Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

NorCal 350Z Logo Ideas... please add on...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:57 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by fowlman01
I think you can do your design with just two colors unless I am missing something. Red and black on a white shirt. the various shades of gray/silver can be produced by changing screen values with the black.
Cool if that works... I really do want to keep the colors intact if at all possible... your premise would keep us at two colors with the two grays (or silvers) being a mix like you said...

I sure hope that works... and I agree with *****. Black shirts would be pretty darn catchy provided that costs don't inflate too heavily by requesting such.

And sweatshirts, hoodies like Henry suggested... why not? The only thing is that we should probably commit to at least 20 if we do go with articles other than t-shirts. I don't foresee the t-shirt demands falling below 30 (with our BA group being enthusiastic as it is)... I know that I'd pickup three or so for my self at an average cost of $15/shirt.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Z-INCOGNITO

here's a sample of what it would look like...

Old 04-27-2004, 10:14 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

I changed the image's border to be more visibly gray/silver around the black circle. For information's sake, the image was designed at about 5.6"x5.6" at 300 DPI... not in vector format.
Attached Thumbnails NorCal 350Z Logo Ideas... please add on...-norcalzlogo_05.jpg  
Old 04-28-2004, 05:51 AM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is to go on a black shirt it then becomes necessary to use three colors (white, black and red) Possibly could get by with two (white and red) I still don't think it is a big deal, since the design is pretty simple to register. (no tiny detail or traps). It will look best on a black shirt.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:45 AM
Balls

Originally posted by Z-INCOGNITO
Whoa... that looks a lot better than I imagined it...
Old 04-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Sybertron

What if the GGB was behind the Z logo?
Make the GGB slightly larger in the background.

My eye firsts sees the "Z" with a red blur in the front.
The Z is the dominante image, and it looks like the bridge is floating in front of it.
If the Bridge was also slightly transparent, or faded into the black background, it would look a little cleaner, and less busy.

Other than that little tidbit, I likes it.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:28 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Sybertron
What if the GGB was behind the Z logo?
Make the GGB slightly larger in the background.

My eye firsts sees the "Z" with a red blur in the front.
The Z is the dominante image, and it looks like the bridge is floating in front of it.
If the Bridge was also slightly transparent, or faded into the black background, it would look a little cleaner, and less busy.

Other than that little tidbit, I likes it.

I tried the Z logo in front of the bridge, but then the GGB was difficult to distinguish... at least immediately.

I'll put your suggestions together when I get home so you can see how it looks.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:06 PM
LOU

The idea is great. Something isn't exactly right though... hmmm, maybe a bigger bridge behind the Z logo. I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe smaller and on top of the Z... just don't know
Old 04-28-2004, 09:22 PM
mgl

Originally posted by Z-INCOGNITO

that looks ok. but i wouldn't want 2 of the same images on both the front and back. i say only the front or the back. unless we can use a different image for the front and use brian's design for the back. but then again 2 diffent images would probably cost more.

and i'm still waiting on my friend to get the info on the shirt prices.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:07 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by LouZer
The idea is great. Something isn't exactly right though... hmmm, maybe a bigger bridge behind the Z logo. I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe smaller and on top of the Z... just don't know
I actually like how it is for the fact that the Z emblem (on the sides of the car) is retained in the design with a dash of the GGB in the mix. The Z is unmistakeable so, the GGB isn't obstructing the view, per se... IMO. Provide a suggestion and I'll put it to work though.

Sybertron, I'm not quite diggin' it, but here is what I think you're trying to tell me...
Attached Thumbnails NorCal 350Z Logo Ideas... please add on...-norcalzlogo_06.jpg  
Old 04-29-2004, 05:51 AM
fowlman01

Originally posted by yobri
I actually like how it is for the fact that the Z emblem (on the sides of the car) is retained in the design with a dash of the GGB in the mix. The Z is unmistakeable so, the GGB isn't obstructing the view, per se... IMO. Provide a suggestion and I'll put it to work though.

Sybertron, I'm not quite diggin' it, but here is what I think you're trying to tell me...
Looks like a mistake that way. The bridge is "light" compared to the Z, so generally the bridge would go over the Z.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:57 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by fowlman01
Looks like a mistake that way. The bridge is "light" compared to the Z, so generally the bridge would go over the Z.
Hey Walt, so are you suggesting to stay with the original as it is, or the original with the bridge lighter?
Old 04-29-2004, 07:11 AM
fowlman01

Hey Walt, so are you suggesting to stay with the original as it is, or the original with the bridge lighter?
I am saying that the bridge should print over the Z as you have it in your avatar. When you print the Z over the bridge it does not look right and from a technical standpoint the lighter image (not in color, but light in appearance) generally goes over the stronger image (the Z).
Feel free to call me if you want more input. I can even check with the Napa ROP program at Vintage High to see if they would print the shirts for us. I think we could get them done fairly inexpensive if they would do them. I would check their quality of course.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:48 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

I like it Yobri Definately on a black shirt, front. polo style
Old 04-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Sybertron

I agree with what you siad... thanks for spending time on it.
I actually like your original, but without the Bridge.
I know the bridge is a symbol of the Bay Area... but maybe simple is better in this case?
On the other hand... the Color of the bridge does make it stand out more.
I'm totally confused now...
Old 04-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

Originally posted by zwindsor
I like it Yobri Definately on a black shirt, front. polo style
I am having someone scan the image into her stitch machine thingamajig... and she'll let me know much it will cost... but i think it will look badass on a black polo pique shirt... (shortsleeve for summer)... since it will be stitched and not printed... i think we'll have to provide the polo and she will charge us the stitching cost only...

I used to work for Eddie Bauer and they have great polo pique shirts... i'll see if i still know anyone there and maybe get some discounts on those shirts...

Last edited by Z-INCOGNITO; 04-29-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:18 AM
fowlman01

It will look a whole lot better stitched rather than silk screened.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:25 PM
LOU

Okay, bridge in background was a bad idea. And yes, stitched would look 100% better.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:34 AM
Yuichi

Talking WOW Nice

I finally decided to check the thread out and you guys have a lot of great ideas.

I think the best way to show our nor cal pride is to make stickers and put them on the 1/4 window of our cars..

That way its simple and cheap and it doesn't cost a whole lot of money.

T-shirts are cool too but I would be willing to help out with the stickers part.

We could even collect a dollar or two from everyone at the mini pocket bike meet. But I definetly think we should talk about it there too

Whacha think and we can do a finally poll vote for final logo design. Hows that sound?

zya
Yuichi
Old 04-30-2004, 07:11 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Default Re: WOW Nice

Originally posted by Yuichi
I think the best way to show our nor cal pride is to make stickers and put them on the 1/4 window of our cars..
I was actually looking into that with my favored design (for myself and those few that may be interested)... something possibly akin to bumper sticker material but in the shape of a circle, per se...

You got a lead into a person (friend) that prints decals Yuichi?

Quick Reply: NorCal 350Z Logo Ideas... please add on...