Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Help in selling my dead Z.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 02:17 AM
Trowa Barton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help in selling my dead Z.

So im having issues. This z i have is dead. The timing cjain blew up and ruined the engine was gonna cost 9k to fix at shop 3500 for an ok engine. So i ended up with a new z thats blue and 28k miles. I love it but i got a dead z i my drive way. I want to sell it get some money its not in bad condition just dead. How should i go about this.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:36 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Something is not right about this story. VQ engines don't shred timing chains with just 28K on them. As you say, your Z33 isn't worth much without an engine. You've got a choice: either repair it (either by a local shop or by yourself if you've got the skills, tools and time) or try to sell it as is.

BTW- $9K for having a used engine put in is a high bid. Do some more looking (like in the SoCal ads on this board) before you decide to pay anything near to that.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:49 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

I think Mr. Punctuation actually has 2 Z's; the original with the blown motor, and the new blue one with 28k miles. Perhaps he'd like us to write the Craigslist ad to help him sell the dead one?
Old 05-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Trowa Barton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcains
I think Mr. Punctuation actually has 2 Z's; the original with the blown motor, and the new blue one with 28k miles. Perhaps he'd like us to write the Craigslist ad to help him sell the dead one?
Yea sorry typed it on a phone at 2 am in the morning. Well i havnt posted on cl and i had a friend who could do the repair for 5k. I was saving when i saw a sweet deal. A blue one 28k miles at a dealership for $13k i had 3k saved and i had a honda fit as a 5k down payment; at this time i owe 6k plus it had the subwoofers and amp and nav system that my first silver one didnt have. I am the blue zs second owner. And first owner was an old man who drove according to carfax about 2k a year or less like a weekend car. And he took it to dealerships every 2 yearsfor a maintence and a "noise". Thats it. I have neever seen such a fresh z. So yea i have a blue one and now a silver one. I dont want to low ball myself cuz i never dealt with a dead car and pick n pull wont give me anything but 300.
More infor of silver z. I got scammed and its on my intro post. Basically i bought a car with odometer 68k. For 7500. Needed a little work and after buying it looked on car fax. Carfax states 114k miles but i even took it to mechanic and he said he vouldnt see major wear and damage to engine so he did an oil change and flushed the system for a really amazing price of 100. He daid he owned a z nd felt bad me getting scammed. I worked on the silver z but cosmiticlly. The engine seized after 3 months and time chain broke. It was 9k with labor and 5k for engine. I was saving and when the blue ome pooped up on an ad from truecar on a random site (cuz the google does that now kinda scary as ish.)
Old 05-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Neeleo_Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trowa Barton
Yea sorry typed it on a phone at 2 am in the morning. Well i havnt posted on cl and i had a friend who could do the repair for 5k. I was saving when i saw a sweet deal. A blue one 28k miles at a dealership for $13k i had 3k saved and i had a honda fit as a 5k down payment; at this time i owe 6k plus it had the subwoofers and amp and nav system that my first silver one didnt have. I am the blue zs second owner. And first owner was an old man who drove according to carfax about 2k a year or less like a weekend car. And he took it to dealerships every 2 yearsfor a maintence and a "noise". Thats it. I have neever seen such a fresh z. So yea i have a blue one and now a silver one. I dont want to low ball myself cuz i never dealt with a dead car and pick n pull wont give me anything but 300.
More infor of silver z. I got scammed and its on my intro post. Basically i bought a car with odometer 68k. For 7500. Needed a little work and after buying it looked on car fax. Carfax states 114k miles but i even took it to mechanic and he said he vouldnt see major wear and damage to engine so he did an oil change and flushed the system for a really amazing price of 100. He daid he owned a z nd felt bad me getting scammed. I worked on the silver z but cosmiticlly. The engine seized after 3 months and time chain broke. It was 9k with labor and 5k for engine. I was saving and when the blue ome pooped up on an ad from truecar on a random site (cuz the google does that now kinda scary as ish.)
How much are you looking to get out of your "Dead Z" ..PM me with details. I might be interested. Or if you want to get it fixed i can help with that as well.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:36 AM
VenomGT9

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

post pics
Old 05-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Blurvision

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

Call your local junkyard. They should come and get it with no issue.