Premier Member

Received 9,149 Likes on 6,599 Posts

We crushed op's hopes and dreams, he is prob off in the corner sulking
Old 06-28-2016, 03:28 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Hiatt
Hows it going everybody! Today is my first post on this forum and ive got some questions on what i should upgrade in my Z. I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring M/T with a Borla Type S Exhaust(purchased with the car). I have some parts already picked out and am going to be paying for this weekend unless you guys interject or have better idea's.

Items I am purchasing include
~5/16" Copper Iso Thermal plenum spacer
~Stillen Hi-Flow Intake Kit
~Stillen Standard Performance Lightweight Crevank Pulley
~Stillen High Capacity Aluminum Oil Pan/No
Those together are running me about $1100

Im not sure where to go after this. Should i get headers? Stage 3 + Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel? I really dont know what to do to add power other then the heavy purchase of the Headers and when i do get those what next. If you guys have any ideas on how to add to my build i would deeply appreciate it. Im trying to push 350-400rwp and im not looking to Turbo or Supercharge my Z for a long time. Im just looking for some Strap on performance boosts. And nothing that is going to cost a grand at a time.

Also ive been looking into flashing my ECU when should i do that? Im looking into Osiris Standard its going to run me about $800 Do i need to get this, this early on? Be nice to me here haha... Is there ways to reset or reprogram my ECU without buying Osiris? Such as a complete power down through disconnecting the power to the battery? Im up in Montana so i have no ways of going to a pro shop to get a dyno tune done or to get a tune built to my knowledge.

Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate you reading this forum and i look forward to your positive criticism and input.

I say drive the car and replace things when you need to replace them, upgrade as you go. The more you read the more you will know what you want to purchase...

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket get a poop charger or a dc sport intake... Or better yet get that clearance intake from Z1 so I dont have to see it everytime I go onto their website...
https://www.z1motorsports.com/liquid...trui5pr2tqekr3

Dont worry about buying stuff your car will let you know what you need soon enough...
Old 06-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Nick Hiatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everybody didnt expect this many post for when i got off work. I appreciate all the criticism and knowledge i need everything i can get im pretty new to owning a Z and i like all the feedback coming in. Thanks Unicus, Travlee and Dkmura and everybody else. So i realized i may have been looking at this completely wrong and im glad i had you all to save me. The reason why i was looking for power gains is i live right next to Whitefish which is a resort town filled with stupid rich people on the Highways i consistently have old men in Corvettes, Lambo's and Porches reving there engines at me and trying to race. So i was just trying to gain more power and throttle response. Now i see that my best bet would be to focus more on Suspension for now and brakes along with in the future a Vortex SC. If anybody has any suggestions on good suspension gear that wont burn a massive hole in my pocket i would appreciate it. Along with any parts i could get to boost my cars Hp up so i can feel a bit of a difference. Right now i put a new Clutch i 3000 miles ago so im good on a clutch for a while. Somebody brought up that i needed a new Exhaust i dont think i do the previous owner spent over a grand on the Borla Type-S i have installed im sure its not the best but it will serfice. Thanks again for all the knowledge and input i really appreciate it. Now if you guys can all help push me in the right direction for a Suspension and what performance parts i should look into buying to get some gains i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:37 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

We cant really tell you just point you in the right direction. It all depends on what you want from the car.

Honestly if the car doesn't have enough power for you in stock form your best bet is to save up for a car that has the power your looking for in stock form...

As for suspension my first suggestion is to go look at your rear differential, if you have a black streak down your subframe that looks like running mascara, you can start with some whiteline differential bushings... They will only cost about $100.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:42 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

i consistently have old men in Corvettes, Lambo's and Porches reving there engines at me and trying to race.
They are probably just trying not to stall out when they take off, but you should know that even if you drop $15000 in overnight parts from Japan those cars are still going to spank you in straight line acceleration.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:05 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
They are probably just trying not to stall out when they take off, but you should know that even if you drop $15000 in overnight parts from Japan those cars are still going to spank you in straight line acceleration.
Hey, i can actually hang with vette.... not c6/7 z06 but base vette yes haha
Old 06-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Thanks everybody didnt expect this many post for when i got off work. I appreciate all the criticism and knowledge i need everything i can get im pretty new to owning a Z and i like all the feedback coming in. Thanks Unicus, Travlee and Dkmura and everybody else. So i realized i may have been looking at this completely wrong and im glad i had you all to save me. The reason why i was looking for power gains is i live right next to Whitefish which is a resort town filled with stupid rich people on the Highways i consistently have old men in Corvettes, Lambo's and Porches reving there engines at me and trying to race. So i was just trying to gain more power and throttle response. Now i see that my best bet would be to focus more on Suspension for now and brakes along with in the future a Vortex SC. If anybody has any suggestions on good suspension gear that wont burn a massive hole in my pocket i would appreciate it. Along with any parts i could get to boost my cars Hp up so i can feel a bit of a difference. Right now i put a new Clutch i 3000 miles ago so im good on a clutch for a while. Somebody brought up that i needed a new Exhaust i dont think i do the previous owner spent over a grand on the Borla Type-S i have installed im sure its not the best but it will serfice. Thanks again for all the knowledge and input i really appreciate it. Now if you guys can all help push me in the right direction for a Suspension and what performance parts i should look into buying to get some gains i would greatly appreciate it.
The Z was never intended to be a straight-line car. Everything you listed will spank you like an Asian schoolgirl if you stay NA.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:41 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 3,301 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
The Z was never intended to be a straight-line car. Everything you listed will spank you like an Asian schoolgirl if you stay NA.
Ooooo, knew there was a reason I'm NA.

But yeah, it's still all about the car mods....

Psh.... a driver who knows what he's got in himself ignores idiots who rev engines at him/her because s/he's got nothing to prove.

And then there's people who won't rev their engines at me because they recognize who I am.

Heh heh.....
Old 06-29-2016, 04:06 AM
magellster

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Somebody brought up that i needed a new Exhaust i dont think i do the previous owner spent over a grand on the Borla Type-S i have installed im sure its not the best but it will serfice.
Borla Exhaust is the only way to go. Don't listen to the haters! I hope you enjoy your car and take care of it. Glad you are humble enough to take advice and suggestions from others on your car too.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:59 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by magellster
Borla Exhaust is the only way to go. Don't listen to the haters! I hope you enjoy your car and take care of it. Glad you are humble enough to take advice and suggestions from others on your car too.
Eeeeeee its not bad but deff not the only way to go... I'm not a believer.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:08 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

. . .The reason why i was looking for power gains is i live right next to Whitefish which is a resort town filled with stupid rich people on the Highways i consistently have old men in Corvettes, Lambo's and Porches reving there engines at me and trying to race. So i was just trying to gain more power and throttle response. . .
Ahh, the truth surfaces. Nick, nobody gives a crap about you and your clapped-out $5K Z, and nobody is trying to race you. What are you, a 15-year old? And what if they really were? Do you think a 13-year old Z with a few bolt-ons would become a supercar? Get your hormones in check and drive safely. I was right with my Dugan reference.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:11 AM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by MicVelo

And then there's people who won't rev their engines at me because they recognize who I am. and that my reaction time is bad so they dont want to waste gas on me

Heh heh.....
Fixed it for you mic.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:24 AM
Syner

Ooooo, knew there was a reason I'm NA.
I just spit out some coffee.

But yeah, it's still all about the car mods....

Psh.... a driver who knows what he's got in himself ignores idiots who rev engines at him/her because s/he's got nothing to prove.

And then there's people who won't rev their engines at me because they recognize who I am.

Heh heh.....
So true. Ignore it. Who cares if someone wants to race?

In my area it's an automatic suspension and impound with a $2000 fine, and up to 6 months in jail. There are also talks of having it become a criminal charge rather than a traffic violation. They don't f*ck around.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:28 AM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

no 'murica no care
Old 06-29-2016, 05:28 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by dcains
Ahh, the truth surfaces. Nick, nobody gives a crap about you and your clapped-out $5K Z, and nobody is trying to race you. What are you, a 15-year old? And what if they really were? Do you think a 13-year old Z with a few bolt-ons would become a supercar? Get your hormones in check and drive safely. I was right with my Dugan reference.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:40 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by travlee
no 'murica no care

Back to my corner I go.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:46 AM
turboed350z

But guys, street racing is whats being fast and furious is all about. If he starts racing now, in a few years he'll pull a heist on rio richest man and make hundreds of millions.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:47 AM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Syner

Back to my corner I go.
you know i have nothing butt love for you synee
Old 06-29-2016, 05:51 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by travlee
you know i have nothing butt love for you synee
Old 06-29-2016, 03:22 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 3,301 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Fixed it for you mic.
Hey, the guy handing out time slips at top end said "sure pops, 1.5 is a great reaction time!"

I didn't quite catch the last part though.... Something like "...if you were red..." Or maybe fred... Or dead...

Really gotta change the hearing aid batteries.

Quick Reply: What do to next to my Z