Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Heart of America Z Car Club September Winery Cruise.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Blu Hvn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heart of America Z Car Club September Winery Cruise.

The Kansas City based HAZCC will be making it's annual Winery Cruize Saturday, September 30. The location is yet to be set but at least for now you can write in the date.
Typically we pick a winery for us to hook up with our ZedHead friends from across the state, Gateway Z Club for a day of Z fellowship.
I'll post later with more details

Last edited by Blu Hvn; 09-06-2006 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Blu Hvn

The post below was "copied and pasted" from www.hazcc.com. All Z drivers and enthusiasts are invited.

Update #1. As many of you may know, the annual Winery CruiZe has been a joint venture with the Gateway Z Club. Due to a scheduling conflict, Gateway will be holding their event on September 23 or 24 at a yet to be determioned location. We are still having our CruiZe on September 30. We are invited and encouraged to join Gateway on theirs if we so desire and they are certainly welcome to ours.
Update #2. Our 2006 Winery CruiZe will be to the Les Bourgeois Vineyard in Rocheport, MO. It has been some years since we've been there as a group. Rocheport is located at exit 115 on I-70 but don't assume we'll be taking I-70 to get there.
There are 2 "facilities" at Les Bourgeois. One is a full service "Blufftop Bistro" restaurant with a varied menu. The other an "A-Frame Winegarden". The A-Frame has a very limited menu consisting of a cheese/sausage platter and snacks. Both of these facilities sit on top of a bluff overlooking the Missouri River valley and is a 5 minute or less walk away. Our "Official" location will be the A-Frame.
Need another option for lunch? Les Bourgeois tells us we are welcome to bring our own picnic lunch to enjoy at the A-Frame. They do ask that you don't do something somewhat tacky like bringing food from another vineyard.
Need even more choices for lunch? Columbia, MO. is located about 10-15minutes to the east. You can run over there then run back. Here's another option. Those of you who went on the Tom Gregory know what a neat town Arrow Rock, MO. is and what ggod food the 160+ year old tavern serves. Arrow Rock is about 20 minutes to the west and north.
There is an MU home football game that day and Les Bourgeois says they get pretty busy before and after the game. My plan is to arrive a little past noon after the MU fans have left. That way we can claim their tables and hold them until after the game.
That's it for now. I'm still calculating the the route and meeting/departure time. I'll keep you posted.
Z ya!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Blu Hvn

BTW, G35's are welcome also!
Old 09-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Blu Hvn

Below is copied from the official announcements being sent to HAZCC members. Regardless if you're a member or not you're welcome to join us!

Here's the "lo' down" on the "ho' down" happening September 30.
It's our Annual Winery CruiZe. This year we're going to stick a little closer to home and do our wining and dining at Les Bourgeois Blufftop Winery & Restaurant in beautiful Rocheport. Folks ,if you've never been to Les Bourgeois, you do not want to miss this event! This is a fabulous place with a fabulous view of the Missouri River and valley.
Les Bourgeois has 2 great facilities-The Bistro Restaurant and the A-Frame Winegarden which is located a short walk away. We'll be congregating at the A-Frame. They have numerous dining areas carved into the bluff surrounded by trees. It's a great setting.
Also this year you'll have your choice for dining.
The Bistro restaurant has a full menu. Check it out at http://www.missouriwine.com/BistroMenu.htm.
The A-Frame Winegarden has fairly sparse menu-offering a Cheese and sausage platter or snacks. Take a look at their menu at http://www.missouriwine.com/AFrameMenu.htm.
If neither appeal to you how about bringing your own picnic? The A-frame staff says that's OK but prefer you not provide your own refreshments.
Is your nose still wrinkled up? You can hop in your car and cruiZe down I-70 East to Columbia or West to Boonville and choose from their numerous offerings. Columbia and Boonville are each located about 10 minutes away.
Are you up for an adventure? Just west of Boonville about 15 minutes is the cool town of Arrow Rock with the tavern/restaurant built in 1837.
Wherever you choose to dine please plan on joining us back at the A-Frame.
We'll be meeting at 9:15 at the Burger King at I-70 and Adams Dairy Parkway, that's exit 21.Scheduled departure time is 9:30 a.m. As always, be prepared to leave with a full tank of gas. From there we'll be taking a secret route to Rocheport. The route will be a mix of interstate and county roads. I think you'll enjoy it. The scheduled arrival time at Rocheport is noon.
If you'd rather, you can just meet us at Rocheport which is just off I-70 at exit 115.
Since we won't all be dining together you'll be on your own tab for lunch and refreshments.
Although this is not officially a joint CruiZe with St. Louis this year they are encouraged to join us.
Z ya on Saturday, September 30. And bring 2-way radios if you have them.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:12 AM
Blu Hvn

Weather forecast for Saturday is fantastic! Clear to partly cloudy and temps in the low 70's!
Z ya there.