Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

My 6 car pileup on HWY 24

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Shift33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to pick my own shop but picked Cook's b/c they're pretty high end it seems and have had some friends bring their cars there. I'm a little iffy on if they're able to do the wing given that the sales/admin person didn't know much about mounting the figerglass wing. I can't imagine a pretty high end body shop not able mount it correctly though.

Pretty much the whole car is going to be painted except the top which is nice since I got egged on the door while I was in Socal for the USC vs Cal game. Haters . . .
Old 11-22-2004, 02:30 PM
bz8

Originally posted by Shift33
I was able to pick my own shop but picked Cook's b/c they're pretty high end it seems and have had some friends bring their cars there. I'm a little iffy on if they're able to do the wing given that the sales/admin person didn't know much about mounting the figerglass wing. I can't imagine a pretty high end body shop not able mount it correctly though.

Pretty much the whole car is going to be painted except the top which is nice since I got egged on the door while I was in Socal for the USC vs Cal game. Haters . . .
Good to hear you're doing well.

Cooks is good for do body work, but you should probably look for another shop to do the wing. Ask Michelle(mgl) about where she get her parts painted and installed.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Shift33

You think so about the wing? I was kinda thinking that since they're painting it and clear coating everything again, it would match better.

Should I really be concerned? I haven't even gotta a price on how much it should cost for the paint and install from them.

How much should I be paying for the install? Anyone with an idea please chime in.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:45 PM
bz8

You think so about the wing? I was kinda thinking that since they're painting it and clear coating everything again, it would match better.

Should I really be concerned? I haven't even gotta a price on how much it should cost for the paint and install from them.

How much should I be paying for the install? Anyone with an idea please chime in.
Ask Cooks for a quote first. Ask them some questions to test if the really know how to do aftermarket stuff. If you don't feel comfortable, just have them paint the wing with your car to match and give Chad(KarmaMag) a call to see if he can help/charge you install your wing.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Shift33

Brilliant idea! Why are you so smart Tony . . . yet so crappy in poker(so I've heard)
Old 11-22-2004, 04:55 PM
corsair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah Tony really sucks at poker.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:03 PM
bz8

Brilliant idea! Why are you so smart Tony . . . yet so crappy in poker(so I've heard)
Originally posted by corsair
yeah Tony really sucks at poker.

*******!!