Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone with a silverstone who has had body work/paint done?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 01:17 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with a silverstone who has had body work/paint done?

Ok, I've had my Veilside front lip sitting in my garage for the past 3 months. Part of me was too lazy to get it painted the other part didn't wanna install it during the rainy season (and get a bunch of rock chips).

Anywho, now that's it's nice and sunny, it's about time I put the damn thing on! So, have any of you SS owners had body work done?

The reason I'm asking SS owners specifically is that I've seen a few paint jobs and the paint match wasn't as good as I had hoped. I know it won't be perfect, but I'm hoping to get as close as possible.

I don't want to be the first SS a shop works on, so I'm asking you guys.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:36 PM
KarmaMag

I'm actually getting my car re-paint tomorrow. The body shop will scan my car and they said the paint will be a perfect match.
If you want to get your part paint, let me know. Maybe we can get them painted together. Or you can wait to see howmy car is first, then paint yours.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:40 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the body shop is reputable and they know the code and car model then you should be fine.

I feel you though, When I first got my V1 on my Silverstone I thought it was off color too! But with close inspection it was the same exact shade with the right amount of metallic flake in it.

Silverstone is one of those colors where even though the surfaces on different parts of the car are slightly at a different angle of light...it will look totally off. I've had people ask me while I had my car parked in the shade if "the hood was painted darker than the rest of the car" My hood was completely OEM but as I drove it out of the shade the colors matched up again.

I've had people ask me what color my Z was under different lightings: Maroon, silver, light blue, grey, purple...you name it. I thought I was colorblind!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:59 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

KarmaMag, are you getting your entire car painted or just your kit? I met you at the Santa Cruz meet, so I know you have a Nismo kit on.

I doubt I will be able to make it tomorrow since I have work, but where and when are you getting it done?

If it turns out well, would you mind if I stopped by to take a look at your car?
Old 03-17-2004, 07:26 PM
mgl

i got my lip painted at Image Autobody in south san francisco. i think its a pretty close match. i just got my bumper back from them as well. it all looks ok to me.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:29 AM
kosta157

speaking of color match i need to take my ss roadster in on monday to get a dent worked out (got hit in a parking lot) are most good body shops able to get the color match right? but i will let you know how it turns out.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

Originally posted by kosta157
speaking of color match i need to take my ss roadster in on monday to get a dent worked out (got hit in a parking lot) are most good body shops able to get the color match right? but i will let you know how it turns out.
kosta... i was drivin by your store & noticed the big dent on yer ZR... looks bad... hope it all works out.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:26 PM
ProjectAlpha

Hey people, I work at a body shop and our color matching in superb. We use DuPont refinishing products but will be switching over to Spies-Heckler sometime in the next few weeks. If you want to see some of our work check out the cars on www.teamprojectalpha.com We did just about all the cars on there.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:37 PM
ProjectAlpha

To be more specific, check the roster and these are the cars we worked on:

Andy Kim - (Thats me!) Kaminari urethane body kit, Rod Millen 3 piece CF wing, Wings West rear valence, paint and install. The front bumper I actually painted myself.

Casey Fong - CUSTOM JOB. CWest front bumper and side skirts for IS300 custom fitted to a 98 Accord cpe. Custom fender flares, and the paint job.

Jae Jung - JT Autostyle fiberglass kit, whole car was painted by our shop including door jambs, he has a new bumper(same one) now with the side gills shaved.

Karl Zaleski - JDM ITR convserion, Mugen front cover, whole car painted Championship white, door moulding removed.

Ray Kim - Doesnt have an updated pic, but current, Wings West add on body kit with stock F&R rear bumpers, whole car was painted by our shop including door jambs. Painted 2003 BMW M3 red. Door moulding removed.

Simeon Dacumos - CWest N1 body kit painted and installed by my shop.

Tom Gai - J's bumoer, Feels sides and rear, Cwest eyebrows, painted and installed by my shop. He has 04 headlights now.

Thats the gist of it!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:40 PM
ProjectAlpha

Originally posted by ProjectAlpha
To be more specific, check the roster and these are the cars we worked on:

Andy Kim - (Thats me!) Kaminari urethane body kit, Rod Millen 3 piece CF wing, Wings West rear valence, paint and install. The front bumper I actually painted myself.

Casey Fong - CUSTOM JOB. CWest front bumper and side skirts for IS300 custom fitted to a 98 Accord cpe. Custom fender flares, and the paint job.

Jae Jung - JT Autostyle fiberglass kit, whole car was painted by our shop including door jambs, he has a new bumper(same one) now with the side gills shaved.

Karl Zaleski - JDM ITR convserion, Mugen front cover, whole car painted Championship white, door moulding removed.

Ray Kim - Doesnt have an updated pic, but current, Wings West add on body kit with stock F&R rear bumpers, whole car was painted by our shop including door jambs. Painted 2003 BMW M3 red. Door moulding removed.

Simeon Dacumos - CWest N1 body kit painted and installed by my shop.

Tom Gai - J's bumoer, Feels sides and rear, Cwest eyebrows, painted and installed by my shop. He has 04 headlights now.

We also have an 03 Suzuki GSXR 600 and 03 Yamaha R6 on our team that we did some paint on the fairings.

Thats the gist of it!
Old 03-19-2004, 02:40 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

ProjectAlpha, can you give me any contact info to your shop? I'd like to come by and get an estimate. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2004, 08:08 AM
ProjectAlpha

Originally posted by 2004z
ProjectAlpha, can you give me any contact info to your shop? I'd like to come by and get an estimate. Thanks!
What do you need?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:39 AM
Dolfan13

PROJECT ALPHA :
I AM ALSO GETTING THE VEILSIDE VERSION 1 AND NEED IT PAINTED AND INSTALLED....CAN'T FIND YOUR ADDRESS I LIVE IN THE EAST BAY......THANKS
Old 03-22-2004, 09:36 AM
ProjectAlpha

The shop I work at is in downtown SF. If you have any inquiries just leave a post here or give me a PM about what you need and if you want it installed or not.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:56 AM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

I've got a Veilside version 1 front lip and sideskirts. Looking to get it painted only.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Dolfan13

Veilside Ver 1 front lip....installed and painted Silverstone...

1.) Need pricing?
2.) How long will it take?
3.) How soon can you do it?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Shift33

Hey Michelle . . . how much did it cost you to repaint your front bumper? Vince was telling me you were getting that done and the front shaved.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:04 PM
mgl

Originally posted by Shift33
Hey Michelle . . . how much did it cost you to repaint your front bumper? Vince was telling me you were getting that done and the front shaved.
i was first quoted $250 to shave and repaint. but it went up to $275 cuz i wanted to repaint the front lip and paint the engine cover and brake/battery covers.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:23 AM
ProjectAlpha

To prep/paint and install the front lip will be 225. For prep/paint on front lip and side skirts 300. Can be done as soon as you bring it in.

Last edited by ProjectAlpha; 03-23-2004 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:42 AM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

ProjectAlpha, I'm looking to do this ASAP. Can you give me any info? Address? Phone #?

PM me or post here. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Anyone with a silverstone who has had body work/paint done?