Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Double Down / Relentless Autosports JWT 850 TT'ed Z wins the Time Attack Finals

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 08:50 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Great work once agian, bet those CAMs helped out.
The cams did not quite help as much as I expected but I have not ruled out the potential of them yet. We just need more tuning time with them.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Money0veru
Banned

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
The cams did not quite help as much as I expected but I have not ruled out the potential of them yet. We just need more tuning time with them.
What kind of power did you put down with those cams?
Old 01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Money0veru
What kind of power did you put down with those cams?
684 whp @ 20psi. Once a couple more issues are adressed on the car that the cams created, I am sure we will be in the mid 700's to 800's.

The cams did benefit us on the fact that the car gets into boost quite a bit quicker than with the S2 cams.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Money0veru
Banned

684 whp @ 20psi. Once a couple more issues are adressed on the car that the cams created, I am sure we will be in the mid 700's to 800's.

The cams did benefit us on the fact that the car gets into boost quite a bit quicker than with the S2 cams.
How fast do they spool up now? Do you have a dyno plot to share with us.I was thinking of going with the JWT big cams,but want to see some results.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:48 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

How fast do they spool up now? Do you have a dyno plot to share with us.I was thinking of going with the JWT big cams,but want to see some results.
There are too many things to consider and take in acount. Each car is different and has a different build, I would say that on our time attack car the lag was reduced about 500-600 rpm with these cams compared to the S2's. This is with JWT 850 TT kit at 20psi.

If you plan on using these cams on a street driven car, I would strongly recomend not to use these huge cams, as streetability does go out the window and there is nothing in the way of a consistant idle and a lot of flutter below 26 k rpm. Not realy a street cam.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Money0veru
Banned

There are too many things to consider and take in acount. Each car is different and has a different build, I would say that on our time attack car the lag was reduced about 500-600 rpm with these cams compared to the S2's. This is with JWT 850 TT kit at 20psi.
Cool, you got some side by side dynos so we can compare?

If you plan on using these cams on a street driven car, I would strongly recomend not to use these huge cams, as streetability does go out the window and there is nothing in the way of a consistant idle and a lot of flutter below 26 k rpm. Not realy a street cam.
I though you just said above that they "reduced turbo lag by 500-600rpms" But now your saying they arent streetable? Im a bit confused now. If they spool up faster wouldnt that be good for street use? But generally larger cams slow the spool up no?
Either way, some graphs to see would be interesting.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:27 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

I though you just said above that they "reduced turbo lag by 500-600rpms" But now your saying they arent streetable? Im a bit confused now. If they spool up faster wouldnt that be good for street use? But generally larger cams slow the spool up no?
No, I do not have any comparable dyno sheets, we had no reason to save them, not a good comparison, yet.

The cams are not streetable, because you will have NO idle and the car will not want to run at all below 2k rpm, and not very well untill it reaches close to 2,800 ish rpm. Not ideal on a street car, or most cars.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:33 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

are these the same cams you made 800 on SinCity's car?
Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Money0veru
Banned

No, I do not have any comparable dyno sheets, we had no reason to save them, not a good comparison, yet.

The cams are not streetable, because you will have NO idle and the car will not want to run at all below 2k rpm, and not very well untill it reaches close to 2,800 ish rpm. Not ideal on a street car, or most cars.
Oh ok..Was looking foward to seeing some comparisons of different cams with different turbos, before I decide.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by doug
are these the same cams you made 800 on SinCity's car?
We have not ever made 800 whp on any car (YET ), nor have we claimed to. We have made in the low to mid 700's though, and no. These new monster cams have not seen more than 68? whp, we are starving for air through the standard JWT TT FMIC that we are still using. We will be changing the IC out here in the comming months along as a bunch of other stuff.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:21 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the reduced lag could be induced by the valves being open longer/higher to take better advantage of boost created at that certain rpm on the dyno when the throttle was put down. more intake=more exhaust= better turbo spool. i think what scott is saying is that unless you were going full throttle during these rpms, the motor would'nt be quite as responsive. unless you were running the motor in the higher rpms, the cams would not gain you much and may be abit of a pisser down low (when out of boost) where most street driving happens.
i personally like the sound of a lopey idle though, lol. if it doesn't go fast at low rpm's it is becasue i am driving like a grandma and don't need the power, but a stab of the gas and rpm's go quick in the right gear to hit your power band.
i could go off on a duration/lift vs. rpm and driveabilty theory i have, but will end it unless someone asks for more, ha!

hey scott, you guys still using my exhaust? had it independantly tested and it seems to be the good stuff, lol.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by overZealous1
you guys still using my exhaust? had it independantly tested and it seems to be the good stuff, lol.
Yep, still using it, and still loving it just as much, if not more than when we first put it on the car . And while we are on that topic, have any more exhaust tips laying around? We had to put those turn-out things on there for Laguna Seca, and we seem to have mis-placed one of the regular exhaust tips.

This isn't exactly the look we want to keep all year long with the exhaust tips

Last edited by SinCity350Z; 01-06-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by overZealous1
hey scott, you guys still using my exhaust? had it independantly tested and it seems to be the good stuff, lol.
^^^ Probably one of the best exhausts I have seen. I just with the joints were solid, but the resenator and muffler choice couldn't be any better.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Nforce1

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z

texas plate?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:17 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Nforce1
texas plate?
Yee haw!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:44 AM
overZealous1

^^^ Probably one of the best exhausts I have seen. I just with the joints were solid, but the resenator and muffler choice couldn't be any better.

for you guys i would recommend welding as many joints together as possible. the band clamps work great, but not designed to be reused more than a couple times and they need to go back on to the same exact joint. if not they will allow it to slip, which a trip over a rumble strip would be enough to do it.

hey mike. don't have any extra tips. but dang, you atleast need to put a straight section on there, those angled ones look......ummm.........
gunna finally be doing a rear diffuser for my car. it will involve cutting out the center rear of the bumper (which looks like ya got that part done, lol ) and go all the way to the rear diff. it will either be sheet alum. or i might do cf. looking into some honeycomb cf laminations, but that would be ALOT more work. will keep ya posted on progress.
good luck, you guys are doing awesome!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:55 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

^^^Thanks Scott! I guess I will need to get some new tips fabbed up .
Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
^^^Thanks Scott! I guess I will need to get some new tips fabbed up .
I am working on that too.... Since I lost the old one somewhere, they needed to be replaced anyway.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

I am working on that too.... Since I lost the old one somewhere, they needed to be replaced anyway.
Sweet. Thanks Scott!