ZDayZ Fall Fling! Oct 7th - 9th

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:34 AM
mcduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDayZ Fall Fling! Oct 7th - 9th

ZDayZ Fall Fling

When: Friday, October 7th thru Sunday, October 9th
Where: Fontana Village Resort, of course! (Fontana Dam, NC... 1-800-849-2258)

Each year in the fall, ZDayZ staff meets to kick off planning for ZDayZ show in the spring. In the past, we’ve kept this session hush-hush so only a small crowd of people would be on hand to distract us (and so there would be fewer folks crowding staff runs on the Dragon!).

We decided this year to leave an open invite to everyone for a couple of casual days in the mountains at Fontana Village (just down the road from the Tail of the Dragon). This will be a very laid back weekend. It will have none of the fanfare of the actual ZDayZ event. Just good people and good times… think of it as ZDayZ Lite. My advice as organizer of ZDayZ…. I would not come to this event instead of coming to ZDayZ in May, but if you are able to make both we’d certainly love to see you in October.

Z-Car Photoshoots!
There is only one planned activity that will transpire this weekend. We will have a professional photographer on site for staged photoshoots of visitors’ cars. Our photography will be provided by John McDuffie Photography and Design.

Car owners will have the option to have one of the models on hand pose with their car. In addition, some of the cars photographed over the weekend **may** be selected to appear in the first ever ZDayZ calendar which should go on sale at ZDayZ 2006 next May!!!

The cost of the regular package is $125. This price includes approximately 20-30 professional high resolution photographs of your car delivered to you on a CD-ROM. Additionally, two premium packages are available if you would like large prints and/or car show ‘talker’ boards featuring your car.

There are a limited number of time slots available for photoshoots. You can secure a time slot in advance through the following webpage…
http://www.colorcrayon.com/zdayz.html

You will be able to pay on site if time slots are still available. Photoshoot sessions will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. If you are certain you want a photoshoot for your car, it is to your advantage to secure your session prior to the event.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:50 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going, just need to get a hold of my peeps to see if they can come. Small group of 3-4 Z's.

Photoshoot sounds cool, will think it over.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:48 PM
jester7500

Hmmmmm...I have been feening for some TOD action.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:40 AM
mcduck

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

ZDayZ Fall Flings dates will be changing!!!

Someone recently sent this info to me, which I have verified.

COMING OCTOBER 7-8-9
The First Annual Smoky Mountain Bikeweek - At Fontana Village, NC
This promises to be one of the biggest biking events in the Smokies. Something for everyone. Contests, demos, live bands.

This conflicting event was not on the calendar when we originally set the dates, but I will *not* have our Z event ruined a second time this year by competing with a stoopid number of bikes for the road. Not to mention the law enforcement that will be out for the same.

There were other factors that played into this decision as well. For one thing, several models have conflicts with making up that weekend because it is race weekend in Charlotte and they already have plans. Couple other minor factors... hopefully this will allow a few others with conflicting plans a better opportunity to attend.

What does this change?
-Nothing except the dates! (see below)
-If you have already made reservations, I will work with Fontana Village to have your reservations changed. If the new dates do not conform to your schedule, you will still need to call to cancel if necessary.
-If you are doing the photoshoot and have (or will) prepay, nothing should change. You will still get your photoshoot as described before.

The New Dates
The new dates have not been set yet. I need to clear them with Fontana Village and John McDuffie, our photographer. At the moment, the most likely alternate is Oct 14-16 (the weekend following the original dates). I should have that information confirmed by Monday. Until then, I wanted everyone to be aware there would be a change and to put your planning on hold for a few days.

Sorry for this, but as I said, I want this to be an enjoyable experience for all. I really don't think competing with another bike event, especially one based right in Fontana Village, is in our group's best interest.

More news soon!
Andy
Old 08-20-2005, 11:13 AM
azaz

I may be seeing you there. I had already planned to return in the fall and it looks as if it may end up being on the same weekend as ZDays Lite. Should be nice cool weather for the FI peeps in the group. Hope to see you there as I will most likely have a couple of friends joining me as well.

Tony
Old 08-20-2005, 11:32 AM
mcduck

NEW DATES ARE NOW OFFICIAL!

ZDayZ Fall Fling will be Oct 14-16, 2005.

No other details have changed. Hopefully, we'll soon have some pics up of the models that will be on site for photoshoots with cars for those interested.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:34 AM
mcduck

Can I get a moderator to update the dates in my original post from Oct 7-9 to Oct 14-16?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:32 AM
mcduck

Just a reminder... the ZDayZ Fall Fling is approaching fast. We will be hanging out at Fontana Village Resort Oct 14-16, 2006. This is mostly meant to be a staff planning weekend, but a lot of people come up just to hang out one last time before winter sets in.

BOOK YOUR ROOM SOON!!! As I understand it, there will be a Corvette Club and a Mustang Club onsite the same weekend. And let's not forget we may have some tourists starting to travel in to view the leaves. Rooms will be filling up quick. If you intend to join us, it would be wise to book your room ASAP. For reservations, contact Fontana Village at 1-800-849-2258

See you in the mountains!
Andy