Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

tryin to keep it positive...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 01:27 AM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tryin to keep it positive...

sup guys

so a couple weeks ago I was pulling out of a parking lot (in kaneohe along kahuhipa st) and I couldn't see if anyone was coming my way due to an SUV parked along the side of the street. so basically as my nose is farther out in the road than I could see, a guy in a neon speeds by and clips my front end. after a quick gut check I cringe at the thought of inspecting the damage. all I can see is my license plate spinning on end in the street just like in "back to future..." luckily the damage to the front end was minimal...oh and the other driver and my gfriend were ok as well:P it was pretty much limited to a 3 foot long surface scuff. definately not something that you could buff out with scratch remover, but not deep enough that I had to replace the bumper. and since I was gonna have to repaint the front bumper, I figured I'd go ahead get my back bumper repainted (it had some impressions and scuffs on it) as well as treat my Z to a new veilside V1 lip (thanks to dsmal for selling me his extra lip). I think it turned out pretty good and it ended up costing me about $800 for everything. oh and if anyone wants a good place for paint/body work or needs an aftermarket body piece done, give Mike at GX Auto a call...tell him Toby with the orange Z referred you.

the scuff on the front bumper

another view of the scuff

the notorious Z chipped paint

the new lip

another look
Old 08-04-2005, 03:52 PM
XLR8SN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh that sucks big time. Good thing that the damage was not worse though. How the heck did the guy in the Neon not see you coming out? Along that road there are so many parked cars...to speed down there is not the smartest thing to do. More so cause of the housing areas...and I think in my mind....where there are houses....kids are playing.

Anyhow, nice to see that everything is okay now.

Take care and probably see you in the Brians parking lot or around Ward every so often.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:06 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah...I was actually pulling out of a parking lot directly across the street from King Windward Nissan (Kikuya Restaurant). the guy was definately speeding and with my car color I don't see how you can miss me unless your not paying attention, but it really wouldn't have mattered much to the ins companies. I still probably would've been deemed at least 50% at fault which wouldn've have been worth it for me.

have you seen my car at brians? I'm usually there going to the gym, but I don't think I've seen your car. I'm at ward nearly every weekend watching movies... but now I'm starting to get paranoid about where I park and stuff after hearing about the hypersports Z getting stolen. oh well...guess you can't really do anything besides putting on a decent aftermarket alarm.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:34 PM
XLR8SN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen your car at Brians parking lot every so often. Usually we park on the rooftop on the weekdays. I dont want to have to contend with all the cars on the lower levels. Too crowded.

True...either which way the insurance company would attribute 50% at fault on your side because you were entering traffic. At least the damage was not structual though....thats good.

Careful about the alarm issue. That can void the warranty on the power windows. You might need that warranty in the future since there is a known issue with the windows.