Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Little Rock and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
J. Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idwin
OMG jeff search!!!!!!!!!!!! But yes you pretty much have it down on exhaust theory. non resonated pipes WILL rasp period. IMO i would stay away from them but what do i know.
lol. Searching ownz.

Thanks steve and tim for coming by today and for also helping me out. wow that fawking sucked i can def think of a million other things to do on a vacation day
Hey how did the surgery go? I assume all is well if you are up and about. When will you notice results?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I had a blood transfusion not surgery Im guessing i will have another transfusion friday?saturday? then some tests will be done, which i wont be at all surprised if it ends in surgery Crap i pretty much expect it. I work nights and was at the hospital at 9am but didnt get my blood till 1pm so i pretty much fawked a whole day of vacation, oh well i do feel a lil better.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 PM
J. Dub

I had a blood transfusion not surgery Im guessing i will have another transfusion friday?saturday? then some tests will be done, which i wont be at all surprised if it ends in surgery Crap i pretty much expect it. I work nights and was at the hospital at 9am but didnt get my blood till 1pm so i pretty much fawked a whole day of vacation, oh well i do feel a lil better.
Good to hear! I need ya around a little while longer so I can post retarded newb questions to **** you off. I did read alot about the 5/16 MD spacer with thermal gasket... Copper vs non-copper... Came across quite a few of your posts too. I lol-ed alot at your pics.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:43 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

tony at motordyne is a very stand up guy, i totally endorse/back his spacer. now do i feel the copper/non etc. is worth it? I dunno but seeing how you have a 06 i would get the mrev LOL you arent pissing me off.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

also i would just get a K&N drop in filter, i love the growl of the open intake like a pop charger, but in reality the drop in makes more power in the 06 air box.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Darren @ intense motorsports can hook you up w/any and everything. He's a super cool guy on a peronal and business level. tell him i sent you if you decide to stop being a puss and start modding your car.

K&N drop in
MREV from tony at motordyne
resonated test pipes and foulers from darren @ intense

that will gain you the most for you money there while retaining driv/realiablity. everything else is a wast of money unless you go forced induction.

You could also do a rear end gear swap w/lsd and pick up great performance also, but its alot more $$$$$$
Old 10-22-2008, 08:51 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
J. Dub

tony at motordyne is a very stand up guy, i totally endorse/back his spacer. now do i feel the copper/non etc. is worth it? I dunno but seeing how you have a 06 i would get the mrev LOL you arent pissing me off.
I know, giving you a hard time about the pissed off thing. ... I keep reading how since I have an auto the MREV 2 would not be worth the money for the amount of gain I would achieve. It seems that the 5/16 with thermal gasket is ideal. I'd want the copper for the rare 32 degree weather we see here. I don't feel like popping my hood for 8 seconds to dick with the valve. I'm a ***** remember?

also i would just get a K&N drop in filter, i love the growl of the open intake like a pop charger, but in reality the drop in makes more power in the 06 air box.
Yes, finally stuff is starting to make sense on all this crap. I'm bout to go to bed but it seems I have my mod list down pack.

Darren @ intense motorsports can hook you up w/any and everything. He's a super cool guy on a peronal and business level. tell him i sent you if you decide to stop being a puss and start modding your car.

K&N drop in
MREV from tony at motordyne
resonated test pipes and foulers from darren @ intense

that will gain you the most for you money there while retaining driv/realiablity. everything else is a wast of money unless you go forced induction.

You could also do a rear end gear swap w/lsd and pick up great performance also, but its alot more $$$$$$
Yea, Adam this is my decision, though of course not final:
-5/16 MD spacer with copper thermal gasket
-FI's intimidator exhaust with HF cats custom centered (already talked to tony and set up a time to go up and see him in CA) w/ of course stillen bumper. I choose cats due to clients I drive around every once in awhile. I don't want that smell in my car and I doubt they do either.
-drop in K&N filter
-either UTEC or techno square. I have the money for either, just can't decide which is better. I need to do more reading. And David I know will give me a good deal on using his dyno. So I'll have some before and after numbers... Most of this will occur in March though.

God, as much as I'd like to do the rear end gear swap with a better LSD then the one on my 350 I never will. That 09 SS with sunroof, 6spd, and all the interior luxury features this current car offers, (IE: heated seats, ect) I believe that my savings is going to go towards that instead. But of course I'll wait a year after the release. We all know how first year models can be.

Adam, how long have you known Darren? I'm off to bed I'll be back on here at 7:55 tomorrow. Or, well.... today. lol
Night all.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:40 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Call tony at motordyne or even pm him and ask what he recommends, he will give you a straight up answer, btw tell him i sent you.

Ive known darren awhile also tell him i sent you!

There is no fawking way i would waste my money on a reflash/technosquare. utec/haltec/accessport/hks are all much better choices. thing is no one around here is good/or can tune any of them.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:46 AM
CELTIC Z

Last edited by CELTIC Z; 02-06-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

IMO TJ needs to get your popcharger and jeff needs your drop in works out for all off you.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Flimsy

Steve, the week you were on vacationm I had the flu. I have the money in hand right now for your popcharger. I want it badly, but more importantly need it.... My only plans for the weekend are going to this party with Brad tomorrow night. We should catch up this weekend. Hell we all should before the weather turns to suck.

Last edited by Flimsy; 10-23-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:13 PM
J. Dub

Call tony at motordyne or even pm him and ask what he recommends, he will give you a straight up answer, btw tell him i sent you.

Ive known darren awhile also tell him i sent you!

There is no fawking way i would waste my money on a reflash/technosquare. utec/haltec/accessport/hks are all much better choices. thing is no one around here is good/or can tune any of them.
Great! Thanks Adam. Also, I didn't want to go UTEC, haltec, ect... cause it seems they don't take kindly to seasonal changes, altitude differences (if I were to go across country), ect... I assumed reflash was like stock where it compensates for season changes (IE change in outside temp) along with changes in altitude.? But I have done limited research on this. So not too true.

Originally Posted by longhorn44
Dub, I think I have a drop in filter for our "Z", I bought it when I first got the car, practically brand new. I also have the pop charger. I just took it off and went with another system (Mishimoto).....Flimsy was interested in popcharger but no reply....let me know ...............
In on drop in. How much? I'm highly interested. Why are you gettin rid of your drop in and popcharger?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
CELTIC Z

Old 10-23-2008, 01:33 PM
CELTIC Z

[.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
J. Dub

How bout $20 for drop in......practically new.......popcharger is great just wanted to go another route.....Mishimoto is all carbon fiber....I can't tell a difference between them though....Flimsy I got it for ya brother, just wanted to see if you still breathin...........give me a call sometime this weekend, I have to work but get off at 3:30......I'd like to go out with you guys tomorrow night, but wifey said F*** that.......... 940-0735..........late
Cool, I am going out of town tomorrow and will not be back till Monday. I can meet up next Friday the 31st? or that Sunday? I will have cash in hand! By chance do you have reciept, or the cleaning oil for the filter?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Flimsy

Jeff, you really are killing me over here lol. And yeah Steve, Ill call you on Saturday.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:17 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by Flimsy
Jeff, you really are killing me over here lol. And yeah Steve, Ill call you on Saturday.
I figured someone would catch my funny Yea, Steve I'll take the drop in if you can't find anyone by next Friday. But I am pretty booked solid till that Friday. Sorry.
Flimsy, I'm not looking to get the popcharger. Seems the drop-ins from K&N do just as well, (from what I've read)... Now I may have missed some threads that the popcharger is a God sent... Dunno.
Steve, how many miles (roughly) would you say the K&N drop in had on it?

Last edited by J. Dub; 10-23-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM
CELTIC Z

Last edited by CELTIC Z; 02-06-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM
J. Dub

maybe 5k, they are supposed to last 100K..? I'll check to see if I have cleaning fluid and oil, if not you can pick up at Autozone...? Receipt, I stole from someone else's Z, Brad's...but don't tell him......LMAO and next week is find, I'll have it cleaned and oiled up....late
Flippin sweet! Cleaned and oiled for me! Woo! I'm sold! Thanks Steve!

Quick Reply: Little Rock and surrounding areas