Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Airline Highway Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:32 AM
SilentMed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Airline Highway Cruise

Hey everyone,
I've been looking into organizing a cruise starting in Hollister down along airline highway next month. I have a couple of dates in october in mind, particuraly over Columbus day weekend. Looking to see if there is interest from other members to participate. (Or lend some advice, as this is my first attempt to put together a drive.) I know its a bit short notice for some. but thats why I am getting oppinions before I try to set anything in stone (or on forum at least)

Here is what I have in mind,
Ideally I would like to do the run on saturday the 9th of October. It will be starting in Hollister possibly around the K-mart parking lot by Frosty Freeze, as there is quite a bit of open area there.

We would probably head out around 9/10ish or so so that people dont have to get up stupid early to get there from bay area if they are interested. I will take a look around to make sure that its lowered friendly for those of you with kits.

we can hit the main road out of Hollister, down onto Hwy 25 past the Pinnacles and Likely ending up in King city or Coalinga before grabing a late lunch and heading back north.

I havn't had a chance to scope out all of Hwy 198 yet, so thats still up for debate untill I have a chance to find out the road conditions. If we went all the way east that would probably end up being close to 3 hours each way. I understand that is a bit of a haul both in time and gas. which is why I am willing to shorten it to King city. (or maybe do a waypoint for those who want to continue on or head back)

SO all that being said, anyone interested?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:39 PM
willow350

I think there is run organized by ZONC/Zgarge on Oct 9th. But I don't know if anyone from this forum will attend. Just saying....
Old 09-27-2010, 05:09 PM
djwatts

Id be down, we need to start organizing more meets/cruises in this area
Old 09-27-2010, 08:08 PM
datsunHEAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if im not working im down, 831 has been slacking on the meets and we do have plenty members in the area too
Old 09-29-2010, 06:09 AM
SilentMed

Originally Posted by willow350
I think there is run organized by ZONC/Zgarge on Oct 9th. But I don't know if anyone from this forum will attend. Just saying....
I hadn't seen anything on the forums when I was looking for upcoming events. Maybe I missed it, I have been known to be a little blind.
Edit: I see that they are doing an event on their website, which is fine I can always push back this event a week or so I dont imagine it will be a problem.

Im going to probably grab a friend or whoever is interested, and do a test run this sat morning. I want to get the details and route fleshed out as soon as possible. I know that its already going to be a short notice for most members being only a week of heads up. but I will post up on the 370/G forums that I know of and will hopefully get at least a handful of people out there. I'd expect that the cruise will take around 3 hours. but test run will tell. I know a lot of the twisties arnt very "fast" compared to the actual milage of route.

Last edited by SilentMed; 09-29-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:29 AM
sonoriansZ

yeah its on the 9th. every1 should go to the ZONC meet as well. if u can push it towards 23rd id be down
Old 10-04-2010, 08:17 AM
SilentMed

Originally Posted by sonoriansZ
yeah its on the 9th. every1 should go to the ZONC meet as well. if u can push it towards 23rd id be down
Sounds good to me, I did about 7 Hours of driving on saturday trying out routes and think I have it pretty well together. I will be putting up a Thread for it Shortly.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

more info:

Old 10-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Maddawg

Check out the following link http://www.zonc.org

While you are there, think about joining the club as a member. There's a lot of discounts linked there to offset the meager club fee.

-Maddawg-
Old 10-09-2010, 02:25 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I should hopefully be back in action and back home. In Chula Vista (San Diego) on a little R&R now, but the later date I should be possibly back. Just not sure as of yet though.