Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

1st Time attack with some dissappointments

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:19 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that the ppl of my350z can't let one thread live kills me. Pete is innocent but everytime he starts a thread the nuthuggers and even people who aren't fi chime in with their opinions. Period thread locked down for now til I clean it up

Last edited by r0mey; 05-02-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:01 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

thread opened for pete
Old 05-02-2008, 09:44 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Pete!

JET
Old 05-02-2008, 09:52 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

I told people to keep it on topic obviously they thought I was joking. This isnt a bash thread or calling out haters.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:58 PM
CH@Dbee

thank you for representing Competition Clutch on the track...i hope u like the clutch kit and fly wheel. i use ur car as a reference all the time when suggesting what stage clutch people should get for their VQ powered car. if u ever need a new clutch or need anything at all dont think twice about contacting me directly.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 PM
w0ady

congrats on doing well in the time attack! im sure after all the headaches, it must feel nice to have it running. looking forward to more good results.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:47 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats Pete. Sorry for taking the thread OT previously. You had quite a victory and hopefully you guys will have more in the future when you get all the kinks worked out. Good luck!
Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Pete congrats on your placement in the Time Attack. I know first hand how frustrating it feels to be track side and dealing with issues. I have always had issues with my car at the track "Always"! The first time was the cam sensors, During the Time Attack the Fans melted the fuses, I have gone thru 3 sets of relays on these fans. (Phuc theses fans, but they keep my car cool??). Its just not worth it anymore for me, I just dont make that kind of money to fix the car and dump 3 to 4K after every track event. My car is a street car now. As far as Scott is concerned, Many folks on here don't like him, but you cant take the fact the guy can drive, thats three diffrent Zs he has jumped into and put in the top three spots. I also disagree with some of the things he post , but you have to give credit where credit is due (his driving).
Pete once again congrats, I have talked to you on the phone and your heading in the right direction with your ride. Keep us posted on future events.

Luie
Old 05-03-2008, 06:25 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Pete, I am sorry to hear about the troubles at the track. I know what you are implying, and you are way off base.

As you will recall, we dropped EVERYTHING we were doing, in order to get your car ready SEMA, and installed a million of your parts that you supplied in two weeks, including tuning and engine brake in.. You and I were both present for the final inspections, and we tend to go overboard with heat wrapping and clearancing things.

When you decide to convert your car from a show/street car....to a Time Attack car driven by a semi-professional race car driver....it needs to be inspected, checked, rechecked...numerous times. You and Scott should know this. Tracking a car, and all of the offroad excursions that Scott Bush is known for, overheating..etc..etc...take their toll. Things can move around, expand, contract, and all of this needs to be under close supervision.

If you think you can take a street car, and just throw it on the track and expect a good result, you are mistaken.

I really wish I had time to go into great detail with your post, but we are just too busy to take anymore time to pick apart the specifics of your post. The fans, and power steering were worked on AFTER the car left here, just for the record. I am not blaming anyone....when you track a car...things can break...and a very close and constant supervision and inspection of the car is required.

Consider the first outing with the car, as your shake down event...work out the bugs...make needed repairs...and go out and try it again! 2nd place isnt bad.

Maybe if your driver, Scott Bush, wasn't permanently banned from the forums, for lieing, self promoting his shop/home garage under fake screenames, and putting together ficitous build sheets.....he could come on and elaborate some more about the car.
wow....i wish you had the time to elaborate,i thought the mods/install you did WERE of the off-road/race caliber.your post sounds like......heres a car with the best of everything......just don't try to use it or your car will burn to the ground.

Last edited by go-fast; 05-03-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:01 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

You missed one dave but i got em
Old 05-03-2008, 07:09 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

excellent job mods....some people dont learn
Old 05-03-2008, 09:49 AM
holyfrickster
Banned

Nvm...congrats pete on the win!

Last edited by holyfrickster; 05-03-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:57 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

...... ip check multiple accounts?

all this sounds familiar
Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Fricks ban extended fake name permed. You know why you were banned and you knew what you were doing. Dave made the decision to ban you I made the decision to extend your ban based on your violation of TOU 21 make up another name and ur permed.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:21 AM
saberphx

Originally Posted by FrickU
Haha talking from what you don't know. Those cars make a lot more power and are a lot lighter than you think lol. I trailered that car out there.
Mind parking that trailor at my house? Kthnx
Old 05-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Pete@BC

Thanks to all that look at this as a unbiased update. It's frustrating to be put in this position at times. Specially considering having one of my sponsors bashing another. I'd like it to where if theres any personal issues, they be kept away from this car. I was asked by the community to post results and updates on how the car is doing. By this, I include everything. In my first post I updated on all the issues including brake failure which we are looking into, and will update on that also. Brakes in which we plan on distributing. So saying I'm bashing 1 shop and promoting others is off line. We are also testing a prototype suspension which handled great, but have issues where the external reserviors are located. Things which yes, are tested at the track and help document to work the bugs out.

The results are results, not intended to **** anyone off. I do have to admit I'm setting my personal feelings aside on the fire. Anyone in my shoes would not be as calm about the fact their car caught fire. I can't imagine how much bashing would go on if a head lifted, but how a fire means nothing only shows how unbiased some posters are. Leaving that aside.

I want to point out a few things that are untrue from a previous post. This cars only show was to be Sema (in our booth). The car from the beginning was told to all involved parties that we were building a track car, shooting for a 600hp goal. That is why we decided on RA motor (due to all the Z tracking they do)and had discussed with Scott on driving the east coast events for us. We are a suspension company, our car makes no sense to sit on a trailer or dyno. The track is proving ground for us. Also, the differences from a high hp show car or track car is weight and suspension tuning. I don't understand why a 600hp show car is not supposed to function other than on a dyno? If Sharif remembers correctly thats how you sold me on your upgraded double fan system (cooling on the track). Tuning was only done to 5lbs, mutally decided. Also, the fan relays and fuses melted previously (1 of them) daily driving. The power steering reservior lines, was confirmed to have been the pipe for the intake was on reverse. Boost clamps coming off, that happens even on the street to any car. But they weren't upgraded to tbolts for some reason. I guess a 600hp car in the installers eyes doesn't need them. So I'm going with your recommendation as Scotts with stock headgaskets. The steel braided line, I'll show pics shortly. Those lines don't constrict, there was no slack. The brakes, I'm not sure exactly what is going on. I just had a moment to pop the wheel off and look. I'm hesitant now to say it was leaking, because the power steering fluid is all over the place. I have new seals on their way just in case. The suspension is a prototype external reservior. The bracket was rubbing our tire, but we were running 315's. We had to move them over and then they hit the inner fender which was smashing them up. Final results, we decided to duct tape them for the rest of the event. Not the best advertisement, but it is part of working out the bugs.

As for philthy's challenge, I'm not exactly sure where you come in on this whole thing really . But hey the more the merrier, see ya at tennessee. Make sure the show car is converted to race (whatever that means).

Ok so special thanks go out to my sponsors

GT Spec
Relentless Autosports
Competition clutch
Stri
Toyo
WP Pro
and last but not least. Performance Factory

Last edited by Pete@BC; 05-03-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete@BC

As for philthy's challenge, I'm not exactly sure where you come in on this whole thing really . But hey the more the merrier, see ya at tennessee. Make sure the show car is converted to race (whatever that means).

Play the innocent victim all you want - If the mods approve, I'll post the EvoM thread where you called out RobiSpec and that's what brought my car into this...
Old 05-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Gammawolf

The results are results, not intended to **** anyone off. I do have to admit I'm setting my personal feelings aside on the fire. Anyone in my shoes would not be as calm about the fact their car caught fire. I can't imagine how much bashing would go on if a head lifted, but how a fire means nothing only shows how unbiased some posters are. Leaving that aside.
I must applaud your patience and reserve. If my G caught on fire due to similar installation circumstances, I would of been incensed and giving all kinds of hell.

I want to point out a few things that are untrue from a previous post. This cars only show was to be Sema (in our booth). The car from the beginning was told to all involved parties that we were building a track car, shooting for a 600hp goal. That is why we decided on RA motor (due to all the Z tracking they do)and had discussed with Scott on driving the east coast events for us. We are a suspension company, our car makes no sense to sit on a trailer or dyno. The track is proving ground for us. Also, the differences from a high hp show car or track car is weight and suspension tuning. I don't understand why a 600hp show car is not supposed to function other than on a dyno?
Seriously . . . what's the point of having so much hp if you're not going to put it to use??? I'm certain with time though that you'll be able to tweak it out and make your G even better.

If Sharif remembers correctly thats how you sold me on your upgraded double fan system (cooling on the track). Tuning was only done to 5lbs, mutally decided. Also, the fan relays and fuses melted previously (1 of them) daily driving. The power steering reservior lines, was confirmed to have been the pipe for the intake was on reverse. Boost clamps coming off, that happens even on the street to any car. But they weren't upgraded to tbolts for some reason. I guess a 600hp car in the installers eyes doesn't need them. So I'm going with your recommendation as Scotts with stock headgaskets. The steel braided line, I'll show pics shortly. Those lines don't constrict, there was no slack. The brakes, I'm not sure exactly what is going on. I just had a moment to pop the wheel off and look. I'm hesitant now to say it was leaking, because the power steering fluid is all over the place. I have new seals on their way just in case. The suspension is a prototype external reservior. The bracket was rubbing our tire, but we were running 315's. We had to move them over and then they hit the inner fender which was smashing them up. Final results, we decided to duct tape them for the rest of the event. Not the best advertisement, but it is part of working out the bugs.
Talk about applying aid in the heat of battle!! Well at least you don't have to worry about your engine. And no worries about the stock headgaskets throughout all that? That's good.

Ok so special thanks go out to my sponsors

GT Spec
Relentless Autosports
Competition clutch
Stri
Toyo
WP Pro
and last but not least. Performance Factory
I'm glad Performance Factory, Relentless Autosports and the rest of your sponsors come through for you. I think your car will only get better.

Good luck on your next Race and congrats on your finishes!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Well all this talk about lines failing had me concerned. I just checked all my lines and there are some oil lines that have a plastic wrap around them that are all melted. It just never stops, and I just blew another fan relay.

Quick Reply: 1st Time attack with some dissappointments