Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Bay Area]: Redline Time Attack 2nd Place Finish w/ Z Car Garage Tuned Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 AM
pchio

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Redline Time Attack 2nd Place Finish w/ Z Car Garage Tuned Z

It was a tough week. But BIG THANKS to Z Car garage for all the great works and tuning done to make our car competitve!!
http://www.zcarblog.com/2013/02/21/e...uned-350z.html

Redline Time Attack Round 1 at Buttonwillow CW 13 on Feb 16/17 Weekend. Our plan was to stay in Street Class with Hankook RS3. There were 2 other fast s2000 drivers which already hit 1'59 will be in the same class during the event.

Saturday:
Since we took off the ABS unit completely and installed a Brake Bias valve. We were testing out the car with heat-cycled out RS3 and spending the whole day adjusting the brake bias and different brake pads. Best Time was 2.00.02, we have confident that low 1'59 or high 1'58 is very possible with a brand new set of tires.

Sunday:
Bad news - Rear brake rotors was cracked badly. We had a spare set of front rotors, but not the rear!! So we called around all the part stores in that area and finally found one that will have them available around 12:30pm. In this case, we will miss all the practice session in the morning and the first round of time attack.

Bad news #2 - We tried and read the rules carefully to make our car to stay in street class but we missed our GT-Wing. I never never noticed my wing is that big until today The wing of the car extends out of the rear bumper. Street class denied, we are bumped up to unlimited class to against some ZR1s and full prepped Race cars. I have no choice but to swap in a set of Toyo R-Compound tires instead

At the end, despite the lag of morning practice, we managed a 1'58.5 best time and secured the 2nd place finish. We still have tons of time left on the table, because the brand new tires and brake pads were not broken in, and the time attack session was only 3 laps + 3 laps only. It's very possible that we can achieve at least low 1'57 if everything is going the right direction.

Race Result

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UMdooGweMHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At the very end, we are invited to do a super session with all the top drivers all the day. We are the only car that under 300whp in the group.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g7rcBZWADKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Avoiding a rx7 at 100mph riverside:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nvjPE1bUjPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM
R.O.C.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!! Congrats Pchio! i'm planning on attending March 24th... just to spectate though...
Old 02-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Spider Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn't realize you had a BIG *** wing on your trunk?!?!? lol
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM
pchio

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Come over and check it out ROC.

And lol, I just didnt realize my wing extends out of very back of the rear bumper by 2 inchs. It still within the width of the body.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats also. Yeah, ZCargarage at your back. Can't go wrong with that gang, they're the best!