Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

My Scion billboards are up! what d'yall think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 12:12 AM
tulene

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Scion billboards are up! what d'yall think?

Hello folks,
just wanted to share this pic because i was proud to see it in my own backyard the other day.
i'm a local photographer primarily doing commercial ad projects for nike, adidas, levi's etc. but this was my first car shoot i've done, for the new Toyota Scion's. It's quite different from what i'm known for. You might have seen the new campaign, it's fairly extensive in print and tv. We did three ads and i'll post the other two soon.
this one was taken on 9th st. and mission in the city. i saw another one on broadway and polk in russian hill.

has anyone driven the xB? i couldve gotten a pretty good deal for one even though they are already priced affordably but, er. . . . nope. can only have one car and i wanted a Z.

sad to see the homeless people camped below this billboard. wanted to include them in the photo as a reminder of how fortunate we are to be in this forum.

best, James
Old 01-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice picture james... you gotta come out & meet the group... maybe take some group pictures of the 350Z's...

do you have a site with some of your work?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:01 AM
89Turbo944

Not big on the Scion's but its a great photo. The homless folks at the base of the photo make you think. That bilboard is advertising a "cheap" vehicle. But the people that are using that bilboard for schelter have nothing. It is a strang world we live in. Everyone takes what they have for granted. My first car ever was a 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 S. I though it was a piece of crap. Then i realized (many years later) that i was very fortunet to even have a car at 16 years old.

Sorry about my ranting. The photo provocs many emotions. Great shot. Got anymore?

Tim
Old 01-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Balls

Default Re: My Scion billboards are up! what d'yall think?

Originally posted by tulene
Hello folks,
just wanted to share this pic because i was proud to see it in my own backyard the other day.
i'm a local photographer primarily doing commercial ad projects for nike, adidas, levi's etc. but this was my first car shoot i've done, for the new Toyota Scion's. It's quite different from what i'm known for. You might have seen the new campaign, it's fairly extensive in print and tv. We did three ads and i'll post the other two soon.
this one was taken on 9th st. and mission in the city. i saw another one on broadway and polk in russian hill.

has anyone driven the xB? i couldve gotten a pretty good deal for one even though they are already priced affordably but, er. . . . nope. can only have one car and i wanted a Z.

sad to see the homeless people camped below this billboard. wanted to include them in the photo as a reminder of how fortunate we are to be in this forum.

best, James
nice pics. I've driven the xB... it has a very toyota feel to it. =)
Attached Thumbnails My Scion billboards are up! what d'yall think?-dsc01621.jpeg  
Old 01-29-2004, 09:57 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Nice pic. You an AAC grad?
Old 01-29-2004, 11:02 AM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pic!! what other work might we have seen?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:08 PM
StrictlyZ

Looks good! The Xb's are pretty cool. I thought about getting one as a daily driver. There is so much in there. So much in fact that you have enough room for a lap dance in the back seats

If I got one ofcourse I would put a Turbocharger or supercharger to make it move faster!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Balls

Originally posted by StrictlyZ
If I got one ofcourse I would put a Turbocharger or supercharger to make it move faster!
Yeah it has no ***** at all... the engine revs nicely but the power never kicks in... =\

The cool thing is that it doesn't lean / roll as much as you'd expect it to so the handling is surprisingly... moderate. hehe