Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone with a silverstone who has had body work/paint done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 10:52 AM
ProjectAlpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Page 2 OWN3D!
Sure, you can call me at the shop 415.495.2236 and ask for Andy. Or just stop by the shop, 530 Bryant ST SF CA 94107.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Shift33

Any pics of the shaved emblem yet Michelle? Sorry for infultrating on this post 2004z.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Trustd_1

Originally posted by mgl
i was first quoted $250 to shave and repaint. but it went up to $275 cuz i wanted to repaint the front lip and paint the engine cover and brake/battery covers.
holy moly, that is a pretty dang good deal! Seriously, most shops charge over $275 JUST for a quality repaint of a bumper!

I'll have to check ProjectAlpha's shop out....have never found a Bay Area paint/body shop that I'm willing to trust or have been satisfied with. Only shops I've liked and used for custom work are in SoCal.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:09 PM
mgl

Originally posted by Shift33
Any pics of the shaved emblem yet Michelle? Sorry for infultrating on this post 2004z.

i'll take pics tomorrow. gonna go to vincent's to get clear-bra'd. i'm praying for rock-less drive there.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:14 AM
ProjectAlpha

Originally posted by Trustd_1
holy moly, that is a pretty dang good deal! Seriously, most shops charge over $275 JUST for a quality repaint of a bumper!

I'll have to check ProjectAlpha's shop out....have never found a Bay Area paint/body shop that I'm willing to trust or have been satisfied with. Only shops I've liked and used for custom work are in SoCal.
Consider that my boss gives out good deals on cash jobs ONLY because he thinks the guys I refer are my friends. Just check out my teams website and you can see the work weve done. Im pretty skeptical about shops in Socal, I dont know if you guys ever heard of Sunny Stylings but he did a few cars on my team and after inspecting the cars here at my shop, he did a crap job, lot of bondo, overspary everywhere, etc. He does unbelievable carbon fiber work but his refinishing and body work isnt so great.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Trustd_1

Originally posted by ProjectAlpha
Consider that my boss gives out good deals on cash jobs ONLY because he thinks the guys I refer are my friends. Just check out my teams website and you can see the work weve done.

Im pretty skeptical about shops in Socal....
Always good to have a hook-up (homeboy discount)....thanks for offering it up to everyone! btw, i did check out your team's website, and the jobs/cars look pretty clean from the few pics I glanced over.

As for SoCal shops, I'm sure even the best shops (anywhere) have off days and do shoddy jobs occasionally. It's not that I don't think all N. Cal shops are bad or that there isn't a single one that can do good work. I've just been around the car/modding scene for a while and SoCal seems to have a better group (READ: more easily sourced out) of shops to choose from. Then again, that pretty much goes for everything....housing, jobs, clothes, HUNNIES ......because it's simply a bigger market down there.

I've personally used 20/20 AutobodyTech in the City of Industry, which probably most of you have heard about before. They are PRICEY, but IMO, worth it if top notch work & quality is what you're after. There's also PJ Bonifacio, Auto Explosion, Reflections, and the new kid on the block, MobWorks. I haven't used any of the latter shops but have acquaintances that have. Their work is very good too.

It's best to check out ANY shop you're considering using BEFORE you commit to having work done. Even a stellar reputation and/or personal recommendations don't guarantee anything, but having those things does offer some peace of mind.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:55 AM
ProjectAlpha

Always good to have a hook-up (homeboy discount)....thanks for offering it up to everyone! btw, i did check out your team's website, and the jobs/cars look pretty clean from the few pics I glanced over.

As for SoCal shops, I'm sure even the best shops (anywhere) have off days and do shoddy jobs occasionally. It's not that I don't think all N. Cal shops are bad or that there isn't a single one that can do good work. I've just been around the car/modding scene for a while and SoCal seems to have a better group (READ: more easily sourced out) of shops to choose from. Then again, that pretty much goes for everything....housing, jobs, clothes, HUNNIES ......because it's simply a bigger market down there.

I've personally used 20/20 AutobodyTech in the City of Industry, which probably most of you have heard about before. They are PRICEY, but IMO, worth it if top notch work & quality is what you're after. There's also PJ Bonifacio, Auto Explosion,
Reflections, and the new kid on the block, MobWorks. I haven't used any of the latter shops but have acquaintances that have. Their work is very good too.

It's best to check out ANY shop you're considering using BEFORE you commit to having work done. Even a stellar reputation and/or personal recommendations don't guarantee anything, but having those things does offer some peace of mind.
Youre definitely right. Ive heard of all those shops and they do excellent work. Its so worth to pay a little more and get it done right and correctly. You also have to understand that the auto industry is much bigger in Socal, so is the import scene. Most of the shops in Norcal purely base their income on insurance work where as in Socal has a higher demand to do custom work, plus, people down there have the money for it.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Trustd_1

Youre definitely right. Ive heard of all those shops and they do excellent work. Its so worth to pay a little more and get it done right and correctly. You also have to understand that the auto industry is much bigger in Socal, so is the import scene. Most of the shops in Norcal purely base their income on insurance work where as in Socal has a higher demand to do custom work, plus, people down there have the money for it.
yeah, it definitely is better to man up and spend a little more to have jobs done right the first time around. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few friends learn that the hard way after having to pay to have work (body/paint, performance, & tuning) done several times over. When it comes to spending, I'm a little inconsistent. I'll be hella cheap on small knick-knacks but blow crazy $$$ on big things. Pretty backward, but as mentioned, I've discovered that you really do get what you pay for....esp. when it comes to cars & modding them.

oh, and good points on the reasons for the differences in pricing between N. Cal & S. Cal shops. I was trying to allude to same aspects (more demand for custom work in SoCal & it being, arguably, the biggest car culture region in the World) in my previous reply. SoCal people do have more $$$ for hobbies, like cars, because of the region's lower cost of living. But believe me, A LOT of those people are just "hood rich"---BLINGING on credit & balling out of control. Image is everything down there!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:37 AM
ProjectAlpha

yeah, it definitely is better to man up and spend a little more to have jobs done right the first time around. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few friends learn that the hard way after having to pay to have work (body/paint, performance, & tuning) done several times over. When it comes to spending, I'm a little inconsistent. I'll be hella cheap on small knick-knacks but blow crazy $$$ on big things. Pretty backward, but as mentioned, I've discovered that you really do get what you pay for....esp. when it comes to cars & modding them.

oh, and good points on the reasons for the differences in pricing between N. Cal & S. Cal shops. I was trying to allude to same aspects (more demand for custom work in SoCal & it being, arguably, the biggest car culture region in the World) in my previous reply. SoCal people do have more $$$ for hobbies, like cars, because of the region's lower cost of living. But believe me, A LOT of those people are just "hood rich"---BLINGING on credit & balling out of control. Image is everything down there!
I couldnt have put it better myself. Sadly I am one of the many victims of wasting money modding my car. When I first got my Celica, I wasted sooo much $$. Went through 2 sets of rims, Konig to Racing Hart, 2 suspensions, GC's to Teins, countless bodykits then finally switched over to a urethane body kit. You get the point. Now that I have a Z, Im leaving it bone stock until I have funds and know exactly what I want to do to it.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Dolfan13

How much would you charge to repaint front bumper fix license plate holes and install and paint veiside ver 1 frontlip......
Old 03-24-2004, 11:21 AM
ProjectAlpha

Whats wrong with the license plate holes.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Dolfan13

These holes were drilled in the front bumper for the license holder I was just wondering if its not too expensive if I can get them filled and repainted. If it costs to much then I'll just leave the front plate on....
Old 03-24-2004, 03:28 PM
mgl

Default henry (shift33):

heres a pic:
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with a silverstone who has had body work/paint done?-shaved-em.jpg  
Old 03-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Trustd_1

mgl,

ww, looks like they did a really good job! Your ride is sweet!

Only thing is......you know that front plate mod is illegal, right?? Not trying to be a jerk, but I have acquaintances in law enforcement and asked about doing that sort of thing before. Plus, I've heard of others getting cited for doing similar things---drilling airflow holes & trimming the borders (from metermaids while their rides were parked too!) Just FYI, and be careful! all cities & municipalities need $$$ baaaaaad thesed days!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:07 PM
mgl

mgl,

ww, looks like they did a really good job! Your ride is sweet!

Only thing is......you know that front plate mod is illegal, right?? Not trying to be a jerk, but I have acquaintances in law enforcement and asked about doing that sort of thing before. Plus, I've heard of others getting cited for doing similar things---drilling airflow holes & trimming the borders (from metermaids while their rides were parked too!) Just FYI, and be careful! all cities & municipalities need $$$ baaaaaad thesed days!

thanks......
yeah i know the plate is still illegal. i figure something is better than nothing. plus i cut my bumper for that plate to fit.... so i'm kinda stuck with it.
its all good tho.... my bro-in-law is a cop.... so the fix-it tixs aren't a big deal.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:28 PM
ProjectAlpha

Default Re: henry (shift33):

Originally posted by mgl
heres a pic:
Hey what kind of rims are those?
Old 03-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Trustd_1

Default Re: Re: henry (shift33):

Hey what kind of rims are those?
looks like 19" RAYS G-games in black??
Old 03-25-2004, 06:27 PM
mgl

actually they are gunmetal.... but with all the brake dust they mind as well be black
Old 03-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Trustd_1

Originally posted by mgl
actually they are gunmetal.... but with all the brake dust they mind as well be black
Oops, my bad....I thought it was weird cuz I didn't think G-games come in black! Actually, I was just mentioning to Z33RIE how clean your ride looks but that it would be even better if the wheels were gunmetal.

Weird cuz my gm VOLKS always look lighter and almost silver in pics. Oh well, sweet ride....take car of that baby!