Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Southern MO Happnins Z wise and Jobs

Old 08-01-2012, 06:04 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

My daughter went to Missouri State and she loved it. She got her bachelors in accounting, then here Masters and is a CPA. I'm pretty sure you would find MSU to be an outstanding university.

Republic is only about 3 miles from the Springfield city limits. I guess you would say Republic is in the suburbs. I don't know much about the job market here since I am retired and haven't looked into that.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
NoQuestionZ

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
My daughter went to Missouri State and she loved it. She got her bachelors in accounting, then here Masters and is a CPA. I'm pretty sure you would find MSU to be an outstanding university.

Republic is only about 3 miles from the Springfield city limits. I guess you would say Republic is in the suburbs. I don't know much about the job market here since I am retired and haven't looked into that.
You're retired?! Mind if we move in with you!? I appreciate the help, I will be fininishing my Associates out here while Im still in, so I may just need 2 years at MSU... But we will see once I decide my major.

How close are you to some legit windy backroads? Where Im at in So Cal Im 5 mins from the mall, and 20 minutes from mountains... Thats what I love and know i will miss....unless............
Old 08-01-2012, 03:46 PM
KornerCarver

There are lots of winding roads about an hour south of Springfield. The Ozarks have lots of crooked roads. I've only been here for about 3 weeks so haven't really had much of an opportunity to explore the twisties.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:25 PM
NoQuestionZ

you didnt say "no" to moving in with you.....
Old 08-04-2012, 03:36 PM
NoQuestionZ

Another minor detail question:who is the primary cell provider down there in Springfield? I have AT&T now but don't want to re sign if it sucks! Thanks for the info!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:42 PM
KornerCarver

I don't know who the primary cell carrier is, but I have had AT&T for about 10 years and have had no problems. I had them in the St Louis area and am still using the same cell phone in Republic.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Ak48z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Republic is right outside of town, if you are used to a bigger city it will seem like nothing between them. My GF's parents live in Republic, up there every now and then.

It was 106* out today though so come prepared .

Oh and I actually went to MSU as well, its a cool campus.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 PM
NoQuestionZ

Nice guys! I am getting more and more excited about something new in my life. Any more info is much appreciated!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:38 PM
NoQuestionZ

Im going to be in Branson/Springfield MO on teh 23-26th of September....anyone want to loan me their Z so I can scope out the twisties???? I looked into renting a car(briefly) and i chose the "adrenaline line" from Company A, and when it went to "search vehicles" it gave me: kia rio, nissan maxima, & dodge caravan..... Whooohooo that'll get the blood goin! any tips?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:07 PM
NoQuestionZ

Does missouri have any inspection laws that happen prior to registering my Z there? My gf is freaking out(used loosely) that since I have a quick release and aftermarket wheel that I will ahve issues registering my car...???
Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Ak48z

You do have to get inspected but I I'm not sure if that would fail you here or not, I'm sure you could find somewhere to pass you regardless though.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 PM
NoQuestionZ

Originally Posted by Ak48z
You do have to get inspected but I I'm not sure if that would fail you here or not, I'm sure you could find somewhere to pass you regardless though.
What kind of inspection? Noise? Smog? Safety garbage?
Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Ak48z

Just visual like blinkers, wipers, cats (dont think ive ever had my car checked for these though), mirrors, etc.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 PM
NoQuestionZ

Cool. I'm not TOO worried about it, but something to keep in mind...

Did you see that I was going to be around Springfield in the tablerock lake area? Can I borrow your Z for some twisties? Please
Old 08-19-2012, 05:20 PM
KornerCarver

Here you go....................http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/help.php#safety

The link should give you all the information you need getting your car licensed in Missouri.

And here is a link to the Highway Patrol safety inspection manual.......http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...ionsManual.pdf

Last edited by KornerCarver; 08-19-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 PM
NoQuestionZ

awwww, I gots the window tints.....But I didn't install it so that's the only thing I see that they could hassle me on... This is nerve racking...everhting for the military is "welp, I'm registered out of state so....yeah, can I have my stickers now?"
Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 PM
NoQuestionZ

So to bump this thread and give my opinion of my SoMo experience, I loved it. Its like a scaled back SoCal, minus the ocean. I didn't explore the entire region, but I did hit some "as the *drunk* crow flies" twisties( in a 200 Buick century)((exhilarating to say the least)) and I did scope out the towns of Ozark, ,Republic, and Springfield. All nice, but I liked them in that order. I'd just like to put this Ttt to see if anyone had more info for me! Thanks!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 AM
steele350z

Originally Posted by NoQuestionZ
So to bump this thread and give my opinion of my SoMo experience, I loved it. Its like a scaled back SoCal, minus the ocean. I didn't explore the entire region, but I did hit some "as the *drunk* crow flies" twisties( in a 200 Buick century)((exhilarating to say the least)) and I did scope out the towns of Ozark, ,Republic, and Springfield. All nice, but I liked them in that order. I'd just like to put this Ttt to see if anyone had more info for me! Thanks!
I wish i would've seen this thread a long time ago. My car is the only modded hr I've seen driving around Springfield so it would have been nice to have another Z guy around. I live on chestnut between glenstone and 65. Glad you enjoyed your stay though
Old 10-14-2012, 12:48 PM
KornerCarver

It would be nice to get a group of Z owners together and go on a cruise. I was a member of Gateway Z Club and the St Louis Z Club when I lived in Lake Saint Louis. We had meets and cruises during the summer months.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:58 PM
NoQuestionZ

I might be delaying the move, but I hope not... My gf got an internship(for her Masters) at a hospital in Iowa(my homestate...booooo) and she has to see if it turns into a job... Hopefully next april i will be omw to SoMo....

I think either way it will be fun(for a day or two) to be "above the rest" as far as cars go....everyone in Iowa drives dustballs with wheels :/ If i move to Ozark/Republic, i will for SURE be getting a cruise a month together... to keep me sane... thanks for the bumps!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Southern MO Happnins Z wise and Jobs