OZOC (Orlando Z Owners Club) Orlando Z Owners Club

''General Ozoc Discussion''

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:45 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeebra
Yes they are... very GayDM lol

I have the Muteki closed ended and they are way more redish.
looks like I'll be trying to sell them to get the mutekis...sigh
Old 02-19-2009, 05:47 AM
nosurf2day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So get this, i put blue painters tape on my car to protect the paint on my way up there. Everything worked out fine. When I was there it rained. I had to pull the tape off and redo it. Well I was impatient and started ripping it off.

Ouch, what a mistake. Where the turbine is, I guess it softens up the paint, and when I pulled real fast it pulled up a 1" wide x 6" strip of clear. I was PISSED, MAN WAS I PISSED, I YELLED OUT F**K :icon2 8:

I know that I still need to get the car retouched up before I move to hawaii, but GD! Did this have to happen, I thought the painters tape was supposed to take care of my car not hurt it.

Well as far as the rest of the car. I ended up having to put in a knock amp for the fcon. They had to rewire and reroute alot of stuff because of the shoddy install by AJ. The screen was installed right above my shifter, it looks sweet.

They did say that my tune was one of the cleanest turbonetics FCON tunes he has ever seen, thanks to jeremy, the shop did that part right. The only thing that needed to be adjusted was that I was running a little lean on the powerband from the new exhaust. The numbers overall didn't change however. They pointed out to me that one of my fittings for the oil return line is rubbing on the frame and wearing away. I need to adjust the turbine and get a new fitting. I just have to figure out how I am going to fix this. I also have to replace my coolant hose that goes from the top to the bottom. It was leaning against my turbine exhaust piping and almost wore a hole into it. That would have been VERY BAD. Thankfully I already have the hose.

The car sounded great, runs even better, I was getting 23mpg on my way back from ATL that was a change from 17mpg on my way up.

All in all, Forge treated me great. Their customer service was outstanding. I will make a trip up there again anytime to get my car worked on. It was a fun drive. Just make lots of stops to break up the monotony. Oh, the bride lomax seat. It handled fantastic. I was wondering if I would have drivers fatigue. NOPE. I felt great at the end of the trip.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
nickZ33

ask chris about painters tape, paint, and front bumpers. tip to everyone: USE VASOLINE itll help prevent rock chips and it wont destroy your paint
Old 02-20-2009, 05:51 AM
Zeebra

I also heard plastic wrap and just tape it down...
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 AM
rich harris

Originally Posted by Zeebra
I also heard plastic wrap and just tape it down...
not good either it gets loose and ur intake will suck it up///
Old 02-20-2009, 06:52 AM
rich harris

Originally Posted by nosurf2day
So get this, i put blue painters tape on my car to protect the paint on my way up there. Everything worked out fine. When I was there it rained. I had to pull the tape off and redo it. Well I was impatient and started ripping it off.

Ouch, what a mistake. Where the turbine is, I guess it softens up the paint, and when I pulled real fast it pulled up a 1" wide x 6" strip of clear. I was PISSED, MAN WAS I PISSED, I YELLED OUT F**K :icon2 8:

I know that I still need to get the car retouched up before I move to hawaii, but GD! Did this have to happen, I thought the painters tape was supposed to take care of my car not hurt it.

Well as far as the rest of the car. I ended up having to put in a knock amp for the fcon. They had to rewire and reroute alot of stuff because of the shoddy install by AJ. The screen was installed right above my shifter, it looks sweet.

They did say that my tune was one of the cleanest turbonetics FCON tunes he has ever seen, thanks to jeremy, the shop did that part right. The only thing that needed to be adjusted was that I was running a little lean on the powerband from the new exhaust. The numbers overall didn't change however. They pointed out to me that one of my fittings for the oil return line is rubbing on the frame and wearing away. I need to adjust the turbine and get a new fitting. I just have to figure out how I am going to fix this. I also have to replace my coolant hose that goes from the top to the bottom. It was leaning against my turbine exhaust piping and almost wore a hole into it. That would have been VERY BAD. Thankfully I already have the hose.

The car sounded great, runs even better, I was getting 23mpg on my way back from ATL that was a change from 17mpg on my way up.

All in all, Forge treated me great. Their customer service was outstanding. I will make a trip up there again anytime to get my car worked on. It was a fun drive. Just make lots of stops to break up the monotony. Oh, the bride lomax seat. It handled fantastic. I was wondering if I would have drivers fatigue. NOPE. I felt great at the end of the trip.
I've been waiting to here from you, sorry to here bout ur front bumper, on a trip like that, for that long of a drive ur lucky that's all that happen... I would have recomemended u tow it, u have a truck all u had to do was rent a u-hall.

Congrats on ur success with "FORGE" I here that Sheriff and his shop strives on custom satisfaction. I always say "do it, but do it right" it some how cost less in the long run, money well spent...
Old 02-20-2009, 10:15 AM
zerafian

anyone know someone that can roll fenders that actually has the tool to do it and is cheaper then $90 a fender?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 PM
1GUNV

Wait I missed it, so you apply the vasoline right on the bumper.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Villa67

Hey guys, I'm missing the stock front bumper's marker/reflectors. If any of you have some that don't need and want to sell/donate (lol) please let me know.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
1GUNV

msg NuGenZBoss(Nick) he has some.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:14 PM
zerafian

Just letting you guys know before I post pics and sell on craigslist and the for sale section.

I have 2 sets of 25mm Ichiba V2 spacers that are brand new just sitting in my room. Apparently using 275 tires in the rear and 245 up front doesnt give enough room to install them. They were put on but taken off like 30 minutes later since the tire wouldnt fit under the car :/

$200, let me know if ya wants

guess the good news is if these sell I'll be gettin my JDM tails

Oh I saw you Nick...thats right.... peekin' yo head over your tinted windows, sitting at the light, waiting to turn onto forsyth today

Last edited by zerafian; 02-20-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
J350z101

Originally Posted by zerafian
Just letting you guys know before I post pics and sell on craigslist and the for sale section.

I have 2 sets of 25mm Ichiba V2 spacers that are brand new just sitting in my room. Apparently using 275 tires in the rear and 245 up front doesnt give enough room to install them. They were put on but taken off like 30 minutes later since the tire wouldnt fit under the car :/

$200, let me know if ya wants

Oh I saw you Nick...thats right.... peekin' yo head over your tinted windows, sitting at the light, waiting to turn onto forsyth today
So I couldnt use these with my wheels which are 38+ all around?

My tires are toyo's t1r's 275/35 in the back and 245/35 in the front.. 19's
Old 02-20-2009, 04:47 PM
zerafian

^^To be honest Im not really sure...I have the 275/40/18 rear and 245/45/18 front. I have quite a bit of tire poking out. Im not against meeting, jacking your car up and seeing if they fit....My car is also lowered about 1.3" all around which is a factor.

edit: if your in the orlando area

Last edited by zerafian; 02-20-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:51 PM
J350z101

yah.. im in orlando.. I cant do it tommorrow because im tied up with the wifey but Sunday I could def. meet you or anytime/day after that.. Anyday of the week im free up until 7pm... so anytime we could do that and see ;]
Old 02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
zerafian

Originally Posted by J350z101
yah.. im in orlando.. I cant do it tommorrow because im tied up with the wifey but Sunday I could def. meet you or anytime/day after that.. Anyday of the week im free up until 7pm... so anytime we could do that and see ;]
Im gonna sleep my *** in on sunday but hows around 2pm. You know where redbug park is?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 PM
J350z101

yah i use to play ball at redbug all the time.. use to live right there off 436 in Indian Hills.. across form the old win dixie/don pablos etc... about a 40min drive but we can do that
Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 PM
J350z101

Idk why because hopefully I will be buying new wheels pretty effin soon if everything goes right.. But I plan on keeping my current wheels and just painting them and going a lil diff with them.. So spacers would be nice.. But yah.. 2pm on sunday.. Ill shoot you a pm to work out tha details
Old 02-20-2009, 05:35 PM
zerafian

The interested in my spacers has inspired me

Brand new, quote on quote RED Work Lug nuts are also just chilling in my car at the moment. They arent as "blood red" colored as I wanted them so I'd like to get rid of them locally if anyone is interested. Im just lazy and dont want to send back for a refund. If worst comes to worst I will though

$115...I got um for $150 so maybe that will bait someone..I sell cheap to you

oh and I only post in here because I dont have a camera to take pics for the sale forum sections.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Villa67

Originally Posted by 1GUNV
msg NuGenZBoss(Nick) he has some.
Thanks!
Old 02-21-2009, 07:29 AM
projektZ

Originally Posted by Villa67
Hey guys, I'm missing the stock front bumper's marker/reflectors. If any of you have some that don't need and want to sell/donate (lol) please let me know.
this is for my bumper right? lol I took them off and lost them somewhere in the garage. If I ever find them I'll let you know!

Quick Reply: ''General Ozoc Discussion''