Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Wrapping things up...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 PM
punish_her

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrapping things up...

Well things are comming together and my build is about finished. Sonics should be tuning up my car tonight so I will ahve my results in the morning. Well if the tuner gets better, he is sick right now.

My custom powder coated BBK is in transit and should be here by this weekend. Those will go on when I have some free time.

Sonics put on the half shafts on so the whole drive train has the capability to run well over 800whp safely so it will be a reliable higher HP car.

I am working with speed force racing to have a special 4 chamber container built. The left side will hold about 1 liter of PS fluid and replace the factory plastic container. The next one is a washer container with about 1.5 liter capacity. Following that is the oil catch can that is baffled. Rounding out the set is the radiator resivoir. Its like the attached photo but a fourth camber extened to the passanger side. That should be done this week and shipping soon there after. So no more plastic containers in the bay and heated washer fluid... for my next place.

The only thing left is the small project after that got all the cut off wheels to fab up the bumper and braces finaly and I already have the coolers mounted on the bumper. Just need to chop away enough material to mount it all and hook up the sandwich plates and run the PS lines. Still pondering if Im gonna go witha braided steel clutch line. I probably need to since I had boiling problems in the past.

I will post up the final numbers as soon as I get them.
Attached Thumbnails Wrapping things up...-can.jpg  
Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 PM
rr_z33

sounds good bro. my dyno is set for May 30th.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 PM
punish_her

Hope you get what your looking for power wise.

So what compression are you running again on your pistons?
Old 05-14-2008, 11:49 PM
rr_z33

Originally Posted by punish_her
Hope you get what your looking for power wise.

So what compression are you running again on your pistons?
im looking for 550ish. thats a pretty reasonable number. im on 8.5:1. if i recall same as yours. i might do a 100 octane tune. well see how it goes.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:50 PM
punish_her

Mine are weisco mine are 8.6's. Same???
Old 05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
rr_z33

ahh i guess not. i got CP 8.5s
Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 AM
punish_her

That was a total kindergartener sentece, butchered that one up good.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:31 AM
rr_z33

That was a total kindergartener sentece, butchered that one up good.
haha ive seen worse. my roomate is a second year college student and i swear he cant write sentences worth a ****. the worse though is when fobs in my class who say, "When i go Stowahh." are in the same english class as i am. makes me feel like i fail at life.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:46 PM
punish_her

Well I came home today with my rear rotors sitting at my door.

They are GREAT quality. 13" 2 peice floating rotors with a composite friction surface and real nice tophat. Annodized and every thing, not a casting mark to be found. The finish is great. Now just waiting for the fronts and calipers for all 4 corners. Definately glad I got in on that group buy.

I cant wait to see what the fronts look like as well as the calipers since they were powder coated Satin Black. Verry nondescript.

Last edited by punish_her; 05-15-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:31 AM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks hot! can't wait to see the end results....
Old 05-17-2008, 05:02 PM
punish_her

My front rotors came in yesterday. OMFG I thought the rear was huge. I opened up the box and stared at it with my mouth open and just said... HOLLY HELL THOSE ARE HUGE!!!

I'll have side by side up later.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:33 PM
rr_z33

update on the final numbers?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:46 PM
bluesi808

since your almost done with your engine. i was just wondering about how much did you spend on your build?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:46 PM
punish_her

Lets see....

Before the brakes, half shafts, and custon fluid container I was well into the price of the car with out including shipping. Now Im sitting at arround $38,000 minus the diffrence of rebuys.

Here is the 14" rotors:

And I came home to these today:

4 pot calipers

6 pot calipers

I spent about 20 minutes cleaning the stickers off. I HATE STICKERS!!!! If you are not paying me to put it on my car you are not getting your product name on my car. Over all I like the quality of what I see. Now just finding the time to put it on. Im pondering just dropping it off at Sonics.

Last edited by punish_her; 05-19-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:26 PM
punish_her

Well, talked to Speed Force Racing today. I should recieve the 4 part canister Tuesday. So its looking like next weekend is an install weekend.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
punish_her

The 4 part canister is in and look GREAT. It is made of real thick aluminum and REAL sturdy. I had them bead blast it so it looks like the OEM finish on the canister so it fits the bay better with the IC/charge pipes and plenum.

The back side conectors are for the catch can and breather. So this all bolts onto the stock location for the plastic engine cover. I just need to find the right nuts for the studs. That and get my car back.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:05 PM
punish_her

Default A little update...

OK, with a little elbow grease and alot of thought, the fluid container is in. Had to do a little modification to get her to fit but she looks nice in there. Cleaned the bay up pretty good.

I drilled and tapped a hole for a "T" drain in the catch can section that way once it starts to fill up I dont have to remove the whole unit to pour the oil out. All I do is reach in and give her a twist. Thats a lot of pain in the *** saved by thinking ahead.

I didnt hook the crank case up to the catch can just yet, I wanted to see how she fit in there first. The next step is getting a long enough line to hook it up and put a breather on a PVC fitthing to where the crank case vent attached to the plenum and Im in business.

I also had to widden the offset by 1/16 on the holes for mounting. They didnt quite line up. No biggie just went up a 1/16 on the hole size and she fit lined up nicely.

All I have to do now is make an adapter to go from a 1/2" hole to 1/8th fitting for the 2 washer pumps and mount those and I will be in business. There is plenty of room to mount those any where. Once that is done the canister will be 100% utilized. Right now its only 75%.

With the extra 1qt capacity, Im not sure If I need a PS cooler. The bumper braces are not quite fitting right so I still got to smooth that out before I can get the oil cooler and PS cooler on. The brakes may just have to wait until I get back. I dont want to use my last weekend here for the next few month doing brakes and other car stuff.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:41 AM
redline350ZZ

Pic's!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:50 AM
punish_her

Here is the picture of the fluid container installed. Look to the far right and left of the engine bay. Cleaned up the power steering container and the Greddy radiator over flow container.

Here is a picture of the finished bottom. The T-drain installed in the catch can section to make it easier to drain out.

Just to quell any questions, the container does not block any of the radiator so there is no flow restriction to make temps rise.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
punish_her

Default Solved my washer pump delima

With the new canister there is not a setup to mount the washer pumps like the factory location or the greddy washer bottle. I decided to relocate the pumps to else where in the engine bay but I had a delima. The holes for the pumps were about a 1/2 inch wide. I needed to figure our how to neck that down to 1/8 inch to connect the pumpts to the new container.

Here is what transpired:

This is the washer pump and the inlet hole

Again, you realy cant hook up this directly to the new canister. I work with alot of fittings and found a plastic cap that fit snuggly over the rubber grommet. The fitting cap is made of a tougher thick plastic. I notched out the plastic to fit a hard line 1/8th vaccuum fitting.

My friend Mr. J.B. Weld and I bonded the rubber grommet to the cap, creating a small sump area that will provide a little extra volume and reduce the strain on the pump.

I then coated the hard line vaccuum tubes with JB and seated them on the new sump.

The final product is this:

All I need to do is pick up some 1 1/2 inch diameter line isolaters that will clamp these to where ever I decide to bolt them. All thats now is mounting them and running the lines to the apropriate area and I gots my squirters again.

Quick Reply: Wrapping things up...