Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Header Install $$$ in ATL Area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 05:12 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Header Install $$$ in ATL Area?

I just bought a set of TopSpeed SS headers from a GB on motoring and need to get them installed. Anyone who has had headers installed in the ATL area, what did you pay and who did the work? I was quoted $475 by Z1 and dont like paying that much for an install.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2004, 06:42 AM
del105
15 f125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It should take like about 4 hours for the job. So I'd say that price is a little high but not crazy.

call Knowledge Performance. They have a very good shop and are extremely professional. 678-445-0688
Old 11-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Peking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by del105
It should take like about 4 hours for the job. So I'd say that price is a little high but not crazy.

call Knowledge Performance. They have a very good shop and are extremely professional. 678-445-0688
Knowledge has a great reputation, now I am very new to the Z but is doing it yourself compared to driving a couple of hours and spending more money not an option?

It looks tight under the hood, and the fact that I have more experience on Honda's/Acura's would explain why I would consider doing myself... you should be able to find some instructions some where on here or another Z site.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:05 AM
zachcrosen

Originally posted by Peking
Knowledge has a great reputation, now I am very new to the Z but is doing it yourself compared to driving a couple of hours and spending more money not an option?

It looks tight under the hood, and the fact that I have more experience on Honda's/Acura's would explain why I would consider doing myself... you should be able to find some instructions some where on here or another Z site.
There are DIY guides on this forum somewhere. I dont have the tools or patience to attempt this install. I would just assume pay someone to do it right the first time. I have heard of it taking up to 8 hrs to do.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Bini2

Hey again zach, I was thinking about going NA, and when I looked into the pricing for header install, I was surprised.

Then I looked at the Crawford install manual, and understood why. =).....not much space in there.

Z1's price seems fair from what I remember when I was considering N/A. Did you do a search on the boards to look at average prices from various installers? What were they?

I would avoid Balanced Performance, but you knew that already. =p

Last edited by Bini2; 11-30-2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:48 PM
zachcrosen

Originally posted by Bini2
Hey again zach, I was thinking about going NA, and when I looked into the pricing for header install, I was surprised.

Then I looked at the Crawford install manual, and understood why. =).....not much space in there.

Z1's price seems fair from what I remember when I was considering N/A. Did you do a search on the boards to look at average prices?

I would avoid Balanced Performance, but you knew that already. =p
Thanks man. I talked with John @ Z1 yesterday and I am supposed to have my car there Friday for the install on Sat. I called Batlground, Speedsouth in Bham and Knowledge Perf. and Z1 was the best price. Plus I get a free b4 and after dyno.

Did you blow your motor? J/C because I have read about several blown motors in the ATL area.

I am wanting to go F/I and I am considering the Turbonetics single turbo but I am waiting customer reviews and some age before I make the final decision. Looks and sounds like a great kit for the price.

Zach
Old 12-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Bini2

Yeah, my motor didn't hold up. It was avoidable though....I had some work donr and did not get it re-tuned because I was in a hurry to leave.

Didn't make too much of a difference as my engine build parts were already in route to Z1. Car should be done pretty soon, just in time for me to garage it for the winter. =p