Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What do to next to my Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 04:17 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Hey, the guy handing out time slips at top end said "sure pops, 1.5 is a great reaction time!"

I didn't quite catch the last part though.... Something like "...if you were red..." Or maybe fred... Or dead...

Really gotta change the hearing aid batteries.
Ditch the hearing aid, you dont need to hear. And beside you lose 3oz for weight reduction.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Nick Hiatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh Dcains the true douche bag comes out. If i wanted some desk jockey to talk **** to I would have posted some real ******** and fought with anybody who had anything to say against what I thought I wanted. Sorry that your pompous ego is to big to realize i didn't really know what i wanted and thats why i opened a forum. I thought the best way to get some affordable gains was to use strap-on parts rather then drooping 6-7 grand on a Vortech SC or Working the suspension and getting new ratio's for my tranny. I am looking for gains but im not looking for a tool like you to run your mouth on any uneducated person who joins in the forum with basic questions about mods or tunes. Yes maybe i should have done more research, Maybe im just not good at navigating the forums and finding the right information that applies to me and what im looking for. Im trying to have fun and stay responsible if i was trying to be a disrespectful **** like you i would have told you and every other person to **** off but i understand when im wrong or had the wrong impression i just wanted some help not some shmuck like you to talk **** on my forum. And my Z is in no way a "Clapped-out 5k Z" It blue books at $9000 its never been moded and it has under 6900 miles driven on it a year with the previous owner being in his 60's. I never said anything about turning my Z into a super car so you can take your assumptions and shove them up your ***. I treat my car like i treat others with Respect! Unfortunately I live up in the mountains and dont have any pro building/tuning shops within 250 miles(spokane) to get any insight from so i came on here to get educated. I was right about my reference you are a douchebag who lives in Florida with an over-sized ego. Keep trolling adults and have a good day *****. As to everybody else that has written any intelligible feedback towards me and my car i appreciate it. Ive learned a pretty good amount on what i actually want to do now and i also learned that no matter what there is going to be some troll on the forums. Thanks everyone and feel free to throw more input my way. Im focusing on my struts, springs and shocks for the time being and I appreciate any educated persons thoughts on what brands i should go for and which ones i should stay away from. Thanks everyone and Thanks dcains for being you. Much love everybody.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:59 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

You won't last long here with comments like that. ^

Last edited by mr. sparco; 06-29-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:00 PM
turboed350z

First of all youre not getting 400whp with jus 6-7 grand.

Secondly, you said yourr responsible, but you want to street race corvettes. The hypocrisy.

Dcain may be an *** but he wasnt wrong. The z is GARBAGE for straight line race and mediocre for coners. It is the BLEND of the two. Its not the best for corners nor straightling because thats not what it was design for.

You want straightline speed, get a v8. If you want to compete with corvette on a budget get a v8 and build it or get a honda and built it.

A built z is NOT cheap.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:02 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,096 Likes on 6,553 Posts

wow dude, you just killed my ties with you...dcains is a very knowledgeable and respected guy, your kbb is 9k, hell i spent 2/3 of that on just a couple parts on the vette

you are the definition of "the new z owners"
Old 06-29-2016, 06:06 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

I like the tuna here.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:08 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
I like the tuna here.
On white no crust
Old 06-29-2016, 06:13 PM
travlee
Master

i liked OP at first, i gave him legit answers via pm.... several of you i have never met, seen you around for years, many have given good advice, some shiite. to me when you talk crap to a senior member, you are a snot nosed kid
Old 06-29-2016, 06:15 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by turboed350z
First of all youre not getting 400whp with jus 6-7 grand.

Secondly, you said yourr responsible, but you want to street race corvettes. The hypocrisy.

Dcain may be an *** but he wasnt wrong. The z is GARBAGE for straight line race and mediocre for coners. It is the BLEND of the two. Its not the best for corners nor straightling because thats not what it was design for.

You want straightline speed, get a v8. If you want to compete with corvette on a budget get a v8 and build it or get a honda and built it.

A built z is NOT cheap.
hell he isn't getting 300 whp with that amount
Old 06-29-2016, 06:16 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,271 Likes on 2,328 Posts

To answer the suspension question....

Start with alignment
and check it with every thing you add. (Pays to get one of those "lifetime alignments" so you can bring it back for a check anytime.

Lightweight wheels and good tires. Take your pick.

Next, adjustable sway bars - Stillen, Hotchkis, both work fine.

Shocks/springs: I'm not a coilover person because I don't need to adjust my ride height and compression/rebound that often but if you want c/o's, pay for the good ones. Bilstein PSS 9/10 or KW-V3s. You can save a little going with Tein or Stance as well.

IMO, a good set of shocks & springs are the most cost effective setup for a dual purpose car....

Bilstein B6/B8 with Eibach ProKit springs is conservative but good. (AKA Bilstein B12 Prokit)

Koni Yellows with Eibach or comparable spring set - also about the same price range as the Bilstein ProKit set up and gives you the ability to adjust the shocks to fit your loading (wheel/tire setup)

Below that, Tokico Blues with spring set of your choice. I like Eibach but hear many good things about Swift, Tein, Hotchkis, H&R.

Alignment gear: Front UCA gives you ability to adjust camber/caster up front, Rear toe arms/toe bolts same out back. SPL and SPC are the big names in adjustable alignment gear.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:42 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Hiatt
Ahh Dcains the true douche bag comes out. If i wanted some desk jockey to talk **** to I would have posted some real ******** and fought with anybody who had anything to say against what I thought I wanted. Sorry that your pompous ego is to big to realize i didn't really know what i wanted and thats why i opened a forum. I thought the best way to get some affordable gains was to use strap-on parts rather then drooping 6-7 grand on a Vortech SC or Working the suspension and getting new ratio's for my tranny. I am looking for gains but im not looking for a tool like you to run your mouth on any uneducated person who joins in the forum with basic questions about mods or tunes. Yes maybe i should have done more research, Maybe im just not good at navigating the forums and finding the right information that applies to me and what im looking for. Im trying to have fun and stay responsible if i was trying to be a disrespectful **** like you i would have told you and every other person to **** off but i understand when im wrong or had the wrong impression i just wanted some help not some shmuck like you to talk **** on my forum. And my Z is in no way a "Clapped-out 5k Z" It blue books at $9000 its never been moded and it has under 6900 miles driven on it a year with the previous owner being in his 60's. I never said anything about turning my Z into a super car so you can take your assumptions and shove them up your ***. I treat my car like i treat others with Respect! Unfortunately I live up in the mountains and dont have any pro building/tuning shops within 250 miles(spokane) to get any insight from so i came on here to get educated. I was right about my reference you are a douchebag who lives in Florida with an over-sized ego. Keep trolling adults and have a good day *****. As to everybody else that has written any intelligible feedback towards me and my car i appreciate it. Ive learned a pretty good amount on what i actually want to do now and i also learned that no matter what there is going to be some troll on the forums. Thanks everyone and feel free to throw more input my way. Im focusing on my struts, springs and shocks for the time being and I appreciate any educated persons thoughts on what brands i should go for and which ones i should stay away from. Thanks everyone and Thanks dcains for being you. Much love everybody.

dcains you can cry on my shoulder if you want
Old 06-29-2016, 06:48 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Well well deep breaths... Nobody likes getting picked on, and we all start somewhere. Take the criticism with a grain of salt. We all pick on each other, and if your skins not thick your going to have a short time on the forum...

If you hadn't noticed right below your user name where it says registered user on yours and every other non premier member and or moderators heading mine sais ..dboyzalter 6 inch **** is my fave!

Thats not something you can change someone high in the my350z land made that custom just for me and the first time I noticed it I laughed so hard my wife asked what was so funny.

Point is dont bite the hands that feed, their is a wealth of information on these boards and many members can find things faster then you could think of them... Many have spent countless hours putting in the time and doing the research...

When people ask dumb questions they get dumb answers. Some of us are helpful some are not, some are helpful somedays and just here for the entertainment on other days...

Ok thats all I got for now...

Ooo p.s. Fastest way to get everyone to like you is post pictures of all your hot Facebook friends in the ***** thread.

Last edited by dboyzalter; 06-29-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:51 PM
turboed350z

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
Well well deep breaths... Nobody likes getting picked on, and we all start somewhere. Take the criticism with a grain of salt. We all pick on each other, and if your skins not thick your going to have a short time on the forum...

If you hadn't noticed right below your user name where it says registered user on yours and every other non premier member and or moderators heading mine sais ..dboyzalter 6 inch **** is my fave!

Thats not something you can change someone high in the my350z land made that custom just for me and the first time I noticed it I laughed so hard my wife asked what was so funny.

Point is dont bite the hands that feed, their is a wealth of information on these boards and many members can find things faster then you could think of them... Many have spent countless hours putting in the time and doing the research...

When people ask dumb questions they get dumb answers. Some of us are helpful some are not, some are helpful somedays and just here for the entertainment on other days...

Ok thats all I got for now...

Ooo p.s. Fastest way to get everyone to like you is post pictures of all your hot Facebook friends in the ***** thread.

6inch huh... well atleast you beat trav by atleast 4...
Old 06-29-2016, 06:55 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Originally Posted by dcains
I just spit out my delicious cold-brewed iced coffee. Get yourself some shocks/springs/swaybars for ~the same $ and you'll get improvements you can actually feel. Then maybe some lightweight 18" wheels and good tires. Or maybe a decent sound system - i.e. something you'll enjoy. The Z is one of the worst sportscars in terms of return on investment from bolt-ons. Take your time and take it a step at a time. Learn to drive, and please don't be a Dugan.
Because dcains actually gave some solid *** advice right out of the gate.

And so you know dugan is like I am legend for my350z...
Old 06-29-2016, 06:57 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

6inch huh... well atleast you beat trav by atleast 4...
come on now we all know your Asian, my wifey told me the rumors about that.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:58 PM
turboed350z

come on now we all know your Asian, my wifey told me the rumors about that.
Yea but cant land a hottie like mine with a small tool chest haha
Old 06-29-2016, 07:04 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Yea but cant land a hottie like mine with a small tool chest haha
True that...

Ive got this waiting for me in my bedroom...

Living the dream
Old 06-29-2016, 07:08 PM
turboed350z

True that...

Ive got this waiting for me in my bedroom...

Living the dream
Why do you have food in your bed?
The following users liked this post:
Syner (06-30-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 07:13 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Old 06-29-2016, 07:16 PM
turboed350z