OZOC (Orlando Z Owners Club) Orlando Z Owners Club

Stripped lug nut AND stud on my Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 05:35 AM
JUICE FREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripped lug nut AND stud on my Z

OZOC,

Before I execute any "immediate" action, which would involve taking some plastic explosives and pasting them on the center of my rim, please let me know what brainstorm you can come up with to take on this challenge. I dont know everything, and I know that maybe one of you may provide me with a more effective procedure.

Friday afternoon, while installing my new suspension, ONE of the front-left wheel studs appeared to spin without cycling out of the stud (thanks to RZMotoring lol); apparently, their only protocol was to KEEP GOING until both the lug nut (stripped from the inside) and the wheel stud were stripped from the wheel hub itself.

The lug nut appears to have spun slightly at about 1/2 an inch, leaving the stripped stud dangling in my wheel.

I was thinking of either drilling through the center of the closed-head lug nut or taking out all of the other lug nuts off; seperating the wheel with as much rear gap as possible and turning the steering towards the right, so that I could perhaps fit a thin blade saw in between the rear of the wheel and the wheel hub.

Any ideas...

By the way, anyone who is willing to take on this mission.... "I WILL" compensate you. And yes, that means with green paper lol.

Thanks bro's
Old 10-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Chucky

Wow that sucks. I agree you have to find a way to cut that sucker off. I'm not really sure of the answer of how to accomplish that. I would try your idea of removing the other 4 lug nuts and try and cut the bad one out. Other than that, I really don't know what to tell you. Call RZ and make them come to you and take care of it.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:23 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

to get the lug off you take a socket (the size that will barely not fit onto it) and beat it on with a hammer. Then it should come off easy. As for the stud I'm not sure what your describing. If it's bad/stripped then you have to take the whole assembly apart ant beat it out with a hammer stright out the back as it is pressed in. As you can tell a hammer fixes everything and is my favorite tool.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:47 AM
z33chillin

this happened to me i used a drill and had to drill through the stud till it broke
Old 10-02-2006, 09:45 AM
rich harris

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
to get the lug off you take a socket (the size that will barely not fit onto it) and beat it on with a hammer. Then it should come off easy. As for the stud I'm not sure what your describing. If it's bad/stripped then you have to take the whole assembly apart ant beat it out with a hammer stright out the back as it is pressed in. As you can tell a hammer fixes everything and is my favorite tool.
This set up has worked for me in the past....Good luck