Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

In Honolulu for two weeks

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:48 PM
dynamic6er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Honolulu for two weeks

Hey everyone! This is Dave Shiroma from Function:TUNED. Many of you may know me as the former General Manager of Altered Atmosphere. I'm staying in Honolulu till the 3rd of Aug. and wanted to check out the Z/G scene here. I know by early next week I'll be bored out of my mind unless I find stuff to do. Any meets going on? What are the recommended places to party? I found Rumors and Zanzabar...not sure though whats the word on those places? I think I'm gonna do the trolley around the island but is there anything that I MUST see? BTW I brought my laptop (forgot my USB adaptor but thats no big deal) so I can help with tuning if anyone needs or just to check your setups or if anyone just needs some help install some parts I'm down. Yes that's right I'm a gearaholic please let me turn some wrenches...lol I scare myself sometimes. And for good measure ALOHA!
Old 07-21-2006, 07:57 PM
dynamic6er

Anyone going to this?

http://www.hawaiieventsonline.com/vi...m_results%3D20
Old 07-21-2006, 09:19 PM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take a flight to the outer islands... Kauai, Maui, or the Big Island. Super Cheap rates, especially now since a new airline called "Go" has jumped in for flights to the outer islands. You will see the true Hawaii. Other Oahu clubs to check out are Pipeline and Ocean Club.

You can also check out the North Shore... always tons a scantily clad babes out there... Or check out the thousands of Korean bars.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Maui is nice if you want some relax enviroment. Just lay at the beach all day and do absolute NOTHING..hehe
Old 07-21-2006, 10:21 PM
VN_350z
Banned

go get some islander chicks man....they are hot.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:23 PM
dynamic6er

Thanks everyone! I've been doing the beach thing but I've got to find some people my own age to hang with. Meeting all the family is good an all (my father's side is from here originally) but the age difference is making it hard to find good stuff to do.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:25 PM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by VN_350z
go get some islander chicks man....they are hot.
Oh yeah I'm all over that! I am loving the Japanese women too, classy, stylish, beautiful. There are so many tan bodies I'm having a hard time deciding which one(s) to chase after...lol...its the exact opposite of DC!
Old 07-22-2006, 11:30 PM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
I would take a flight to the outer islands... Kauai, Maui, or the Big Island. Super Cheap rates, especially now since a new airline called "Go" has jumped in for flights to the outer islands. You will see the true Hawaii. Other Oahu clubs to check out are Pipeline and Ocean Club.

You can also check out the North Shore... always tons a scantily clad babes out there... Or check out the thousands of Korean bars.
Do you have a web address for GO? Korean bars...soju...bad night..worse hangover...and an empty stomach if you know what I'm saying...ouch! Haha
Old 07-23-2006, 12:50 AM
636Racer

Originally Posted by dynamic6er

I've been to those fashion show theme thingies..it's pretty cool. Lots of hotties...I mean...LOTS!!!

Tomorrow (July 23) there will be two things going on at Kakaako park. One's a going away party for an active nissan enthusiast and some G35Driver guys might be attending. If you want free food...you best be going there.

There's is also a "shrimp shack" cruise happening...they're also meeting at kakaako park at 11am. They're just going to take a nice cruise towards Kahuku to eat shrimp. If you havent tried Kahuku prawns and shrimps...you're missing out.

I'm kinda undecided at the momment to which one I'll be attending...I have to work right after either one. sucks.

Last edited by 636Racer; 07-23-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:28 PM
ctwentytwo

Do you have a web address for GO? Korean bars...soju...bad night..worse hangover...and an empty stomach if you know what I'm saying...ouch! Haha
http://www.iflygo.com/

Hhahahaha. Don't go spreading around the aloha too much at the K-Bars. $20 a pop can catch up real fast.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:10 PM
GZire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just walk down Kapiolani Blvd by Ala Moana shopping center (Rock Za, Femme Nu, etc....).
Old 07-25-2006, 04:14 AM
punish_her

DAMN!!! You had to pick a time when I'm out of town. Well it's kinda of a broad time from June to Sep. Got's me a twin turbo that is havin issuse with running rich under boost. It bogs down like crazy but pulls hard so it makes me wonder how hard it will pull if its tuned out.

I had issues with a friend accidently overwritting my tuned map when I told him to save it to my computer. Instead he save a blank map to my EU . Road tuned it out but it needs a professional touch.

Any way have fun man hope you find some action.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 AM
nismoflip6

Originally Posted by 636Racer
I've been to those fashion show theme thingies..it's pretty cool. Lots of hotties...I mean...LOTS!!!

Tomorrow (July 23) there will be two things going on at Kakaako park. One's a going away party for an active nissan enthusiast and some G35Driver guys might be attending. If you want free food...you best be going there.

There's is also a "shrimp shack" cruise happening...they're also meeting at kakaako park at 11am. They're just going to take a nice cruise towards Kahuku to eat shrimp. If you havent tried Kahuku prawns and shrimps...you're missing out.

I'm kinda undecided at the momment to which one I'll be attending...I have to work right after either one. sucks.
Hey did you go to that get together?
The one that was leaving is one of my club members...a few of my B15 guys and myself were there too...
Old 07-25-2006, 10:38 AM
636Racer

I stayed to cruise with Jojo and Lee. It was a no brainer afterall since they were leaving at the end of the month. I was the guy that came a little late...I was sporting my Mckinley Baseball T-shirt.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:15 PM
showstoppertk

Hey everyone! This is Dave Shiroma from Function:TUNED. Many of you may know me as the former General Manager of Altered Atmosphere. I'm staying in Honolulu till the 3rd of Aug. and wanted to check out the Z/G scene here. I know by early next week I'll be bored out of my mind unless I find stuff to do. Any meets going on? What are the recommended places to party? I found Rumors and Zanzabar...not sure though whats the word on those places? I think I'm gonna do the trolley around the island but is there anything that I MUST see? BTW I brought my laptop (forgot my USB adaptor but thats no big deal) so I can help with tuning if anyone needs or just to check your setups or if anyone just needs some help install some parts I'm down. Yes that's right I'm a gearaholic please let me turn some wrenches...lol I scare myself sometimes. And for good measure ALOHA!
rumors/zanzabar are for the old folks, not that I'm a spring chicken but you'll find people between 25-50 yrs old there. depending on your age I'd recommend osake lounge and sushi bar on fridays (from about 10 till 2) then chedder at fishermans wharf till 4am. sats I'd hit up the W or njoy at chai's (from 10 till 2) then oceans till 4am. daytime things to do are all outdoors. you could drive around the isle, spend the day on the north shore, snorkel at hanauma bay or sharks cove, hike, etc. everythings pretty much outdoors during the day here. I'd let you install some stuff for me, but I'm not allowed to play with my car at my apt complex, nor do I have that many tools.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:44 AM
nismoflip6

Originally Posted by 636Racer
I stayed to cruise with Jojo and Lee. It was a no brainer afterall since they were leaving at the end of the month. I was the guy that came a little late...I was sporting my Mckinley Baseball T-shirt.
Ahh...ok...I was the brown guy wearing the blue and white stripped shirt taken pics of everyone...