Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Little Rock and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:40 AM
kramykram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crazy everyone is selling there z's
Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I only sold mine due to circumstances, The z wouldnt fair well in a rural nebraska winter or the country road drive to my place.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Flimsy

I'm keeping mine... until I find out if I'm moving to Atlanta. Then it may be on to the next toy, and you guys might enjoy what I'm looking at next. Mark do you still have the CF front bumper btw?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:34 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^who me? If so, then yes but its a cw style add on. I love it except now my car is really low, with OEM suspension.

On a side note*
If any of you guys are interested, when I get home I will have the following items for sale:

6 440cc injectors
1 greddy E-manage
4 tmps off an 06'
1 stillen Valve body upgrade/ for automatics
1 defi blue racer boost gauge
1 blue innovate wideband
2 Berk Technology HFC's NON HR
1 HKS replica exhuast
Old 11-18-2010, 08:45 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I think TJ is referring to Mark or kramykram which is marky mark backwards
Old 11-18-2010, 11:57 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

ohhhhh....
Old 11-19-2010, 05:54 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by idwin
Dub hows sunny florida?
Uhhhhh.... Freakin God's country in my opinion. Fawkin love it here. It's been 81 and sunny since I touched down here.
The people, are........ well not what I'm use to. But the scenery is fantastic.
Originally Posted by kramykram
hey whats up guys. haha no one posting jack in our thread figured id jump to yours and see whats going on.
What up Mark, how's the item I sold ya?
I only sold mine due to circumstances, The z wouldnt fair well in a rural nebraska winter or the country road drive to my place.
Speaking of country roads, Adam (or anyone) what is your opinion on a ruger LCP380 for CC? I'm thinkin of gettin one, loading some hollow points, and callin it a day. It will be housed in my back pocket or sometimes on ankle.
Also, are the federal hydra-shok the best hollow point in 380 form?
I'm new to CC and don't really know what I'm gettin myself into. I chose the ruger LCP as it was very light weight and fit my hand better then the slightly lighter (and lightest 380 on the market right now) kal tec

Also, I never picked up a trey seventy. Seems I'll be keepin my Z a bit longer then planned. A manual 370z I couldn't fit in. The pedal locations are so tight together and I have a 15 size shoe that it didn't work. The automatic felt fine but after thinkin long and hard why get a car payment when this thing is payed off in January.

Last edited by J. Dub; 11-19-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:24 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

IMO the Ruger LCP sucks as far as trigger. I think the Keltec is actually better in that regard and cheaper. Taurus has the TCP which shoots fantastic but i think is a lil bigger? I havent set them all side by side. I have the Keltec and it's awesome for a pocket gun, My dad and some friends have the LCP and all think the Looooooong trigger pull sucks(which you cant do trigger work as its one of the safety features) you may be able to do a lil trigger work but. I torture tested the TCP in vegas this summer and it ran awesome, think atleast 1,000 rounds through it and no cleaning and all mag after mag. It had a fail to chamber a few times but solely due to all the carbon and dirt inside the reciever and on the feed ramp. As far as ammo i like Hornady's critical defense for the .380.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Everyone have a good Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
J. Dub

IMO the Ruger LCP sucks as far as trigger. I think the Keltec is actually better in that regard and cheaper. Taurus has the TCP which shoots fantastic but i think is a lil bigger? I havent set them all side by side. I have the Keltec and it's awesome for a pocket gun, My dad and some friends have the LCP and all think the Looooooong trigger pull sucks(which you cant do trigger work as its one of the safety features) you may be able to do a lil trigger work but. I torture tested the TCP in vegas this summer and it ran awesome, think atleast 1,000 rounds through it and no cleaning and all mag after mag. It had a fail to chamber a few times but solely due to all the carbon and dirt inside the reciever and on the feed ramp. As far as ammo i like Hornady's critical defense for the .380.
Dually noted. Thanks for info!
If you were lookin for home defense handgun and could only stay 380, which 380 handgun would you get?
PS I bought the ruger before I read your post. I see what you mean w/ the long trigger pull. It's going to take some getting used to. But I do like NOT having a safety other then the trigger and my brain being it.
Everyone have a good Thanksgiving!
u2
Old 11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Im not sure but prolly a walther PPK, big difference between a gun dedicated to home and one you want to carry concealed though. Im a believer in the lil pocket pistols such as you're lil ruger, but i have dedicated guns for diff duties. There isnt a do all gun that is good for every situation/task etc. Def pick up some of that hornady critical defense, pick up a couple of boxes and put at least a box of it down the pipe.

Last edited by ARMSTRONGARMS; 11-22-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:51 AM
J. Dub

Agreed on dif hand gun for dif applications.
I tried to get a box of that ammo you mentioned and they didn't have any in stock. So I scooped up some hydra shok hollows in 380 form. Guess these will do for now. I plan on going to range to get some practice in w/ some range ammo then throw in a clip or two of some hollow points to get the feel for the difference in recoil, if any.
Thanks for the advice on the walther ppk I'll look into that.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:12 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Smoking ACES! what a bad *** movie

Last edited by ARMSTRONGARMS; 11-27-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
J. Dub

I haven't seen it
Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

seen the first one, not the second one
Old 11-30-2010, 08:12 AM
J. Dub

Adam, talk to me about crimson tracer. They make a nice package for my ruger LCP that I'd like to get for home secuirty but not sure if there is anything out there that is better (aside from green laser but those won't work w/ my little gun)
Also, what's this about silencers being legal? They're called suppressors. Why have I always thought they were illegal to own?
Does AAC make the best silencer? I'd like to have one so that if there was ever a home invasion I can clear the home while not giving my girl or my brother a wake up call of sheer panic. That and range courtesy
Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 AM
tware

I have to comment because I got this in an email alert and I'm laughing my f'n *** off.

"Umm, I dont want panic anyone but I just shot a bunch of mf'n burglars. No, it's cool, go back to sleep. I got this. " insert f*ck yeah guy here.

Will the LCP even wake anyone up? LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 08:30 AM
J. Dub

LOL well I thought that like you did and it's actually fairly loud. Not really sure why to be honest. Mind you, it's no .45 or .40 loud. But none the less it did surprise me.

I'd really like a supressor (IE the Ti-rant from AAC I'm thinkin about) for flash supression as well. At night, in your home, you just woke up... The last thing I want to do is be blinded by the end of my barrel.

Plus the benefit of being very quiet I don't have to worry about my family getting up out of bed to check and see if I'm ok, what's going on, ect... Less my mind is on them the better
Old 11-30-2010, 10:10 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Ok didnt realize you posted the same thing you pm'd me????
First crimson trace is good, my father has one on his LCP, as i do on my 1911 and a glock.
second yes suppressor's are legal just as a SBR short barrel rifle you have to fill out a ton of paperwork and send in a large amount of cash (plus money for suppressor or barrel work), wait a loooooong time for the ATF to approve it. etc.
Im with Tim i was lol'd and was like really a suppressor on a LCP???? Dude really you dont want to wake up your family during a home invasion? You and your family should have a plan and know it for different scenarios,home invasion,fire,tornado,etc.Most of the battle is already won with being prepared!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:38 AM
tware

as much as I like the LCP, and I do, I dont think it would be the gun I grabbed if **** was going down around the house. For many reasons... but it would probably, maybe, handle the task if you're very proficient with it. i wouldnt be at 4am.

Quick Reply: Little Rock and surrounding areas