Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

My JWT TT VQ35DE Rev-up build

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 05:31 PM
VELO x Phoenix

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My JWT TT VQ35DE Rev-up build

Im currently about half way through a very thorough build in my 350z and I thought Id share some of the things I've encountered and what parts I decided to go with and why. So heres my list of what is currently in the car or will be in the car.

Engine internals
*Wiseco 96mm .020 OS pistons 10.5:1 compression, I decided to run with the higher compression because I don't plan on raising the rpm at all and the car will have a e85 capable fuel system to support the high compression
*Eagle connecting rods, stock length
*Nissan OEM gasket rebuild kit, I know there are some other options as far as gasket kits go, but nothing beats OEM quality and I didnt go any thicker with the head gaskets so the kit mad sense cost wise
* King racing bearings .001+, the rebuild kit I went with from Z1 came with ACL std clearance bearings for the rods, but after grinding and polishing the tolerances were sitting a little loose at about .0045 and I wanted to be closer to .0030-.0035 and the king bearings seem to be a little better built as far as longevity goes. I dont plan on tracking this car, I just wanted a bulletproof engine
*Billet boundary gears, I replaced the oil pump with an OEM rev up pump and swapped in the upgraded gears. I know this is the achilles as far as weak spots goes for VQ motors and adding boost I wanted a little bit of insurance for the higher power gains.
*Stillen oil pan upgrade +1 quart of oil
*Stock crank, I threw a rod in the engine and the crank got ruined. Picked up a used crank, had it clearanced, balanced, ground, and polished
*The engine assembly was completely balanced as a rotating assembly
*ARP Head studs
*Injector dynamics 1000cc
* CJ motorsports S1 fuel line kit
*Deatschwerks 255lph Drop in fuel pump
Engine head parts
*Stock cams are going back in, I did plan on getting the JWT S7 cams when planning the build but My engine builder didnt think it was necessary for the rev up motor and the power goals I have. I want to be between 500-600HP
*Ferrea complete valve train kit with +1 oversized valves. As far as quality goes, ferrea is the best. High heat resistance intake cams for least amount of heat soak, and stainless steel exhaust cams for low carbon build up. Titanium retainers for max rigidity and dual valve springs are solid for resisting valve float
*OEM valve guides replaced
*Z1 Ziton valve stem seals
*3 angle valve job
*Stage 2 Port and Polish on heads, hard to say how much is gained from this service, but it definitely will smooth out air flow/ fuel delivery and allow for more flow through the oversized valves that were installed
External engine mods
*JWT exhaust manifolds included with the kit
*JWT intake W/ KIT
*Z1 lightweight flywheel kit
*Mishimoto radiator
*Mishimoto Fan shroud
*Mishimoto Full silicon pipe/ kit
*Mishimoto Power steering pump overflow
*Weapon R coolant overflow tank
*Custom porting on upper/lower plenum and matched to intake manifold
*Z1 Clutch kit with lightweight flywheel 6 puck
*I did personally delete a lot of useless coolant lines to clean up the front of the engine, and rerouted the wiring harness around the back of the engine
*I replaced just about all external systems power steering pump, ac condenser, ac pump, alternator, starter etc.
Engine management
*AEM Plug and play kit, I'm pretty sure its the 710 series Im not sure, but it was an easy install and should make for an easy start up.

Thats where I am currently on parts list, prolly more support mods on drivetrain to come soon, Im open to suggestions to any other mods I should add to the list
The following users liked this post:
jcandas (06-15-2023)
Old 04-11-2020, 09:17 AM
eman39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice man is this a shop build? What shop are you from? Post up some pics and dyno sheets if you have any.