Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Invidia g200?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
bigfaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invidia g200?

just wanted to see what other people thought about this exhaust cause i want to buy it cause it still has a stock look but also has the performance and i like the sound. just wanted to hear some info if you guys ever tried it out or not, it's open to disscusion cause i'm debating right now.

here's a pic if you don't know what it looks like:

this one is mounted on a g but same diff:

Old 01-03-2008, 08:02 PM
whitecel

I think it looks good and is pretty decent in price. I was going to get this exhaust, but I am still keeping my options open before I make a final decision
Old 01-03-2008, 11:05 PM
ctwentytwo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Nismo instead. What part of Waipahu you from?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
rr_z33

if your going for bolt ons and sound. id have to agree and say get the nismo. i love the sound of it. but if you have plans for f/i later on. save your money
Old 01-04-2008, 08:47 AM
lowrider

Well, I have it, and am very happy with it. The only caveat I have, is that for best sound and performance, IMO, you need to add an "H" Pipe. I ran without one for a week, and it sounded like two three cylinder engines when it idled. Also at idle it looped. With the "H" it now sounds great at idle, much smoother, and the loop is gone. At WOT, it bellows like an exotic. There is no rasp in the car. Again, IMO, a very good well fabricated exhaust.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Invidia g200?-h-pipe0.jpg   Invidia g200?-painted-bumper0.jpg  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:38 PM
bigfaa

thanks everyone for your advice... haha now i'm more undecided but at least now i know more so thanks. BTW, lowrider thats a nice job on the "H" pipe. clean your car... mahalo braddah!

so the nismo is better you think? i thought it was nice too but the cost is what makes me not wanna get one. i dunno i think i might just wait a while and make a decision later on down the road after i do some suspension and styling. thanks again tho guys.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:39 PM
bigfaa

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
Get the Nismo instead. What part of Waipahu you from?
i live in kunia, village park.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:52 PM
whitecel

i think all exhausts produce minimal gains unless you go FI. Break it down to which exhaust you think sounds better.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:23 PM
dj.kickz

if ur not planning on going FI the borla TD exhaust is true dual, comes with an H Pipe and I think it sounds nice. It's not too expensive, I got it for like 900ish + shipping.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:04 PM
lowrider

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
if ur not planning on going FI the borla TD exhaust is true dual, comes with an H Pipe and I think it sounds nice. It's not too expensive, I got it for like 900ish + shipping.

Borla advertises itself as a so called true dual, but in reality it is not. The muffler is an X type that mingles both sides of the exhaust. I really don't know if that's a hindrance or not, but in any event it is not a true dual exhaust. All the other dual exhausts out there do in fact keep each side isolated in the muffler, so are in fact true duals.

Lou
Old 01-09-2008, 03:44 AM
Zfan808

If I'm not mistaken, the Greddy Evo2 is considered a true dual exhaust, and it has an x pipe in the system. So does the Stillen true dual.

The X pipe was designed for a reason, and it wasn't to hinder the exhaust system. X pipes are known for smoothing out exhaust flow. It also allows people to keep some low end torque that sometimes would be lost with a straight up dual exhaust.

Last edited by Zfan808; 01-09-2008 at 03:49 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:30 AM
lowrider

Originally Posted by Zfan808
If I'm not mistaken, the Greddy Evo2 is considered a true dual exhaust, and it has an x pipe in the system. So does the Stillen true dual.

The X pipe was designed for a reason, and it wasn't to hinder the exhaust system. X pipes are known for smoothing out exhaust flow. It also allows people to keep some low end torque that sometimes would be lost with a straight up dual exhaust.
Originally Posted by lowrider
The muffler is an X type that mingles both sides of the exhaust.
Lou

Zfan please reread what I wrote. An "X" pipe or an "H" in the proper location does in fact equalize the exhaust pulses in a properly designed dual exhaust system. In fact, I had an "H" added to my to my Invidia G200. However, the Borla muffler is an "X" type, and is located near the exit of the exhaust system. The Borla also has an "H" up front near the inlets. The "H" is in the proper location, the "X" is not. As I wrote, I don't know whether this is a hindrance or not.

Lou
Old 01-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Zfan808

Ahh, gotcha. Sorry, didn't see X "type" in there when I initially read it. On that note, do you consider the rear muffler on the Invidia G200 an X type as well? Because it appears there's 1 muffler with the 2 pipes going in on opposite sides.

I like your "H" pipe. How did you figure out which area was the best to put the "H" pipe at?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:08 AM
lowrider

Originally Posted by Zfan808
Ahh, gotcha. Sorry, didn't see X "type" in there when I initially read it. On that note, do you consider the rear muffler on the Invidia G200 an X type as well? Because it appears there's 1 muffler with the 2 pipes going in on opposite sides.

I like your "H" pipe. How did you figure out which area was the best to put the "H" pipe at?
I did some research when I bought my Invidia. Yep, it's one muffler, but the left/right side paths are separate. Invida confirmed this before I bought it, and I confirmed it after the purchase. Before I put in the "H", it was apparent from the sound, that each bank was separate and had it's own exhaust path. I put the "H" in a straight section close to the cats, as is the common practice. This has been proven effective since the 70s.

Lou