Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[East Bay]: TPMS removal and Install(local)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:19 AM
semperfi510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS removal and Install(local)

Does anyone know anyone in the Berkeley area that can take of the TPM Sensors off my old rims and put them on my new ones or is it better to take to Nissan? Thanks for the help.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
willow350

Big O tire at Pinole did on mine. Just call some shop, see if they are willing. But you have to make sure your TPM will fit your new rims. Some don't fit. If you are worry about scratching your rims during install, I wouldn't go to Big O tire though. Call AutoInnovation if they can do it. They do good install. But in San Jose...
Old 05-31-2011, 11:21 AM
semperfi510

I don't think my rims now are set up for the TPMS. How would I know? Can nissan strap them on?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:54 PM
willow350

I encourage you to use search engine. You will find lots info about this. If your rims are not set up for tpm, a small "!" will be on your dash. If I'm correct, some early model z don't have tpm. But I could be wrong on this. If you don't mind a small tpm light on the dash, just forget about it. Just check air at regular intervals.

Last edited by willow350; 05-31-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
semperfi510

Originally Posted by willow350
I encourage you to use search engine. You will find lots info about this. If your rims are not set up for tpm, a small "!" will be on your dash. If I'm correct, some early model z don't have tpm. But I could be wrong on this. If you don't mind a small tpm light on the dash, just forget about it. Just check air at regular intervals.
I have done a lot of searching on it but I am still was wondering if anyone in the bay has a place that knows how to put the sensor on an aftermaket rim. I have never seen a Z with my wheel so its kind of hard to see if anyone has done it with my style BBS wheel.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:08 PM
grace

Rite-Way in Walnut Creek can do this for you. Jose normally fixes rims but he's mounted tires for a few guys on Driver. Personally he's fixed a couple of bent rims on my Jlines without any mishap. He's a good guy who really tries to help. I'd call and ask about your TPMS.

My bent rim was so bad I wound up leaving it on a Sunday. He came down that day and put my car in the garage (when I expected it to be just left overnight to be found in the morning). His wife is in the office and answers the phone. Depending on the day she can be "cranky". Don't let her put you off. I'm in Oakland and it's worth the drive.

Rite-Way
1119 Alpine Rd
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 933-4046
http://www.yelp.com/biz/rite-way-wir...s-walnut-creek

Last edited by grace; 05-31-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:06 PM
semperfi510

Originally Posted by grace
Rite-Way in Walnut Creek can do this for you. Jose normally fixes rims but he's mounted tires for a few guys on Driver. Personally he's fixed a couple of bent rims on my Jlines without any mishap. He's a good guy who really tries to help. I'd call and ask about your TPMS.

My bent rim was so bad I wound up leaving it on a Sunday. He came down that day and put my car in the garage (when I expected it to be just left overnight to be found in the morning). His wife is in the office and answers the phone. Depending on the day she can be "cranky". Don't let her put you off. I'm in Oakland and it's worth the drive.

Rite-Way
1119 Alpine Rd
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
(925) 933-4046
http://www.yelp.com/biz/rite-way-wir...s-walnut-creek
Cool I'll see if he can do it. I am willing to drive if they can.