Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Lafayette, LA Members?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:50 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dave, we're having a mini meet tomo at the fly and then having some sushi afterwards on magazine...come hangout with us
Old 05-10-2007, 02:53 PM
SmokyTyrz

What is "the fly?"
Old 05-10-2007, 02:58 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

the fly is an area behind the zoo...right by the river....its a really nice place to hangout.lots of girls in bikinis....
Old 05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
SmokyTyrz

Ok - that's NO area then. Looks like I'll need to make trek out that way some time.

Any other regular stuff closer to Lafayette? With my rear camber I don't like to make too many long trips. :-)
Old 05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

we def gonna have a bbq on the 27 of this month..u should come out
Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
SmokyTyrz

Wish I could make that but I'll be in San Jose for work that week.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:23 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

thats cool...when u coming back? we're gonna have a little dyno day for just us Z's on the 2nd of june if u can make that..its gonna be at corr proformance in port allen. btw my name is soleil...whats urs?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
SmokyTyrz

Dave Nice to meetcha

A dyno in Port Allen would be nice. I'm hoping to have my tuning laptop released back to me from the wife, who is using it as a backup while hers is being repaired. Not that a dyno day is a good time to do tuning, but it would be good to collect some data from a few runs in this humidity!

I think I'll be out the week of 5.27-6.2ish. The trip hasn't been scheduled yet, but I have a presentation to make at work that week so I know I'll be flying in.

Where is corr performance? Do they have a website?

Anyone ever use the dyno at Thunder Racing in BTR? I know they are mostly V8, or used to be back when I had an Fbody. And there is a shop here in Lafayette I've noticed..on Verot. They have what looks like a Skyline parked in front of it, but is probably an S13 with a body kit (haven't seen it up close yet to tell). I've been meaning to stop by there to see if they have a dyno as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:22 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

give me second i'll find more info for u
Old 05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

i just ask my friend greg to chime in on this thread...he has all the info on this
Old 05-10-2007, 07:36 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, we're gonna have some Z's dyno in Port Allen at Corr Performance on June 2nd. It'll be $60 for three pulls with AFR which is normally $75.

Let me know if you're interested, plus you get to meet all of us. Thats pretty much guaranteed entertainment lol
Old 05-11-2007, 04:29 AM
DustinZ33

Originally Posted by blasian
Hey man, we're gonna have some Z's dyno in Port Allen at Corr Performance on June 2nd. It'll be $60 for three pulls with AFR which is normally $75.

Let me know if you're interested, plus you get to meet all of us. Thats pretty much guaranteed entertainment lol
Guaranteed entertainment indeed. It's always a great time hanging out with all these fools. We love to cut up and have fun but not at the expense of immaturity. So don't worry. Here's corr performance's website. http://www.corrperformance.com/ check it out.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:00 AM
SmokyTyrz

Thx for the info! If I'm back in time I'll try to make the dyno day. I'll have to see about wife-level clearance, since I'll just be returning from a week-long trip.

Thx for the link! I'll check out the shop. I do not believe I've heard of them before.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
addicted2speed

sup im new to the site, im from lafayette, la also wanted to see if they had anything going on out here. pc
Old 06-06-2007, 11:51 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

Just check out the hoppin and poppin BBQ thread that is 7 million posts long, South LA is freakin busy, those guys seem like they are always hanging out.

I wish i lived there, but i will be swinging down that way at the end of the month for some groceries and furniture, so i'll try to meet up with you guys one night.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:56 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by kwiker
Just check out the hoppin and poppin BBQ thread that is 7 million posts long, South LA is freakin busy, those guys seem like they are always hanging out.

I wish i lived there, but i will be swinging down that way at the end of the month for some groceries and furniture, so i'll try to meet up with you guys one night.

Our thread is the true Louisiana thread
Old 06-06-2007, 12:03 PM
DustinZ33

our thread is da bomb!!!! Any of you guys and gals are welcome to join us down here anytime just as long as were not too busy with work. you know how that is sometimes. No one wants to work but for some reason we have to.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:51 PM
SmokyTyrz

Originally Posted by addicted2speed
sup im new to the site, im from lafayette, la also wanted to see if they had anything going on out here. pc

Not much going on in Lafayette. I've been back a month. I go cruise when I get time to let the Z stretch her legs. All I see are Civics and Mustangs. Then more Civics. And a few more Mustangs. And once I saw a few Civics...

We should get a ricekiller.com kind of meet going on here. Where all clubs/cars show up to hang out and enjoy the scene. Seems like there are plenty of enthusiasts local to Lafayette. They just have no where to go.

I know the BR and NO guys have their gigs, and I hope to be able to make it to one of those. But that kind of drive isn't something I want to do too often for meets.

We need a local scene here in Lafayette.

There's this guy down the road from my in-laws with a gorgious sunset orange Z, but I never catch him/her outside to get the scoop.

If you ever want to go cruise the 3 miles of Lafayette streets drop me an email: smokeytirez@gmail.com It would be fun to have a cruising partner for a change.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:02 PM
addicted2speed

yea it would be nice to have a meet or event of some sort once in awhile here.

Quick Reply: Lafayette, LA Members?