Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Kansas Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 AM
zcar_dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are TWO Z Car Clubs in the Kansas City area. Kansas City Z Car Club (kczclub.com) and Heart of America Z Car Club (hazcc.com) Both have active events like cruises, socials, rallies, etc. KCZ has mainly Z32 & Z33 and maybe soon a GT-R. Member age range is from 16 to over 60 (me). We have a group of 10-15 cars that go autocorssing with the Crown Autocross Club and the Kansas City Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). Also, take in some track days at Heartland Park in Topeka, KS and Mid-America Motorplex outside of Omaha, NE. I am also a member of HAZCC, which has a higher starting age range, has a large # of early Zs (240Z, 280Z, Z31s as well as Z32s, and Z33s) and does not compete as a club in organized driving events, i.e. autocross, track. The do have cruises, road rallies and socials. Check them BOTH out by signing on and see what you think. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
03redlinetrack

+1 for kczclub.com
Old 07-21-2008, 08:19 PM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang man that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. 650.00! I found some hawk pads on ebay for 21.50!! Hell of a deal they usually are about 120.00 for the pair. I got lucky. I bet you can find some good deals though.

I'm so glad we don't have inspections here.

Originally Posted by 03redlinetrack
hey guys, i couldn't find the correct region for the longest time and finally found it today. i just recently moved to the KC area and live in a small town right outside. im not the only Z33 owner here and have seen at least 3 others now, which is impressive for a town of 6 or 7,000 people. was wandering if any of them are on this site.

BTW, Missouri laws suck. my car didn't pass the car inspection thing bc of worn down brake pads... what a joke. then they tried giving me an estimate for $650 to replace all pads and resurface the rotors. looks like ill be replacing the pads myself.

sorry to hear about ur accident VU.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:24 AM
03redlinetrack

Originally Posted by kenpo_350Z
Dang man that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. 650.00! I found some hawk pads on ebay for 21.50!! Hell of a deal they usually are about 120.00 for the pair. I got lucky. I bet you can find some good deals though.

I'm so glad we don't have inspections here.
I was able to ahold of a set of OEM's for now and replaced them myself... which is a feat bc Ive never done brakes at all before, but it was really easy (gotta love brembo's). I managed to save a heck of a lot of money doing it myself. Ill switch them out with NISMOs or Hawks after a little while. OEM's are horrible as far as dust goes.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM
six3mike

Axxis has some really good street pads that have low dust. I just got some for my stoptechs cus I was driving around with street/track pads and I couldnt keep my rims clean for 5 minutes.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 PM
ZKansasZ

BTW, Missouri laws suck. my car didn't pass the car inspection thing bc of worn down brake pads... what a joke. then they tried giving me an estimate for $650 to replace all pads and resurface the rotors. looks like ill be replacing the pads myself.

sorry to hear about ur accident VU.
thanks, buddy!

I can't believe that is what they are doing in Missouri...that really does suck!

and yes, +1 for kczclub.com, too !!!
Zcar Dad is a good guy from what I have read!
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 AM
03redlinetrack

Originally Posted by ZKansasZ
thanks, buddy!

I can't believe that is what they are doing in Missouri...that really does suck!

and yes, +1 for kczclub.com, too !!!
Zcar Dad is a good guy from what I have read!
I had a bit of an accident myself in my Z a week and a half ago... hydroplaned on the interstate into the grassy median. Happy to report no damage... just to my dignity. I was stuck there for an hour and a half until a tow truck finally pulled me out. The second time my front tow hook has come in handy after getting stuck.

Zcar Dad does seem like a good guy. I'll have to get some advice from him someday. I plan to autocross my car in a couple of years after I pay it off.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
03redlinetrack

I recommend everyone take a short trip to McCarthy Nissan and check out the 2 GT-R's they have on display. Very impressive. For a limited time only though, they go home to their lucky owners Monday I believe.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:49 PM
z-nigma

I had a bit of an accident myself in my Z a week and a half ago... hydroplaned on the interstate into the grassy median. Happy to report no damage... just to my dignity. I was stuck there for an hour and a half until a tow truck finally pulled me out. The second time my front tow hook has come in handy after getting stuck.

Zcar Dad does seem like a good guy. I'll have to get some advice from him someday. I plan to autocross my car in a couple of years after I pay it off.
Why wait until you pay it off to autoX it? I just bought my Z33 last Friday and have already autocrossed it once! Keep your eyes peeled on KCZClub btw... I'll be posting up info about a cruise coming up here soon.

And ZDad is a good guy! After all, he's MY Zdad, lol.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:48 PM
03redlinetrack

Originally Posted by z-nigma
Why wait until you pay it off to autoX it? I just bought my Z33 last Friday and have already autocrossed it once! Keep your eyes peeled on KCZClub btw... I'll be posting up info about a cruise coming up here soon.

And ZDad is a good guy! After all, he's MY Zdad, lol.
Ah, your the guy with the PPW enthusiast. My fav color. Wish I would of got one, but I was in a hurry when I bought my Z and this was the only one I could find at the time. O'well... redline is my second fav color.

I saw your autoX pix. I'm just afraid my transmission would hate me if I'd attempt it now and its the only car I currently have. I'm just gonna wait until I can get a dd and some suspension and transmission work done.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:27 PM
bimmertech

I saw your autoX pix. I'm just afraid my transmission would hate me if I'd attempt it now and its the only car I currently have. I'm just gonna wait until I can get a dd and some suspension and transmission work done.

whats wrong with your trans?

auto or manual? is it that your clutch feels like poo? i had clutch issues as well--it would slip BAD after about 2-3 track sessions. thought it was a bad clutch, but after pulling it out and replacing it looked to be in decent shape.

so $750 needless dollars later(clutch/fly) i finally found the culprit. if that is your issue gimme a pm here or on kczclub and i'll walk you through the fix.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:33 PM
z-nigma

Ah, your the guy with the PPW enthusiast. My fav color. Wish I would of got one, but I was in a hurry when I bought my Z and this was the only one I could find at the time. O'well... redline is my second fav color.

Yer tranny won't hate you for autoX'ing... In all reality, you only shift once per run (near the beginning) and then just leave it in second. I dunno if I'm taking the Z32 or the Z33 to the next autoX, but you should come out and go for a ride with me! I think you'll realize it's not as hard on the car as you think. (Maybe on tires, though! Especially these crappy Coopers I have on my Z33... They break away with every little throttle input).
Old 08-23-2008, 06:07 AM
03redlinetrack

Yer tranny won't hate you for autoX'ing... In all reality, you only shift once per run (near the beginning) and then just leave it in second. I dunno if I'm taking the Z32 or the Z33 to the next autoX, but you should come out and go for a ride with me! I think you'll realize it's not as hard on the car as you think. (Maybe on tires, though! Especially these crappy Coopers I have on my Z33... They break away with every little throttle input).
Wow... I guess there's a lot about autox'ing I don't know yet. I'll definitely check out the next event. Btw, when is it? I checked the event schedule on kczclub and there's stuff going on next weekend, any autox'ing?

I forgot, I'll def. need new tires before trying it out... mine are pretty low on tread now.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:06 AM
six3mike

Ah, that'll just get you to learn faster.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:17 AM
03redlinetrack

Will you be autoXing this weekend at the Kansas Speedway parking lot? I plan on being in attendance to watch.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:15 PM
bimmertech

wednesday warriors tommorow, who's going?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:32 PM
topcity350z

Hey guys, hows it going... had a Z for a while now lol and just got onto some forums glad to actually have some people in the area, hopfully we can start a z meet here in topeka or somwere close id like to sit around and bs about Z's, i could do that all day
Old 08-18-2009, 09:00 AM
six3mike

Dang, its been a minute someone posted on here. Welcome to the site. What do you have done to your Z?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 AM
topcity350z

haha yeah, figured id start it up again and maybe get some meets going before winter but as far as mods go, jim wolf clutch and fly wheel, popcharger, hks true duel ti exhaust, aam spacer, ur pully, aam ecu reflash, stillen headers, koyo radiator samco hoses, universal grounding kit.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 AM
six3mike

Nice. Put up some pics. I know a few Z guys but they are either in Wichita or KC. So you and me are kind of in the middle.

Quick Reply: Kansas Z Owners