2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What have you done for your Z today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 06:43 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by the rook
Installing cat back system. Pit stop for Sawzall blades.
I ended up using many cutting tools during my fun exhaust install... Im still dreading round 3.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:17 PM
the rook

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I ended up using many cutting tools during my fun exhaust install... Im still dreading round 3.

Yikes. Lol.
I haven't bought test pipes yet. I was going to hold off on the exhaust but I found the one I wanted for a price that was too good to pass up.
With the trip to Walmart for Sawzall blades the entire operation took me two and a half hours. I guess I got pretty lucky because every bolt broke loose with ease but like I said I haven't gotten to the test pipes yet and I'm not sure how difficult they'll be to get off the exhaust manifold.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:14 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

I had no problems getting my Cat bolts off on my 90,000 mile North East Z.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:52 AM
rizeld

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CJM
I had no problems getting my Cat bolts off on my 90,000 mile North East Z.
Lucky man me thinks. Every bolt (except the 2 bolts on the header side) I touched on my exhaust broke. And my Z came from Bumm F PA as a daily.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:43 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,268 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Makes me count my blessings for "no-snow-and-hardly-any-rain" here. Took an hour of bolt soaking and another 90 mins to fully remove my exhaust and install the "new" one.

And not one broken anything. (Even the rubber hangers were still supple and continue to hang my S-Tune.)

Then I sat on the stock one for two years before tossing it out in primo condition (after not even a single inquiry for it at a measly hundred clams.)

Well, la-dee-da ya damm pampered Californian, right?
Old 11-03-2016, 08:47 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Bunch of jerky ****'s up in here with bolts that still resemble something a set of craftsman tool's will remove. Mine got cut off with a grinder and then drilled out... My berks cats are still sitting in the basement waiting for my motivation.

As for today... I put in some new cheesy Kenwood 6 1/2 inch speakers in the front. Ran new wire to the old wire (behind seat) and soldered all 12 spots because I'm only a little bit ghetto.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:02 AM
the rook

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Makes me count my blessings for "no-snow-and-hardly-any-rain" here. Took an hour of bolt soaking and another 90 mins to fully remove my exhaust and install the "new" one.

And not one broken anything. (Even the rubber hangers were still supple and continue to hang my S-Tune.)

Then I sat on the stock one for two years before tossing it out in primo condition (after not even a single inquiry for it at a measly hundred clams.)

No corrosion here in Colorado either. Lol. Didn't even need a breaker bar. Just a 3/8 drive craftsman ratchet.
Not trying to run it in or anything for the guys grinding bolts out and what not ;-)
Old 11-03-2016, 09:05 AM
the rook

I was able to reuse my rubber hangers as well. Sawzall was to cut one damn tip off the muffler metal hanger. Couldn't squeeze it out of the rubber :-/
Old 11-03-2016, 09:15 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

O my hangars where all good. Actually my rear muffler came off really easy, I didnt need to worry about the bolts in that at all because the pipe rusted and broke at the flange. The car actually sounded mean when I first got it...

I got this little bastard to help with catalytic converter removal, and it works good for soldering also... Its deff notbit the mist precise tool but works.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:02 AM
the rook

O my hangars where all good. Actually my rear muffler came off really easy, I didnt need to worry about the bolts in that at all because the pipe rusted and broke at the flange. The car actually sounded mean when I first got it...

I got this little bastard to help with catalytic converter removal, and it works good for soldering also... Its deff notbit the mist precise tool but works.

Props for the ingenuity.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:31 AM
35th4me

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Administered the 10-Minute Cure for my OCD.

Before:

After:

Yeah, yeah, I know... "So, uhhhh, Mic, what's the diff?"

After putting on 1" narrower wheels than I usually run, and despite offset difference, the RPF1s with same sized tires I run on 10.5s juuuuuuust didn't look right to me and it's been bugging me to no end; despite them fitting/working just fine.

Put on my 5mm slip-ons and all is right with the world now. Now that's obsessively compulsive.

See what you have to look forward to when you're "done" with your car? Laff...
You crack me up!!! The scratch behind the wheel would drive me crazy! Hope all is well Mic!
Old 11-03-2016, 12:04 PM
90nissanS13

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

@MicVelo

Those wheel spacers make a considerable difference, even in a not-so-good representation with these images. No one may ever know what you've done. For me, these subtle and unspoken details will decide if I like you car or not.

Wheel fitment in the aftermarket is probably one of the most under-performed areas in my opinion. I rarely every see a wheel fitment that is aesthetically pleasing. I mean that in relation to the car, not the desired(or failed attempt) look the owner was aiming for.

A good looking wheel fitment is worth more to me than a bucket of add-ons and other nonsense.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:07 PM
the rook

Originally Posted by 90nissanS13
@MicVelo

Those wheel spacers make a considerable difference, even in a not-so-good representation with these images. No one may ever know what you've done. For me, these subtle and unspoken details will decide if I like you car or not.

Wheel fitment in the aftermarket is probably one of the most under-performed areas in my opinion. I rarely every see a wheel fitment that is aesthetically pleasing. I mean that in relation to the car, not the desired(or failed attempt) look the owner was aiming for.

A good looking wheel fitment is worth more to me than a bucket of add-ons and other nonsense.
Yeah for sure. MicVelo gave me some solid advice on tire size for my desired fitment. I'm extremely pleased with my look.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:45 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Speaking of shitty wheel fitment, you could shelter yourself from the rain with these fenders.

And why in the world is the front tire taller than the back wtf
Old 11-03-2016, 12:59 PM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Speaking of shitty wheel fitment, you could shelter yourself from the rain with these fenders.

If that's actually the case, I can't see it from the picture, than someone not paying attention rotated the tires front to rear or purchased the wrong tires.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:30 PM
the rook

Maybe it's converted to FWD. Lol.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:53 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Haha no im at the dealership it comes with bigger tires up front.

Taller anyways just slightly

At least you could probably run a square setset and keep it happy.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:03 PM
the rook

Hopefully in 2 years I can upgrade to a new Z. I saw one at a dealership with dealer installed twin turbos. 600hp!!!!
Sure wish I had the means to snatched that up. Lol
Old 11-03-2016, 03:05 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,268 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by 35th4me
You crack me up!!! The scratch behind the wheel would drive me crazy! Hope all is well Mic!
Ehhh, I don't really notice that battle scar until I see it in pics. Picked up my other car from body shop yesterday and was going to drop the Z off for some mild work but changed my mind....figured I'll get one car perfect first by taking care of it's non-terminal issues (my latest project).

Originally Posted by 90nissanS13
@MicVelo

Yeah, I do agree and in person, that 5mm does make a diff - at least to my eye. Aside from aesthetics, also figured I'd take advantage of the newly rolled fenders. Laff...

Yeah for sure. MicVelo gave me some solid advice on tire size for my desired fitment. I'm extremely pleased with my look.
Glad to be of assistance and it worked for you.
Old 11-05-2016, 05:59 PM
rearranged

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Hopefully in 2 years I can upgrade to a new Z. I saw one at a dealership with dealer installed twin turbos. 600hp!!!!
Sure wish I had the means to snatched that up. Lol
Dealerships install twin turbos?

Quick Reply: What have you done for your Z today?