Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Technosquare ECU Flash in Hawaii!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:40 PM
XLR8SN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Technosquare ECU Flash in Hawaii!!

The group at Vakamon MotorSports (formally known as Speed Gear) might be bringing in Tadashi from Technosquare to provide ECU reflashes to G35 and 350Z owners. The only catch is that, they need to have a count on who is seriously actually interested and want to have this done.

The target timeframe will be based on the interest levels. They were looking to have him come down as early as August.

Cost is same as what is posted on the Technosquare's website of $595.00. This includes:

2 hours of road tuning
ECU reflash customized to owners setup and also to his/hers personal preference

RPM's can be raised to 7100RPM's, throttle position sensors changed, and other ECU controlled issues can be addressed and/or eliminated.

A $100 deposit will be needed to be dropped off at the shop. The car can not have a piggyback engine/fuel management system on it as well.

Having Tadashi come here to Hawaii means that your car will not be down while your ECU is being reflashed and shipped back and forth. All interested please contact the employees at Vakamon MotorSports. Heres the info:

Vakamon Motorsports
733 Auahi Street
Honolulu, Hi 96813
(PH) 808-593-1303 (FX) 808-593-8400
Mon - Fri 9:30am - 7pm
Sat 10:00am - 5pm
Sun Closed

Thanks-XLR8SN
Old 07-29-2005, 01:58 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn...wish I had known that a week ago...I might have put off the body/paint work on my front and rear bumpers. then I could've bought a plenum and test pipes and done the ECU reflash...oh well. sounds like a great deal though...is it ok to tell other Z/G owners?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:16 PM
XLR8SN

By all means let them know. The more people that are willing to drop the deposit off at Vakamon Motorsports, the more likely we will be able to have Tadashi come in to do the work for all of us.

A retune without your car being down. What could be better? Well of course maybe a free set of turbos.

Anyhow, yes, please let them know.

Thanks-
Old 08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
dkmaxitus

Oahu?! NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

i'm on maui so my car would still be down

would it be ok to reflash and then go turbo. or would i have to reflash again after the install?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Dream

Originally Posted by dkmaxitus
Oahu?! NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

i'm on maui so my car would still be down

would it be ok to reflash and then go turbo. or would i have to reflash again after the install?
Nice, another Maui person on the forum. I thought BlueDragonZ and I were the only two
Old 08-01-2005, 08:46 PM
dkmaxitus

cool. i just wrote a fatty reply on the other one about maui
Old 08-02-2005, 01:45 AM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I did confirm it with someone from hypersports and it does sound like its going to happen (given they get enough ppl) so props to XLR8SN on bringing this to everyones attention. damn I wish I had the money...oh well. well to all those who know fellow Z/G owners, spread the word
Old 08-02-2005, 11:02 AM
XLR8SN

Now would I lie to you guys?? I figure that I would give you 350Z owners a chance before we (G35's) reflashed all of our ECU's and then beat you guys. Just kidding...relax out there.

Anyhow, if you are planning to turbo or supercharge the car...then yes you would still need to retune, reflash, replace or get a piggyback to adjust the ECU air/fuel ratios and such. However, it also depends on what you want to do really. For the most part, any mods that are placed on the car, unless you reset the ECU every so often, the ECU will be trying to go back to stock setup, thus making the mods have very little effect in raising the HP levels. According to the owners on the mainland, this reflash cures that issue and maintains the new setup tuning. The biggest bonus is that your car will not be down, it will get a road test, and technically any fesible adjustments that you want done to the ECU can be done at this time. Hell just raising the rev limiter will allow you to stay in the optimal RPM range when shifting at redline.

Any questions talk to the guys at Vakamon MotorSports to get a better understanding on what can and cant be done.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:04 AM
punish_her

Question

any more info on the local reflash? When I spoke with Vokamon 2 weeks ago I asked about the ECU reflash and they had no info for me.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:42 AM
XLR8SN

I believe that it is all based on if they have enough people who actually put down a deposit to warrant Tadashi in coming over to Hawaii. I dont know the answer to that...but you might want to call Allen at Vakamon and inquire. He should know on how that sign up is going....or not going.