Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Test Pipes or High Flow cats

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005 | 12:12 AM
GAaaAR

Default Test Pipes or High Flow cats

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but i was just wondering will Test Pipes pass inspection?? I live in NYC and i remember the last time i had inspection, they just plugged something and see if the computer was firing any codes. So with that being said, i wonder if Test Pipes will pass inspection or not. Also what kind of test pipes or high flow cats yield the most gains?? It would make sense that test pipes should yield more gains then high flow cats, thats why i feel i should go with test pipes, but if anybody feels or knows otherwise, please let me know. Im also lookin for as quiet of a setup as possible, with that in mind, does anybody know whats a good test pipe or high flow cats for me?? I was originally planning to get the crawford high flow cats, but with all this issue about it causing vibrations or rubbing against the heatshield, im beginning to wonder if i should get it or not. Just tryin to see what other options i have and if they would be better for me or not. Again im tryin to look for a combination of quiet and good performance test pipes or high flow cats, any ideas will be deeply appreciated. Thnx.
Old 11-07-2005 | 01:28 AM
Z BOY

can you say search function? i knew that you could.
Old 11-07-2005 | 04:06 AM
jnkirk1974

Originally Posted by GAaaAR
Sorry if this is a newbie question, but i was just wondering will Test Pipes pass inspection?? I live in NYC and i remember the last time i had inspection, they just plugged something and see if the computer was firing any codes. So with that being said, i wonder if Test Pipes will pass inspection or not. Also what kind of test pipes or high flow cats yield the most gains?? It would make sense that test pipes should yield more gains then high flow cats, thats why i feel i should go with test pipes, but if anybody feels or knows otherwise, please let me know. Im also lookin for as quiet of a setup as possible, with that in mind, does anybody know whats a good test pipe or high flow cats for me?? I was originally planning to get the crawford high flow cats, but with all this issue about it causing vibrations or rubbing against the heatshield, im beginning to wonder if i should get it or not. Just tryin to see what other options i have and if they would be better for me or not. Again im tryin to look for a combination of quiet and good performance test pipes or high flow cats, any ideas will be deeply appreciated. Thnx.
If you are worried about an inspection......get high flow cats. Test pipes will not pass a visual inspection. I run Crawford cats and love them.
Old 11-07-2005 | 05:04 AM
Vamos_Rafael

goto a small place like a chinese joint... under the table and make out a deal
use ur brain my brother
Old 11-07-2005 | 05:42 AM
plumpzz

they just scan for codes. if u dont throw a code you pass.. so just make sure you don't get a CEL and ur good
Old 11-07-2005 | 05:44 AM
ayman350z
Banned

test pipes will not pass emissions
Old 11-07-2005 | 07:53 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by plumpzz
they just scan for codes. if u dont throw a code you pass.. so just make sure you don't get a CEL and ur good
There is a visual inspection also.