Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Track day or driving school day in/around Kentucky?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 07:34 AM
Primaltone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track day or driving school day in/around Kentucky?

The only track I know of is Putnam Park in Indianapolis. I've heard of groups of people renting the track. If so, would anyone be interested? Of course, it would not have to be limited to Z drivers. The more, the merrier.

Like many on the board, I want to upgrade my suspension and do some engine upgrades. However, I bought my Z because it's damn good in stock form. Every time I partake in some spirited driving on some of the numerous 2-lane roads around my home, I can't help but think how much better my car is than me. The problem is, in order to find the car's (and my) limits, I usually have to slightly exceed the limits. I don't want to risk ending up in a ditch or in an opposing lane.

I'd love to attend a track session so I can push the car without the risks associated with public driving. I'd also be interested in having a professional give me pointers on how to go faster and have better control of my car.

I am very much a novice at this, but I would volunteer to set the event up after we get enough information. I realize too, that it may be too late this year due to the weather.

So, is anyone interested?

P.S. I feel the same way on my bike. Anyone have any info on tracks or schools for bikes as well?