Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

SF Wekfest 2012 | February 19th!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 831_Z33
Staging took a while as well. We had to roll up at 10 am. But by the time we finally got parked and settled it was already 12:30 ish. We were told that we had to have 1/4 or less of gas, if it wasn't for me turning off my car every so often i would have been stuck pushing my car.

On another note please be on the look out for my friends Del Sol. It was stolen yesterday night at Wekfest. Any information please let me know. It has our crew's banner on the front windshield that reads Rising Suns Motorsports. Car was parked in a residential area by the show.

couple of friends that assisted to the show witnessed tons of cars getting towed(ya.. couple of rich bastards live around there)

Best of luck!

Last edited by ITOzann; 02-20-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
- bigc -

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD
...they are **** about there parking up there lol
yes we are.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 PM
831_Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was our first thought but someone spotted it in Oakland, they stripped the banner and cf vinyl accents off. It was apparently trying to race a Camero. Lol that was this afternoon. Oakland police was called but no update since then.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Staging took a while as well. We had to roll up at 10 am. But by the time we finally got parked and settled it was already 12:30 ish. We were told that we had to have 1/4 or less of gas, if it wasn't for me turning off my car every so often i would have been stuck pushing my car.

On another note please be on the look out for my friends Del Sol. It was stolen yesterday night at Wekfest. Any information please let me know. It has our crew's banner on the front windshield that reads Rising Suns Motorsports. Car was parked in a residential area by the show.
Our friends (with the green 4 door gt35r b18 ITR) rolled out with us at just before 7am, but got in DAYS before us.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 AM
831_Z33

Update:

Car found in Oakland and in one piece! i guess my friend was one of the lucky ones. Rims where gone but overall the car is in good shape.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 PM
inqui-Z-tor

TNT crew awards ...
1st Place Scion – J. Agapalsin
3rd Place Scion – T.Nakanishi
3rd Place Exotic – M.Dhillon
2nd Place Porsche – J.Mendoza
3rd Place Nissan – L.Morales
3rd Place Subaru – K.Hirsch
2nd Place Import – D.Huang
3rd Place Best Crew – TNT AutoBody Sacramento
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM
inqui-Z-tor

We were told that we had to have 1/4 or less of gas, if it wasn't for me turning off my car every so often i would have been stuck pushing my car.
Common requirement for most (if not all) indoor - car events in NorCAL. I know it was made known at the Wekfest site and in their emails sent to accepted participants.

I wonder what the lines at the gas stations looked like .... ???

Last edited by inqui-Z-tor; 02-21-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
sid67jp

SFWEKFEST IV 2012
Old 02-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
Lines challenge again, eh? Sorry to hear that ..

Well at least you didn't come across SF's finest. I heard a few had challenges upon leaving the event ...
People were getting pulled over getting out of the show? (show cars)

I was one of the first people leaving the show, i didnt wait around for the traffic jam to happen trying to get my car out of the warehouses lol...

Glad your buddy found his car! As for the Gas its like that at ANY big car show. Its more or less a much bigger deal when its an indoor show than outdoor.

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
Good gawd, sounds worse than the first hot import nights show in Long Beach. A guys modded TypeR (that was a show car) was stolen there too.

I hope people that went there enjoyed the City's other offerings like food and night life.
I stayed up there Saturday AND Sunday night Had some good food! Hit up the bars on a solo mission on sunday after the show. Mostly cause my girl was tired and wanted to stay in the room haha...I had fun though, met some cool peeps in my drunken stupor

Originally Posted by TongMan
The line was crazy long. I decided to dip out at around 2pm while still waiting in line. The location for the show was bad. Regular traffic on the streets were stupid crazy already. With all the cars that came for the show, the traffic got 50x worst. This will be my last WekFest show for a very long time.

The only good thing that resulted in this trip was that my girl and I had to try some bomb Thai food in downtown SF and the caravan from Elk Grove was pretty tite. Other than that, pretty much a fail event.
Yea i told all my firends that wanted to come to come way before noon if they wanted to get in at a reasonable time. I knew they were going to have the same crowding issues as before. Ill tell you what though, i would never go to wekfest if i wasnt showing one of my cars...lol...This is going to be my last car show for a LONG time. Its not even the crowds that bother me, its the having to stay there for 8 hours or more not being able to leave or anything. It gets old really fast! This is the second show i have done with the dime...im over it haha

My girl said a few people came up to her looking for me when she was holding my hood open for pictures (no hood prop fml lol). I had to bail out and search for a pack of smokes and go for a walk i was getting kinda irritated just sitting around doing nothing lol...
Old 02-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Junkster

I was also pretty worried about leaving my car out over night for the two nights i was there. I was about 1/2 a mile away from fort mason at some hole in the wall motel. They had cameras in the parking lot though, so that may have been a deterent. Rediculously loud alarm and tons of kill switches kinda help too haha...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

^ You sir have a clean 510, the shift **** was cool
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
^ You sir have a clean 510, the shift **** was cool
lol thanks!

Was i not by my car when you came by? I cant say i member meeting you in person... hmmm...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

You were there, I was the big bald mexican guy...lol

As a matter of fact, I was the black 350Z that was reversing right in front of you as we were staging.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
You were there, I was the big bald mexican guy...lol

As a matter of fact, I was the black 350Z that was reversing right in front of you as we were staging.
Hmm i cant even remember talking to you! wtf...its kinda funny how big events like this turn out sometimes.

I swear to god i walked around both buildings like 6 or more times and every time I see pictures or videos from the event I wonder how I didn’t see half the cars on the videos or pictures?! Lol

I’m pretty sure I met quite a lot of other people and just don’t remember too much stuff going on I guess to keep yourself focused lol
Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM
inqui-Z-tor

Canibeat coverage ..

http://www.canibeat.com/2012/02/wekf...a-2012-part-1/