubt he thinks it's funny. He probably wants to keep you happy and smiling, which keeps his pockets heavier.

Quick Reply: NorCal UFO Autox Series at Marina Airport