Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Any Zs/Gs in knoxville?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Sunset350ZR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the Nissan dealer on Alcoa highway go left. What color is your Z?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
TWISTED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

silver. not sure the "nissan" name, but, the lighter silver, lol.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Sunset350ZR

I think it was called Chrome silver
Old 03-28-2008, 10:29 AM
TWISTED

Nice people over there. I went today and got my side windows done. Aparently, my back window was already tinted with a real light tint, so it was gonna get pricey to have it taken off and redone. So.... I had my sides done at 15%, my 1/4 windows were already limo, and I am going back on Monday with more money to have the old 35% taken off and 15% done in the back. Thanks for the help, I'm real happy with their work (and waranty, lol).
Old 03-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Sunset350ZR

Glad to help
Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 AM
TWISTED

Hey, where do you all take your cars to get oil changes and service done? I went to Ted Russel Nissan today for an oil change, and then it clicked that they are the same people who own Ted Russel Ford (duh) who COMPLETELY screwed me over when I had my Expedition. The people at ford suck, charged me 4 times, totalling 3000 dollars to fix a fuel pump. I don't like Ted Russel anything, but will give Nissan a chance if you guys have had good experiences with them. The place on Alcoa Highway seems good to. Any thoughts?
Old 04-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Sunset350ZR

When I was testing mine for oil consumption I went to Twin City Nissan. Since I tested negative I went back to my Penzoil quickie joint in front of Halls High.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:36 PM
TWISTED

How do you test for that? Just, monitor it and see what the levels are like after so many miles? I thought I had an issue cuz I've only put 2k miles on it in the month I've had it, and, its been driving a little, funny? And, engine noise has been increasing. I got the oil change, and everything seems a little more like it was when I first bought it. Nissan didn't mention a problem, or low oil level though.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:04 AM
Sunset350ZR

And they will not tell you. Think about it. Would you tell someone that isn't stating a problem that there is one if the problem isn't obvious yet. Just keep an eye on it. In 3000 miles the level on my stick changes from full to about 1/2 down the stick. This is probably more than it should but not enough to get a new engine. On the other hand running it at the track or like its at a track all day may lead to more oil consumption or so I am told. I know that the problems are out there and keep an eye on it. I also don't do any mods to the engine proper itself so they can cry foul. HFC exhaust is as far as I am willing to push the warranty.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:06 AM
TWISTED

yeah i hear ya. I was nervous tinting my windows because of previous problems with a prior waranty, lol. Mitsubishi will void a waranty for ANYTHING, lol. carmax says if i do big brakes, wheels and coilovers, just the brakes and coilovers are voided, but the engine, etc waranty is still fine. i'm skeptical, lol. I'll keep an eye on my oil now that I got a fresh change at nissan. carmax said any issues with the motor, if it blows up, etc, they would replace it for 50 bucks. i wonder if an oil consumption problem warants that? and i wonder if they will let me keep the old motor, haha.

so do you guys ever get together to cruise or anything? i keep seein this red Z drivin around and I wanna know what exhaust he has, lol.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Sunset350ZR

That red Z is probably Marvin and yes we go on a cruise/drive once a month or more. Go to our website of www.sportscarfrenzy.com for information of let me know and I will give you my cell for any additional info you may need.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:24 PM
TWISTED

i'll check out that site. thanks man.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Sunset350ZR

Friday night if no rain of course we might collect at the Foothills Mall Cruise in. I plan to show up there around 7.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Jon70ProofZ

Originally Posted by Sunset350ZR
And they will not tell you. Think about it. Would you tell someone that isn't stating a problem that there is one if the problem isn't obvious yet. Just keep an eye on it. In 3000 miles the level on my stick changes from full to about 1/2 down the stick. This is probably more than it should but not enough to get a new engine. On the other hand running it at the track or like its at a track all day may lead to more oil consumption or so I am told. I know that the problems are out there and keep an eye on it. I also don't do any mods to the engine proper itself so they can cry foul. HFC exhaust is as far as I am willing to push the warranty.
i know what you mean about all the warranty stuff, im planning on getting pulleys and a plenum spacer soon, so i guess if the car has problems those two things will be coming off before i go to the dealer, or bribe the service guys to look the other way about the pulleys and spacer, but i knock on wood that nothing has happened to the motor in this or any other of my nissan cars ive owned most of the time its wear items that end up breaking anyway so still got to pay for those, and i just do all of that at home got a big enough garage to do work in here's a picture of it been this way since saturday was trying to replace the brakes on the rear and the slide bolt seized up and broke on me, so had to get a new caliper and bracket because they don't sell them separately then decided to try my luck at nightshading the rear signals, and replace all the lights with leds from www.superbrightleds.com and now ive just got a mess in there tools bolts and everything all over the damn floor, ill be lucky to get all the pieces back on, cause im waiting for the part to get here should look all nice and new when i get it back together hopefully by friday, concert out in maryville at Thunder World

Last edited by Jon70ProofZ; 04-09-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
TWISTED

Originally Posted by Sunset350ZR
Friday night if no rain of course we might collect at the Foothills Mall Cruise in. I plan to show up there around 7.
I dunno where that mall is, but I might show up if I find it, lol. I'll be in a stock silver Z with tinted windows, looking very lost, lol. Maybe see ya there.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Sunset350ZR

Well keep an eye out on the weather because we are suposed to have a large storm system coming through. If its clear I will be there in a Sunset ZR. If its a little cloudy with threat of rain I will be there in my DB coupe, and if its raining everyone probably ought to stay home as I doubt anyone is going to be there lol. You guys need to go ahead and join our site below for area rides and meetings.

www.sportscarfrenzy.com
Old 08-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Mikey1231

hey whats up TN guys? im headed ooltewah, Tn to visit my brother. Im coming from chicago and i was wondering if there are any locals down south. Im gonna be down there for about a week. It would be cool to hang out with some of you guys/gals.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Sunset350ZR

Mikey we are about 75-100 mnutes from where you are going depend on how you drive. Let us know when you are close. Not sure if anything is up this weekend but definitel the weekend of the 30th.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Mikey1231

sounds good. i actually come back on the 29th . i have to be back by the
30th for a family event. i keep checking on here as it gets closer and pm you my number in case anything does happen. i think i might going to a club or bar this sat night with a few girls from le vergne(spelling?).
Old 11-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Justins08350z

im one of the new z owners here in knoxville with an 2007 midnight blue 350z. trying to figure out any meets/drives or anything goin on. thanks

Quick Reply: Any Zs/Gs in knoxville?