Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Insurance Payments

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Z-INCOGNITO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Payments

Sup Everyone...

I was reading some threads on insurance payments in the main forums, and im cosidering switching insurance company (long story)... i was wondering what you guys were paying & can anyone refer me? Im currently with Infinity Insurance & i am paying $170/month (with 2 points), but starting this month, i will only have 1 point on my record so that should make it cheaper... any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
Old 04-03-2004, 11:30 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pay $95/month with 21st Century. 0 points. That's with good driver and multi car discount.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:58 PM
bz8

$hit, I'm paying $3,600/year with 2 points. You should be happy with $170/month. I don't think you can find anyone cheaper.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:02 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Hmm... I'm paying on average $160/mo with 0 points, 12 yrs driving experience, good driver & anti-theft discount... it must be the area that I live in or something. I'm with 21st also, but I have my beater with AAA. I'm not married yet... that must be it b/c Jason and I are only 1 year apart in age but he pays almost half what I do
Old 04-04-2004, 06:35 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

Thanks Jas & Brian... i will try 21st & see what i can get... i am also makin an appointment with Mercury & State Farm...

Originally posted by bz8
$hit, I'm paying $3,600/year with 2 points. You should be happy with $170/month. I don't think you can find anyone cheaper.
Are u forreal Tony? that's $300/month... who are u with? thats kinda steep, but then again, it all depends on the coverage you have... but still.

you must be ballin'

Last edited by Z-INCOGNITO; 04-04-2004 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:57 AM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't recommend Mercury- I had them a number of years ago. Some old guy pulled out in front of me when I had right of way- I ended up hitting the brakes and swerving and missed his car by about a foot. Ended up taking my car over a curb (the old dude drove away). The accident ended up being my fault since I never struck the guys car (lesson learned).
When my car was at the shop Mercury tried to "hard ball" me and not pay for a good portion of the damage. It took me numerous hours of constant bickering to get them to pay for most of the damage and repair. Once the work was done I immediately canceled them.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Z33RIE

Hey Henry, just thought i'd give ya my 2 cents on this thread too... well, just to give you an idea... i'm under 25, clean record (finally!)again... lots & lots of coverage for my baby and it's $1440 a year, so that's about $120 a month when you break it down... since it was supposed to go down in a few months when i renew it, but had my minor accident in dec, i guess it'll just stay the same oh well, but ya... hope you all are well & take care!!!

~Rie
Old 04-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Z-INCOGNITO

Jas: Thanks for the heads up with Mercury. I was with Mercury also (under my older bro's name) with my Civic, but when i got my second point, the premium went up... so when i got the Z, i went separately & had to go with the high payment... I had no problems with them (although the one time i got hit, it was the other drivers fault)... but i appreciate the insight...

Rie: How have u been? goos, i hope?anyways, yeah $120/month would be cool with me... but with 1 point, i might not be so lucky... which company are u with again? Thanks
Old 04-04-2004, 07:35 PM
orionflyer20

Hey guys,
Just to give you a comparison, I am in the military and have my insurance through USAA. They are a military affiliated financial bank. I just ordered my 350ZR Touring MT and received my insurance quote. $402 for 6 months. That is with a multiple car discount, 0 points, and I am 30 yrs old.

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure you will not be able to get insurance through them unless you are military, but you can check usaa.com just in case.

-L8R
Old 04-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default $580 / 6 months here...

good driver, multi-car, home, and preferred customer (something to do with being with them for so many years).....0 points and 0 accidents in the past 8 years.....

Oh Farmers insurance by the way!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 09:50 PM
ZilvahZ

$128/month. AAA, 2001 Pathfinder and the Z. I also have the house, boat, and an umbrella policy with them too. All with a pending point (G-r-r-r) I'm gonna beg for Traffic School...(A-h-h-h-h)
Old 04-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Balls

I know this doesn't help... but I have to say that I can only dream to pay that little for insurance...

ITR + yellow paint = Cop magnet.... (anyone else ever get pulled over 5 times in two months? only cited twice. oh.)

I don't know why I'm boasting... it's not something I'm proud of. I guess it's the fact that come this august... things should finally get back to normal. I can't wait.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Balls

btw... I have a friend who had an ITR also... when his got stolen (don't they all?) he got a nice settlement from mercury.... but they took they're sweet time verifying its theft. I think he didn't get the check for like six months.... rediculous... I've only had one insurance agent (w/farmers) my whole life and she's been great... so I have no real experiences to share... but it sure sounds like mercury is rat poop.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:22 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by *****
I know this doesn't help... but I have to say that I can only dream to pay that little for insurance...

ITR + yellow paint = Cop magnet.... (anyone else ever get pulled over 5 times in two months? only cited twice. oh.)

I don't know why I'm boasting... it's not something I'm proud of. I guess it's the fact that come this august... things should finally get back to normal. I can't wait.
Hey *****, I've never met you yet, but do you own a Z? I always thought that you did... from what I've read on this board...
Old 04-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Balls

wha wha?!?
why hath thou forsaken me?

hehe..... yeah i have a white z... it replaced my stolen ITR. I met someone today that told me I should wash my car. I guess when strangers tell you that you need to wash your car.... well yeah.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:48 PM
longbowe

$125/mo here, with 3 points (1 of which got issued just after I renewed with 21st), another 2 pending (the 52-in-35 + illegal change-of-lane), 1 car (just Icy Z), 1 driver (28). I should be thankful.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:06 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

wha wha?!?

hehe..... yeah i have a white z... it replaced my stolen ITR. I met someone today that told me I should wash my car. I guess when strangers tell you that you need to wash your car.... well yeah.
LOL, sorry for the confusion bro... it's also good to hear someone else that has a dirty car, makes me feel better somehow

Originally posted by longbowe
$125/mo here, with 3 points (1 of which got issued just after I renewed with 21st),
Well, that confirms it. My rates are what they are b/c of my location... yet Bruce is another person with 21st that pays less than me. And I have 0 points. This sucks. I'm going to join Allstate when my 21st policy ends in May... going under my g/f's policy which should improve my rates and her's as well. Gonna pull in the Civ under Allstate as well.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:39 PM
mgl

wha wha?!?

don't tell me you haven't washed your car since that track day back in january??!!!?! i saw your car at that j-town meet (when we all almost died from carbon monoxide poisoning) and your rims already looked gunmetal at that time, they must be straight up black by now!
Old 04-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Balls

Originally posted by mgl
don't tell me you haven't washed your car since that track day back in january??!!!?! i saw your car at that j-town meet (when we all almost died from carbon monoxide poisoning) and your rims already looked gunmetal at that time, they must be straight up black by now!
hahah...
actually... i haven't washed the car since that track day in december...
It's so dirty it's shed a tear in frustration...
Attached Thumbnails Insurance Payments-dsc01978.jpg  
Old 04-05-2004, 01:25 AM
monkey7

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try electric insurance, I had them awhile back (5yrs ago) and had great coverage for an inexpensive price on another car. 100/300, 100,000 property damage etc. for like 700 bucks a year.

Now I have geico, they are pretty quick in claims and service. 3 cars about 1300 a yr.

Stay away from mercury, the service is uncanny. Lousy as dead grass.

*****: wash your car so she won't cry anymore.

Quick Reply: Insurance Payments