Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Latest stuff installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005 | 08:52 AM
slaponte

Talking Latest stuff installed!

Well, after a short visit to Palm Beach Performance my latest batch of stuff is on the car.

- Topspeed headers went on fine.
- I had bought a set of "Kinetix" HF cats of a member here. They did not hook up to my Japtrix Y pipe. The OEM headers and cats fit fine. The Topspeed headers and OEM cats fit fine. So we tried another set of Kinetix HF cats the shop had in stock and those fit fine. So now I don't know what is it with these ones I have.
- Toe adjustment cam (extra adj) for the rear, +align.

As always, Tomy did a superb job and the car feels great. Since my last alignment with them feathering has decreased (is not noticeable) after 8K miles, so I am very very happy. Thats with OEM 18" rims and the OLD thread pattern RE040s!

Some observations : The OEM headers and cats weight a ton, compared to aftermarket, so weight savings. I am glad I had the stuff ceramic coated before install.

Somebody was there to have some Stillen headers installed. I am sorry, but the Topspeed stuff lokks WAAAAYYYY better than the stuff you get from Stillen, on headers I mean.

Result? Butt Dyno is not sure. Because, of course, I drive it harder (since I did some mods) so Is hard to tell if the extra umph is from the mods or my foot. Once thing is noticeable : there is more power on tap when cruising on 6th. I was on the turnpike on the way down and from 88mph you push the pedla and it goes! So thats cool.

I got a good discount and all the work was done to perfection. I got my OEM parts back for the huge garage stash. Getting headers installed is expensive, most places charge 5 hrs of labor or so. The price I got from Palm was competitive and you get the job done right.

Now, I am going driving... bye!
Old 05-16-2005 | 06:25 PM
mikezwade

Glad you like your ride Slaponte. Don't know if the cats you brought to us were Kenetix. We have not seen Kenetix cats with the brackets on them. The Topspeed headers looked great too!
Enjoy the ride
Mike Wade
Manager,Palm Beach Performance
Co-President SFZCC