Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

PowerLab: Stage 5 Turbo Kit/ProEFI ECU/Intense 797WHP **Video**

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007 | 05:21 PM
06MagneticZ

Do you guys need a car to use and install a kit like this on?? I'd be more than happy to loan you guys my almost stock, well for you guys stock 2006 350z. You can do whatever as long as I get it back making over 800hp and I'll be more than happy to take it to shows, put stickers and brag to everyone about the great job and amazing power that your shop accomplished on MY Z......

Meh.....doesnt hurt to try
Old 12-10-2007 | 07:50 PM
dragon11689

I knew someone was gonna come out with a big single for our cars one day. We can't let all those single big turbo supras have all the fun. Good job Intense!
Old 12-10-2007 | 09:23 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
Back on topic: Well Somewhat...
Before we begin building this engine I snapped a few pictures for you all. We're using the information we've gathered from our engine building programs that have supported upwards of 1500whp in our Drag Supra, and many other customer vehicles!
This is what will be used in Jorge's motor build and now it's up to PowerLab for the performance aspect of it. We might be using a turbo similar to what we've tested on our G35 or maybe something bigger That's yet to come and once it's all finalized I'm sure Jorge will be pleased to share it with you all...

Specs:
- Intense Motorsports Custom H-Beam Chromoly rod rated to 300HP & 9000RPM Each
- Intense Motorsports 8.5:1 Heavy Deck Low Ring Land w/ HD Wrist Pin (Same design used in our supras)
- Intense Motorsports Billet Mains
- Intense Motorsports Girdle
- Supertech Double Valve Springs
- Supertech Nitride coated Stainless Intake Valves
- Supertech Inconel Exhaust Valves
- Supertech Titanium Retainers
- Intense Motorsports Prep'd head
- Tomei 280 Cams
- Darton Sleeves
- ARP Hardware
- HKS Headgaskets

been doing x-mass shopping for the family all day but i keep up with was was happening in the thread... i cant believe how it happens when poeple jsut come out of left field to hate....but oh well... back to "normal" and props on the apology

I see IntenseFab posted the details on my engine... I think some of you that are close friends with me, heard a couple of this things but now you can all see it ... ...FTW!!!!

Excellent work by INtense, Powerlab and Jason!!!!!!

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-10-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2007 | 09:40 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器
Premier Member

Sorry to hear that you guys weren't able to eclipse the 906whp pull from Friday, but it doesn't surprise me given the clutch situation.

But... since I had to work today and couldn't be there this time, the selfish part of me is kinda glad I might get another chance to see Han's G going for four digits again on the dyno on another one of my days off (once you get the new clutch)!!!

After seeing firsthand over the past week what this 76S Powerlab single turbo setup can do, I am completely rethinking my build plans for my G. Big single turbo FTW!!! (It looks like I need to change my sig, LOL!!!)

It is really cool that Intense, PowerLab, and ProEFI have decided to share their R&D with the community as it is progressing. We are really privileged to be informed about something that normally happens behind closed doors and is not disclosed to the community before production. The community as a whole will benefit from the knowledge that is being shared here. Therefore, you guys deserve much praise, support, (I'll say it again) some patience, and respect!!!

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-10-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:01 PM
JisNis

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
been doing x-mass shopping for the family all day but i keep up with was was happening in the thread... i cant believe how it happens when poeple jsut come out of left field to hate....but oh well... back to "normal" and props on the apology

I see IntenseFab posted the details on my engine... I think some of you that are close friends with me, heard a couple of this things but now you can all see it ... ...FTW!!!!

Can u not hate me anymore and take me for a ride after ur engine is installed?
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:20 PM
JiinKz

Incredible work fellas. I'll have to swing by sometime and check it out seeing as how I haven't been down to that side of the world in...ages?
Old 12-11-2007 | 05:39 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by JisNis
Can u not hate me anymore and take me for a ride after ur engine is installed?

i dont hate you lol just hate your team

oh and you got it!
Old 12-11-2007 | 07:10 AM
AZVeilsideZ

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

So now that you doing up the Z to you should let me know if you are going to sell that turbonetics kit you will have laying around?????

P.S. So jealous that you will have your amazing G and now a sick a$$ Z!!!!
Old 12-11-2007 | 07:11 AM
IIQuickSilverII

^^ Ygpmed
Old 12-11-2007 | 08:17 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Alberto
Not everybody wants or can put down 700whp...

900whp sounds nice, but Id like to know what speed the highway races start from in that car for it to be able to get traction? Id love to hear driving impressions on the street....

"Hey lets race from 100-170mph" lol
+1 on Not everybody wants or can put down 700whp, depends on what people want for sure

i guess all supras with big turbos are stupid

just from this(in case you missed it) you can tell your 100mph to 170mph is way off

Why did you take your tn run video of your Zig... that was one of my favourites videos of your runs

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-11-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2007 | 09:21 AM
JisNis

Originally Posted by ct350z
yeah i think the autobauhn is going to be needed at this point...lol
Not really. We have the 202 in AZ. Didnt you see that lambo doing 219 mph?
Old 12-11-2007 | 09:29 AM
AZVeilsideZ

Originally Posted by JisNis
Not really. We have the 202 in AZ. Didnt you see that lambo doing 219 mph?
+1
Old 12-11-2007 | 10:32 AM
D350Z10

True, but who wants to do a 80 roll.... even if you did it your only making 400 ish and you would play catch up... Big turbo cars ask for trouble on the streets, thats when it just gets stupid.
Old 12-11-2007 | 11:15 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Exclamation Wow

Wow, So many O.T. {OFF TOPIC} posts. This thread is for posting results from R&D of the PowerLab turbo kit and Pro EFI ECU presented to Intense Motorsports Racing.

Just think if every manufacture got this type of feedback from the public and or clutter of results there would never be a kit released.

MOD FOR CLEAN UP OF UNNECESSARY POSTS PLEASE. USE YOUR JUDGMENT AND THANK YOU.
Old 12-11-2007 | 11:46 AM
little_rod

Well, I haven't been around these parts for a bit, but I must say, something like this is what I have been looking for in our car for years.

I'm sure it will take a while for all this to work itself out, just count me as the patient type.

Now if I could just get something like this in Arkansas......lol, not. Don't know if this is off topic, but with a kit like this, I have always wondered if it is only useful to guys who live near the shop.
Old 12-11-2007 | 12:02 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by IntenseAero
Wow, So many O.T. {OFF TOPIC} posts. This thread is for posting results from R&D of the PowerLab turbo kit and Pro EFI ECU presented to Intense Motorsports Racing.

Just think if every manufacture got this type of feedback from the public and or clutter of results there would never be a kit released.

+10000000000000000000000000
Old 12-11-2007 | 12:06 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired
Premier Member

Originally Posted by IntenseAero

considering the thread already has over 300 posts, it is very time consuming to "clean up"

someone should report the posts early on before it gets way out of hand.

If you wanted to start another thread with the most relevant info and questions answered, then go ahead and I will just remove this thread.

and of course if there are any clear violations of TOU then just point them out by reporting individual posts.
Old 12-11-2007 | 05:48 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by D350Z10
True, but who wants to do a 80 roll.... even if you did it your only making 400 ish and you would play catch up... Big turbo cars ask for trouble on the streets, thats when it just gets stupid.
That was also in 5th gear I am sure. Drop down to 2nd with some ET streets and hold on!

I thought you use to be all about singles?
Old 12-11-2007 | 05:56 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by thawk408
That was also in 5th gear I am sure. Drop down to 2nd with some ET streets and hold on!

I thought you use to be all about singles?

until he got something else...... let him be
Old 12-11-2007 | 06:57 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

OK, I just spent some time cleaning up this thread. Can't believe none of this was reported earlier. This thread is about the POWERLAB ST kit. This is not a APS vs. PL, ST vs. TT, Z vs. Supra, etc. Keep OT!!!

Last edited by ZU L8R; 12-11-2007 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply: PowerLab: Stage 5 Turbo Kit/ProEFI ECU/Intense 797WHP **Video**